Hello and thanks

  • Sue
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 5, 2005
      Dear Group ...

      Hello, my name is Sue and I live in Brisbane, Australia. I have been a student of Anthroposophy
      for around 25 years and have searched without success, for a group of like minded people online
      ... maybe I have found you!

      I would like to thank the moderator for the heart warming sketches that filled my mail upon
      joining the group ... they are the very things that interest me as I am an artist and search high
      and low for anthroposophical sketches .. these however have eluded me. Thank you again .. they are
      much appreciated.

      I look forward to my association with the group.

      Peace and love ... Sue.

    • LilOleMissy
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 5, 2005
        Dear Sue,

        The group members are a great bunch and you'll find some outstanding Anthroposophical minds as well! It's good to hear of your appreciation for Dr. Starman's inclusion of sketches with the Soul Calendar verses and we're blessed to have such a moderator. It's great to have you with us and you'll find many very serious and deeply Anthroposophical students and thinkers. Sometimes the list is rather quiet, but everyone is always glad to ponder new thoughts, and while I seem to write far too much while knowing far less than most, you can be sure your sharing will be read, pondered and deeply appreciated! :)

        I wonder if you would mind very much sharing with us your thoughts on art, and I ask for a very selfish reason: I work primarily in watercolor creating absolute atrocities which have brought me to a point where I am considering Sumi-E, complete with ink stick, stone and ancient method. A very elderly native Japanese lady was kind enough to propel me [almost literally, too!] into this lovely medium, but I seem to have a strong impulse to return to pastels in Anthroposophical "thought forms", so to say,  as well as utilizing Goethe's "theories" on color! ACK!

        Welcome on board, Sue!

        Blessings,

        Sheila [clinging to the western edge of the US while you're clinging to the eastern edge of Australia!] :)

        Sue wrote:
        Dear Group ...

        Hello, my name is Sue and I live in Brisbane, Australia. I have been a student of Anthroposophy
        for around 25 years and have searched without success, for a group of like minded people online
        ... maybe I have found you!

        I would like to thank the moderator for the heart warming sketches that filled my mail upon
        joining the group ... they are the very things that interest me as I am an artist and search high
        and low for anthroposophical sketches .. these however have eluded me. Thank you again .. they are
        much appreciated.

        I look forward to my association with the group.

        Peace and love ... Sue.

      • sarah
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 6, 2005
          Mabel

          Hi Sue,
          Welcome to the group! I'm in Perth, Australia :-)

          Sheila, I can never see your postings as I am on digest and it says 'non displayable form'. So if you haven't already asked about the art work, then I would like to ask where we can view this artwork, as I haven't heard of it before.

          Thanks!

          Sarah
          Waldorf Doll Making DVD - NOW AVAILABLE!
          e-Patterns, Dolls and More;
          www.sarahs-dolls.com

        • LilOleMissy

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 17, 2005
              In a message dated 9/5/2005 10:30:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time, aquariusrises2001@... writes:

              Dear Group ...

              Hello, my name is Sue and I live in Brisbane, Australia. I have been a student of Anthroposophy
              for around 25 years and have searched without success, for a group of like minded people online
              ... maybe I have found you!

              I would like to thank the moderator for the heart warming sketches that filled my mail upon
              joining the group ... they are the very things that interest me as I am an artist and search high
              and low for anthroposophical sketches .. these however have eluded me. Thank you again .. they are
              much appreciated.

              I look forward to my association with the group.

              Peace and love ... Sue.

              *******Welcome to the group, Sue. Those drawings are the 12 modern zodiac images Steiner gave directions to an artist to make. You will see them in each month in the Calendar of the Soul weekly mailings.

                 This group is set to allow images to go through with the e-mails so that we can send images to each other. Mere words without pictures are Ahriman's domain. He hates art.

                 There is also a Files section where members can put documents or art to share with the group. You can find this from the group web site. When anyone places anything there the whole group is notified to go and have a look.

                 We also have a tradition of taking a book to study together online for the 12 Holy Nights, although it didn't go so well last year. Maybe this year we can start thinking about what we'd like to study earlier, like now.