Soul-Calendar, Week 27 after Easter

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 25 8:37 AM
      The Calendar of the Soul

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter.

         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the "Soul-Calendar" restored to this complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from Sept. 8th through October 12th in our era. Here's the symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original Soul-Calendar, done from sketches and indications of Steiner's, colored with the corresponding color:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 2 7  *

      In meines Wesens Tiefen dringen:
      Erregt ein ahnungsvolles Sehnen,
      Dass ich mich selbstbetrachtend finde,
      Als Sommersonnengabe, die als Keim
      In Herbstesstimmung wärmend lebt
      Als meiner Seele Kräftetriebe.

      In my essence's deeps is a force:
      It excites a premonition-filled yearning
      That I in my self-contemplation find
      As Summer-Sun's gift, which as a seed
      In Autumn's approach warming lives
      As my Soul's Power-Drive.

      This week's mantram:
         The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we have in Summer.

         Two weeks ago this developing self-consciousness placed us in a state of being completely alone; last week this developing ego-consciousness, the gift of the soul's experience in Summer, we carried into our own Wills & this gave backbone to the drives of our human spirits so that they had a stamp of Self-feeling; this is the solar essence we carry within us into the 'night-time' of the year.

          This week's verse describes a feeling of simply finding a driving force present in our soul depths as a result of this; when I look within, I find a strong yearning for what I sense must now begin to happen in the future; a powerful force lives in the soul's drives which we must sense as a seed of future development as we press on into the Autumn.

      Sunday,  September 25th.  Moon Cancer. Cleophas (he who was a leader in the Gospels).

      Monday,  September 26th. Moon Cancer. Justina, who converted the Cyprian Magicians.   Justinianus I, the founder of numerous Churches.

      Tuesday,  September 27th. Moon  Leo.  Cosmas and Damian, famous medical
                  benefactors of the 3rd Century. 1825 Opening of the first railway.

      Wednesday, September 28th. Moon Leo.  1895 the Natural Scientist Pasteur died.

      Thursday, September 29th. Moon Virgo. Michael (the Archangel).

      Friday, September 30th. Moon Virgo.  Hieronymus, died 420, Christian Church teacher.

      Saturday, October 1st. Moon Virgo. 1386 Founding of the University of Heidelburg.  1847 Annie Besant born.

      *******Venus the "evening star" can be seen in the West just above the sunset. Brilliant yellowish-red Mars, now in its closest approach to earth, rises in the East as Venus sets.

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 11, 2009
      • 1 Attachment
      • 29 KB

      The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
         Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from September 8th through October 12th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler in what Steiner said was the color of the sign, indigo) of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

                    ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********

       *  M A N T R A  # 2 7  *

      In meines Wesens Tiefen dringen:

      Erregt ein ahnungsvolles Sehnen,

      Dass ich mich selbstbetrachtend finde,

      Als Sommersonnengabe, die als Keim

      In Herbstesstimmung wärmend lebt

      Als meiner Seele Kräftetriebe.

      In my essence's deeps is a force:

      It excites a premonition-filled yearning

      That I in my self-contemplation find

      As Summer-Sun's gift, which as a seed

      In Autumn's approach warming lives

      As my Soul's Power-Drive.

         The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we have in Summer. Last week this developing ego-consciousness, the gift of the soul's experience in Summer, we carried into our own Wills, and this gave backbone to the drives of our human spirits so that they had a stamp of Self-feeling. This is the solar essence we carry within us into the 'night-time' of the year.

         This week's verse describes a feeling of simply finding a driving force present in our soul depths as a result of this; when I look within, I find a strong yearning for what I sense must now begin to happen in the future; a powerful force lives in the soul's drives which we must sense as a seed of future development as we press on into the Autumn.

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, October 11th. Moon Cancer. 1531 Zwingli died.

      Monday, October 12th. Moon Leo. Wilfred (acted for the spreading of Christianity in Sweden in the 11th century).

      Tuesday, October 13th. Moon Leo. Angelus.

      Wednesday, October 14th. Moon Virgo. Callistus.

      .

      Thursday,  October 15th. Moon Virgo. 1844 Friedrich Nietzche born.

       .

      Friday,  October 16th. Moon Libra. Gallus (the appointer of the cloisters of St. Gallen).

      Saturday,  October 17th. Moon Libra. New Moon.  Hilarius.

                                 ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *

      PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southern sky from sunset till dawn, ruling the night sky.

      Message 3 of 6 , Oct 3, 2010
      • 1 Attachment
      • 231 KB
           The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                             ****** *
                  THE ZODIAC IMAGE
         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from September 8th to Oct. 12th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, Indigo, is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 2 7  *

      In meines Wesens Tiefen dringen:

      Erregt ein ahnungsvolles Sehnen,

      Dass ich mich selbstbetrachtend finde,

      Als Sommersonnengabe, die als Keim

      In Herbstesstimmung wärmend lebt

      Als meiner Seele Kräftetriebe.

      In my essence's depths is a force:

      It excites a premonition-filled yearning

      That I, in my self-contemplation, find

      As Summer-Sun's gift---which as a seed

      In Autumn's approach, warming lives

      As my Soul's Power-Drive.

      This week's mantra:

         The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we have in Summer.

         Two weeks ago this developing self-consciousness placed us in a state of being completely alone; last week this developing ego-consciousness, the gift of the soul's experience in Summer, we carried into our own Wills, and this gave backbone to the drives of our human spirits so that they had a stamp of Self-feeling; this is the solar essence we carry within us into the 'night-time' of the year.

          This week's verse describes a feeling of simply finding a driving force present in our soul depths as a result of this; when I look within, I find a strong yearning for what I sense must now begin to happen in the future; a powerful force lives in the soul's drives which we must sense as a seed of future development as we press on into the Autumn.

                                                  ***** ********* ********* *

                THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, October 3rd. Moon Leo. Dionysius the Aeropagite, comrade of Paul. Jairus (in Matthew's Gospel). Simplicius.

      Monday,  October 4th.  Moon Virgo. Marcianus (spreader of Christianity in Egypt in the 4th Century).1226 Francis of Assizi died.

      Tuesday,  October 5th. Moon Virgo. Placidus (bringer of Christianity to Sicily in the 6th Century). 1582 The Gregorian Calendar became established

      Wednesday,   October 6th. Moon Libra. Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Angela (who converted Francis of Assizi to Christianity).

      Thursday,   October 7th. Moon Libra. New Moon. Serapius.

      Friday,    October 8th. Moon Scorpio.  Ephraim (Joseph's Son). 1502 Founding of the University of Wittenberg.

      Saturday,    October 9th. Moon Scorpio. Dionysius (he who conducted the counting of the years since the Birth of Christ and decided the the method for fixing the celebration of the Easter festival).

      ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:
      VENUS is an evening star in the West, low above the setting sun. MARS is dimly visble close to it with binoculars or a telescope.
      JUPITER rises in the East as Venus sets. You can see both about 7:30 PM.

      Message 4 of 6 , Oct 23, 2011
      • 1 Attachment
      • 20 KB
      The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

          Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the 1st mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

      The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

              THE ZODIAC IMAGE

          The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from Oct. 13th to Nov. 9th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, violet, is attached to this e-mail.

[...]

      Sunday, October 23rd . Moon Virgo. Ignatius.

       Monday,  October 24th. Moon Libra. Raphael (the Archangel).

       Tuesday,
      October 25th. Moon Libra.
      1806 Max Stirner born.

      .Wednesday,
      October 26th. Moon Scorpio. New Moon.
       Thaddeus (found in Matthew's Gospel).

      Thursday, October 27th. Moon Scorpio. Sabina.

      Friday, October 28th. Moon Sagittarius. Simeon and Judas (relatives of Jesus). 1704 John Locke died. 1466 Erasmus of Rotterdam born.

      Saturday, October 29th. Moon Sagittarius.
       Narcissus.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

      Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southern sky from sunset till shortly before dawn.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

      "Morning star" dim, reddish Mars rises shortly after midnight and is visible directly south at sunrise.

      FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the first mantra today.

      Message 5 of 6 , Oct 7, 2012
      • 1 Attachment
      • 29 KB

          The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from September 8th through October 12th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, Indigo, is attached to this e-mail.

       *  MANTRA # 27 *

      In meines Wesens Tiefen dringen:

      Erregt ein ahnungsvolles Sehnen,

      Dass ich mich selbstbetrachtend finde,

      Als Sommersonnengabe, die als Keim

      In Herbstesstimmung wärmend lebt

      Als meiner Seele Kräftetriebe.

      In my essence's depths is a force:

      It excites a premonition-filled yearning

      That I in my self-contemplation find

      As Summer-Sun's gift, which as a seed

      In Autumn's approach warming lives

      As my Soul's Power-Drive.

         The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we have in Summer. Last week this developing ego-consciousness, the gift of the soul's experience in Summer, was carried into our own wills, and this gave backbone to the drives of our human spirits so that they had a stamp of Self-feeling; this is the solar essence we carry within us into the 'night-time' of the year.

        This week's verse describes a feeling of simply finding a driving force present in our soul depths as a result of this; when I look within, I find a strong yearning for what I sense must now begin to happen in the future; a powerful force lives in the soul's drives which we must sense as a seed of future development as we press on into the Autumn.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday,  October 7th. Moon CancerSerapius.

      Monday,   October 8th. Moon Cancer. Last Quarter. Ephraim (Joseph's Son). 1502 Founding of the University of Wittenberg.

      Tuesday,  October 9th. Moon Leo.  Dionysius (he who conducted the counting of the years since the Birth of Christ and decided the the method for fixing the celebration of the Easter festival).

      Wednesday,  October 10th. Moon Leo.  Gideon.

      Thursday,  October 11th. Moon Virgo. 1531 Zwingli died.

      Friday
       October 12th. Moon Virgo. Wilfred (acted for the spreading of Christianity in Sweden in the 11th century).

      Saturday,
      October 13th. Moon Libra.  Angelus.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:
         None.
      Morning sky:  Jupiter and Venus are the bright 'stars' in the East for a few hours before dawn.

      Message 6 of 6 , Sep 29 7:32 PM
      • 1 Attachment
      • 139 KB

[...]

      Sunday, September 29th. Moon Leo.  Michael (the Archangel).

      Monday, September 30th. Moon Leo.  Hieronymus, died 420, Christian Church teacher.

      Tuesday, October 1st. Moon Virgo.  1386 Founding of the University of Heidelburg.  1847 Annie Besant born.

      Wednesday,  October 2nd. Moon Virgo.  Frumentius (spreader of Christianity in Ethiopia in the 4th Century). 1892 Ernst Renan died.

      Thursday, October 3rd. Moon Libra Dionysius the Aeropagite, comrade of Paul. Jairus (in Matthew's Gospel). Simplicius.

      Friday  October 4th. Moon Libra. New Moon.  Marcianus (spreader of Christianity in Egypt in the 4th Century).1226 Francis of Assizi died.

      Saturday,  October 5th. Moon Scorpio.  Placidus (bringer of Christianity to Sicily in the 6th Century). 1582 The Gregorian Calendar became established.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

         Venus is the bright white 'star' in the West at sunset. Dimmer yellowish Saturn is near it.