Fwd: Tintagel

  • Sarah Ford Elliott
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2005
      Begin forwarded message:

      > From: Sarah Ford Elliott <sarahfe@...>
      > Date: 4 September 2005 07:45:18 IST
      > To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Tintagel
      >
      > Thanks for you comments. The details at the top of the typed lecture
      > are as follows:
      >
      > "Tintagel: A lecture by Rudolf Steiner
      > The Arthur, Michael and Grail streams, Haroun al Rachid, Bacon of
      > Verulam.
      >
      > London, 27th August 1924."
      >
      > Any more clues as to whether it has been published would be very
      > welcome.
      >
      > Yes, I am still following the list. Most of the time I am probably one
      > of the many people who observe the conversations that happen on the
      > list. I do not very often contribute. This is largely through lack of
      > time. I am just about to take Class 3 here at Raheen Wood Steiner
      > School in County Clare, Ireland. I am also Chair of the College of
      > Teachers this year. I find I spend a lot more time doing Anthroposophy
      > than talking about it these days. We have a lot to do to develop our
      > small but exciting community here. As well as the school and
      > everything that that involves, we have a study group following the
      > monthly meditations on the 12 Virtues. We have a labyrinth here in
      > Mountshannon where I live that is scale model of the one in Chartres
      > Cathedral. Just over into the waters of Lough Derg nearby lies Inis
      > Cealtra or Holy Island. This place has been a centre for learning,
      > international influences and "light" for many, many centuries. I am
      > sure that that is why the school and Anthroposophy, and many other
      > servers of the light here who are not connected with Anthroposophy,
      > have all made their way to this area.
      >
      > The school is also a centre for Teacher Training here in the Republic
      > of Ireland and next year we will be running an "Extra Lesson"
      > therapeutic training course.
      >
      > We are aiming, in the next 7 year phase of the school, which starts in
      > 2007, to begin to develop into an "All Age Campus".
      >
      > As school starts again on Tuesday I am entering into what Steiner
      > called the "fear and trembling". The sense of the great Karmic
      > implications of undertaking another year of teaching. So anyone who
      > can spare a prayer in my direction...! I ask the Hierarchies to give
      > us strength to be able to fulfill our Karmic responsibilities in this
      > place.
      >
      > Many thanks,
      > Sarah FE

    • Barbara Puky
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2005
        Dear Sarah,
        Sheila was right about this lecture being in "Karmic
        Relationships". By giving the date, I was able to track
        it down to GA 240 which is Volume VIII of the series
        and your lecture in particular is lecture VI but the
        lecture was given in London.
        The table of contents reads:

        VI
        The growth and development of Christianity in
        connection with the Anthroposophical Movement.
        Tintagel and the Mysteries of Hibernia. Christ as a
        Sun-Hero - the Arthur Stream. The Grail Stream -
        Christianity in the hearts of men. The Impulse of
        Michael.

        Hope this helps,
        Barbara