ACIM

  • sarah
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 24, 2005
      Mabel

      Chantel,

      Thanks for your interesting thoughts on ACIM. I have done the one year of readings back in 1996, when I started to move away from New Age/Eastern paths towards Christianity. It was a year of a lot of change and growth for me (not directly connected to ACIM) but I cannot remember much of the content! Rather than fatalism, I do remember I got a sense of peace from it. Is that the same as fatalism? LOL I tend to be a bit too much of a striver and a fighter. ACIM helped me let go a lot.

      Sarah
      Waldorf Doll Making DVD - NOW AVAILABLE!
      e-Patterns, Dolls and More;
      www.sarahs-dolls.com

    • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 24, 2005
        I can see how you'd think that fatalism would give you peace.  Fatalism is accepting events.  The hurricane or having AIDS for example is accepting that "it" was meant to be...  Predetermined by some force or power that predominates all events.  The final outcome so to speak was just well "meant to be."  Fatalism is the belief that all events are predetermined by fate.  This is what the greek philosophers concluded in their philos-ophy because they were of the intellectual soul age.  Descartes and back to Hereclitus had remarkable new wise teachings and  for example are still revered within their own but could not conceive of the consciousness soul that envelopes all.  Back in Greece and the mystery schools for example the philosophers were thrown aside by the townspeople because it wasn't practical.  The same story lives on today in our consciousness soul so many of the people toss it aside because it isn't practical and or it doesn't fit into their materialistic universal world view.  Too much practical schooling is needed currently.  So many today seek all this schooling (master's degrees to Ph.d's) so they can serve a good strong purpose in our world today.  And where would we be without them?  BUT....at what price?  Our society suffers at the hands of our own intellectual soul.  To continue on how does the consciousness soul out grow fatalism?

        "Whatever you believe you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic to it." ~Goethe~
      • Kathy Landes
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 24, 2005
          Mabel

          ACIM is about forgiveness and love and has helped in a time when I needed it most. I come to this group hoping to find objectivity, not hell and brimstone judgment!

          I enjoy Dr. Steiner’s work because he explains spiritual principles in a scientific manner. For example, the Buddhist have a teaching about with happens after death. Steiner is able to express the principle more in dept and in a way that a one from a western culture can better understand

          It is my hope to gain insights from the more experienced members this group.

          Some of his work is difficult to understand and not for everyone. Truth is spoken in many different ways. I don’t think God gave a license on any one person or group.

          So please…..can we continue discussing the brilliant work’s of Steiner instead of hell and brimstone?

          Thanks,

          Kat

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 24, 2005
            Hell and brimstone?  Go right ahead everybody has to find truth on their own...  Nobody can do it for you.  I am not saying truth isn't found in many places.  I am speaking of my own personal experience with it and I don't judge but try to use the best of my own intution and the guidance I receive from spiritual science.  I in no way claim any fundamentalism here plaaaaalease.  Gain your own expertise before you start attacking my words.  And if you want experience get some of your own.

            "Whatever you believe you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic to it." ~Goethe~
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 25, 2005
              In a message dated 9/24/2005 9:23:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Cheeseandsalsa@... writes:

              Hell and brimstone?  Go right ahead everybody has to find truth on their own...  Nobody can do it for you.  I am not saying truth isn't found in many places.  I am speaking of my own personal experience with it and I don't judge but try to use the best of my own intution and the guidance I receive from spiritual science.  I in no way claim any fundamentalism here plaaaaalease.  Gain your own expertise before you start attacking my words.  And if you want experience get some of your own.

              "Whatever you believe you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic to it." ~Goethe~

              *******I didn't see any "hell and brimstone" in the critique of the Course In Miracles. Perhaps Kat was responding to your calling it "luciferic." She may not have understood that in anthroposophy, this simply means that the fallen angel who gave us human beings an exaggerated ego-sense, Lucifer, is influencing the "channelled" material---- like Seth, Ramtha, etc. His mark is that familiar Eastern "the-outer-world-is-only-an-illusion-pay-attention-only-to-your-inner-self" philosophy. This is true in a sense, like that you have to watch over your thinking and what it creates----that also is part of Steiner's path as outlined in Knowledge of the Higher Worlds----but when used in a one-sided way it only makes a person more egotistic. It certainly doesn't lead one to find a cure for cancer, develop a system of organic agriculture, or anything else that requires mastering the OUTER world, which after all is NOT an illusion and requires scientific thinking to conquer.

                 But for many people the CIM may be useful, depending on their position, just as old-fashioned "born-again" wildly emotional Christian religion may be what people need at their current level of development, even if they will ultimately outgrow it.

            • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 25, 2005
                In a message dated 9/25/2005 10:22:47 AM Central Standard Time, DoctorStarman@... writes:
[...]

                http://www.esotericlinks.com/egroupsearch
                I think I'll be sticking with my Michael school from now on.  This is my home and my love.

                "And until you truly have
                This ""dying and becoming,""
                You are but a troubled guest
                Roaming over the dark earth." ~Goethe
              • M.W.B.
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 26, 2005
                  I've heard about the Micheal school but do not know how to find info about it?  Do you know a web site, or group?

                  Mark

                  Cheeseandsalsa@... wrote:
[...]

                  "I don't want to make a living, I want to live." Oscar Wilde

                  Yahoo! for Good

                • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 26, 2005
                    AOL Email
                    The Michael school is anthroposophy in a way.   That some have gone through between our death and rebirth.  Through the spheres we stopped in and said hey, this is what we will do in our incarnation.  We will pick up this ancient stream and carry on C.R.'s and that of Steiner's work.  It isn't a huge population of people.  If you feel a strong sense of deep love and appreciation for Steiner's work you are among us.  If you feel impelled to study Anthroposophy and maybe represent her in some form you are among us.  There is some written about it in the introduction of "The Secret Stream" by Christopher Bamford I believe.  This is my understanding of it.