Re: [steiner] Re: etc

  • LilOleMissy
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 3, 2005
      Dr. Starman, bless you for bringing Spiritual Light back into our Steiner list! Those of you who know me realize New Orleans is my home town with, hopefully, what's left of my family intact. The Being Anthroposophia is a vitally clear window and Spiritual Force necessary to allow us to view not only a site for beautifully multicolored rather unearthly life-forms but also a"dark side of the mirror" in all occurances, so to say, and even though the devastated by Katrina area has long been an ideal haven for colorful historical figures such as Jean LaFitte, et al, it is now known to be heavily Al Quada infested irregardless of a specific background one has acquired for one's current incarnation. How ideal this enormous area is for any and/or all groups to hibernate beneath the toxic vapors of what was once loosely known as Evangeline country, unwanted by anyone, yet a critically positioned "gateway" in the War for Freedom plus survival of the free world, thus the raison d'etre for the "Battle of New Orleans", etc., but at present, primarily an important factor in the seemingly opportunistic Sorathian attacks following Natura's Fury as possibly seen in the supposedly mysterious fires consuming portions of the City. In so far as is possible to us, we must maintain alertness at all times while recognizing the deeply Spiritual workings of Lightness vs Darkness involved in such seeming "waste lands" and "accidental natural calamities" while attempting an alertness to all events, and especially so during these critical times.

      Blessings,

      Sheila

      Dr.Starman@... wrote:
      > ***I'd like to congratulate England on their new anti-terror
      > legislation.  They've been attacked once and already they're ten
      > years ahead of America in terms of coping with Islamic terrorism.
      > England, and Europe at large, took the following step.
      >
      > Racial Profiling.  It seems as if there's a common denominator in
      > terrorism:  race.  So far, men of Middle Eastern descent are the
      ones
      > responsible for the string of attacks in England, America, Spain
      and
      > Russia.  Irish nuns aren't blowing themselves up in railway
      > stations.  Neither are Chinese Buddhists, so why strip-search
      them?
      > Why should our women and children suffer the indignity of being
      > stripped naked before airport security, when we know they're not
      the
      > ones committing terror acts?  Random strip searches are an inept
      > attempt to catch terrorists, when resources and man power could be
      > more efficiently employed through racial profiling.  This is common
      > sense.

      ronningen@... writes:

      I love it when people claim racial profiling isn't a bad thing (in
      fact it's "common sense"!) when they aren't in the group proposed to
      be profiled.  No, I'm not of Middle Eastern descent either.
      Let me ask you a question though Mathew - if after Tim McVeigh and
      the Unabomber committed their acts it was proposed that all white
      males should be strip-searched since obviously all white males were
      suspect, how would you have felt?  Think that's appropriate?  Still
      think that calling for racial profiling is anything other than
      allowing your understandable concern about more terrorist attacks to
      lure you down the path into error?  The divisive forces are laughing,
      when we do their work for them so well.
      Have courage, and be the change you wish to see in the world.

      *******FIRST, SO MANY PEOPLE NEVER SEEM TO HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT ANTHROPOSOPHY HERE, BUT LET SOMEONE POST ANYTHING POLITICAL AND EVERYONE SEEMS TO COME OUT OF THE WOODWORK. SO, IF YOU HAVE TIME TO WRITE HERE, HOW ABOUT WRITING ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCES USING MANTRAS OR SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCES IN MEDITATION OR HOW YOU HAVE GAINED INSIGHT INTO THE ETHERIC OR ASTRAL BODIES OR INTO READING THE AKASHIC RECORDS OR THOUGHTS ABOUT WALDORF EDUCATION OR BIO-DYNAMIC AGRICULTURE OR ART OR ANYTHING RELATED TO STEINER? ;->

        INSTEAD I EXPECT A BRIEF REPLY MAKING EXCUSES WHY SUCH WILL NOT BE FORTHCOMING ---- AND/OR A LONG SILENCE.

         IT WOULD BE NICE IF THIS LIST WAS USED FOR WHAT IT'S FOR.

         POLITICAL DISCUSSION  SHEDS MUCH HEAT BUT LITTLE LIGHT.

         BUT, IN ADDITION, IN THE EXAMPLE TO HAND: TIM MCVEIGH AND THE UNABOMBER DID NOT BOMB AIRPLANES, OR HIJACK THEM TO KILL THOUSANDS IN A BLATANT, PUBLIC ATTACK ON WESTERN CIVILIZATION FROM A DARK-AGES RELIGIOUS FANATIC CULT THAT ADMITTED GUILT.

         I'D SAY THAT WHATEVER INTELLIGENCE IS AVAILABLE TO SAVE MORE AIR PASSENGERS IN THE FUTURE SHOULD BE USED. IN THIS CASE, BIN LADEN PUBLICLY ADMITTED HE PLANNED IT AND WHY, ALL THE BOMBERS WERE ARAB SUNNI MUSLIM MEN, AND A MANUAL FOR AL QAEDA WAS FOUND TELLING THEM HOW TO BLEND IN SO AS TO BE ABLE TO KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE----I.E., NOT WEAR BEARDS, ETC. THIS IS TRULY A NO-BRAINER.

         COMMON SENSE IS NOT ILLEGALYET. I'D SAY THAT, TO CITE THE EXAMPLES OF A MERE 2 HOME-GROWN ALIENATED KILLERS OUT OF A WHOLE GENERATION OF AMERICANS AS A REASON NOT TO WATCH FOR POSSIBLE MEMBERS OF A FOREIGN RELIGIOUS CULT OPENLY DEDICATED TO OUR DEATH, SEEMS  PREETY NONSENSICAL TO ME. POLITICAL BIAS OBSCURES CLEAR THINKING IN THIS CASE, I'D SAY, LIKE IN THE CASE A FEW YEARS AGO OF THE FLORIDA MERCHANT WHO PUT ELECTRONIC TAGS ON THE ITEMS MOST COMMONLY SHOPLIFTED IN HIS STORE AND THEN WAS ACCUSED OF "RACISM" BECAUSE IT JUST SO HAPPENED THAT THEY WERE ALL BLACK HAIR CARE ITEMS.

         REALITY TRUMPS IDEOLOGY, IN MY OPINION. AND THAT IDEOLOGY HAS NOTHING WHATEVER TO DO WITH STEINER OR ANTHROPOSOPHY. CHANGE OF SUBJECT, PLEASE?.

      -STARMAN

      http://www.DrStarman.com

      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 25, 2005
        1. Here is what I have against Scientology. Fundamentally it is
        selfish. Unlike most legitimate religions, Scientology is not based
        on a deity such as Christ, Buddha, or Krishna. It is based on
        manifesting, i.e. getting what you want from the universe: taking.
        Instead of forming a sacramental relationship with God---which is
        give and take---Scientology teaches the student how to manifest
        things in his/her life.

        But Scientology is not alone. Most New Age religions are based on
        selfishness. The principles of Scientology go hand and hand with the
        principles taught at The Unity School of Christianity and the Ramtha
        School of Enlightenment, both of which rely heavily on positive
        thinking. The purpose is to learn how to manifest power and
        prestige, not salvation.

        2. CORRECTION. Earlier I mistakenly wrote that I was a sixth
        generation pastor. That's hilarious! I'm a sixth generation Kansan,
        with pastors and ministers in my family tree. But I'm not a pastor.
        I was a bit ginned-up when I wrote that piece. Sorry.

        3. Hate, disgust, contempt are normal, positive, healthy reactions
        against evil and destruction---but they will not overcome Sorath
        permanently. Only wisdom, love and understanding overcomes'.

        4. There is a definite benefit to following a path that is not based
        on a Deity. You may enjoy reading philosophy, for instance. Or you
        may enjoy psychology. Above all you are unwilling at this time to
        form a sacramental relationship with God or Deity. What you want is
        knowledge, peace and understanding. That is good and fine. The path
        of knowledge will draw you to God in a natural and progressive
        manner.

        5. The desire for sacrifice and commitment is the beginning of The
        Work. Begin.

        6. Hate breeding hate is vileness. Love breeding hate is righteous
        indignation. One weakens while the other enflames. Revolutions glow
        with the fires of righteous indignation.

        7. A negative argument is not an argument that lacks evidence and
        proof. Although lack of evidence is a component to a negative
        argument, it is not what defines a negative argument. A negative
        argument is an approach toward proof. It assumes that something
        exists because you can't prove it doesn't.
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 7, 2005

          1.  Not many astronomers in Steiner's day believed that the Moon was once adjoined with the Earth; in the early 1900s, astronomers generally felt that the Moon was captured by Earth's gravitational field.  Where as, in the modern age, the majority of astronomers would now agree with Steiner's outrageous vision.  For the Earth to have captured a moon from the Early Universe would have been very possible indeed, but not very probable.  Extraordinary circumstances must prevail in order to capture any astronomical object, let alone set that object within a bound orbit.  Scientific analysis of the moon's overall composition further substantiate the Moon-Earth hypothesis; tests prove that the Moon's composition is very similar (in astronomical terms) to the Earth's outer layers; the Moon has no magnetic core, but the Earth does.  The Moon pulled away from the Earth while the two were still very young, hot, accreting spheres of loosely bound material.  Tremendous spiritual Powers were involved in this separation; for it did not occur mechanically.  The creation of an inhabitable Earth was the work of divine intelligences willing Earth into existence, using infinitely subtle forces to gently extract necessary elements from the Earth's outer core:  capitalizing on the gigantic magnetic field emitted by the slowly rotating Mass.

          >  >

          2.  A poem, untitled.

          >  >

          The Old Earth is silently sleeping,

                      the void alight with her glow.

          Her globe a circle of gems blinking

          yellows, greens and golds.

          >  >

          >  >

          3.  People should consider reading Colin Wilson's "Spider World," if they have any free time this weekend and want to curl up with a good book; this science fiction series is especially appropriate after our discussions in the past week concerning "spiders." "Spider World" takes place in the far future, after a world catastrophe almost totally eradicates the human population.  The few humans that are left on the earth are kept as slaves, not by fellow human, but by a population of giant spiders which rule the earth through their awesome mind powers.  The spiders seem unconquerable until the hero of the story, Niall, discovers a way of thinking that is unaffected by spider's icy intelligence.  What he learns is essentially "thought-free" thinking---thinking devoid of abstraction.

          >  >

          >  >

          >  >

          Mathew Morrell

          www.kcpost.net

        • Lee A.
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 8, 2005
            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 8, 2005
              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 8, 2005
              • Lee A.
                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 8, 2005

                  It is interesting to note in the lecture on Materialism and the Task of Anthroposophy that the spidery creatures or beings described are not necessary the result of technological development per se but from the continuation of our present thinking patterns and shallow materialistic perceptions of nature. It would make sense that that the thoughts associated with video games, the Internet, etc. could contribute to this. Another image that seems interesting to contemplate is that electrical patterns of all sorts are not just random impulses of electro-magnetism but are organized wave carriers of bits of "information" . These binary or digital wave pulses have a certain organized pattern which reflects the intelligence of the users.. One could speculate that these digital forms could become the bodily energy forms of other beings seeking to interface with the earth. Yet, this is not implied in this article by Steiner.

                  In addition,  RS strongly implies (in this lecture) that the moon will reunite with the earth in several thousand years . This is too incredible to contemplate and is another reason that outsiders point to AP being filled with fantasy and abstract claims of its own well!. How such an event could PHYSICALLY take place is hard to imagine in the near futrue. Obvious widespread destruction of the earth would occur and be hardly inhabitable by whoever is left over. Unless the moon changes physically into some other form of substance, this is a an event that needs extensive explanation.

                  . Any suggestions?

                  Lee

                  Message 8 of 21 , Jan 27, 2006
                    **If Jesus Christ were placed in a parallel universe, where good is
                    bad and bad is good, he would become the opposite of his former self,
                    right?

                    And, if Jesus was wholly good we would expect Jesus to become the
                    antithesis of goodness in the parallel universe. We would expect him
                    to become wholly evil.

                    Is it possible, however, to envision a Christ whose shadow-self isn't
                    evil, whose essence is undivided by religious dualism, a Christ
                    beyond good and evil?

                    How would such a Christ be explained?

                    **The New Age father feels as though it is his responsibility to play
                    with his child, moreover be his child's playmate. In itself this is
                    not bad. Playful activity is a way to bond with the child. But all
                    too often we see the parent, usually the father, taking play-time to
                    an extreme, to the point wherein the father begins to relate to the
                    child, not as an adult, not as a guardian, or not as a parent, but as
                    a child. In essence he reverts to an unbalanced state of mind in
                    order to stimulate the child during their playful activity; but in
                    the process, sacrifices his own masculine self identity for an
                    identity that is emotionally unstable---manic. At one moment the
                    father is gleeful while playing with the child, but the next moment
                    sullen and depressed. Gradually he depletes his vitality and falls
                    into an unhealthy frame of mind that becomes very intolerant of the
                    child's youthful enthusiasm. Child abuse occurs during the "down"
                    periods.

                    The New Age man should not be left alone with children.
                    Message 9 of 21 , Feb 2, 2006
                      **Learning the Hendrix tune, "Little Wing," or rather the
                      instrumental version. Luckily my cat is deaf. It is a difficult
                      piece, made all the more difficult by the fact that I'm playing it on
                      a classical guitar. My intention is to "redeem" the song somehow, as
                      Stevie Ray Vaughan had redeemed it: by enlightening any unconscious
                      space within the song that contains muddle, darkness, or meaningless
                      phrases. Not many, I assure you. Constantly I am in I awe of the
                      great surges of genius that erupt through the primeval cord
                      structures that form the interweaving structure of the song, surges
                      that express an element that I can only describe as sublime
                      suffering, or even agony, but an agony that is willingly and loving
                      endured. On the other side of the agony is the Little Wing, the
                      eternal feminine.

                      **Reading Steiner's work "Isis Mary Sophia: Her Mission and Ours."
                      The initiate must willingly endure the "sacrifices of the spirit" in
                      order to spiritualize his astral body, which is his imagination. The
                      suffering he endures is the stripping away of desires rooted in
                      materialism. He must strip his carnal appetites in order that the
                      etheric body may receive the purified impulses of the astral body,
                      which is the Virgin. Then and only then can he receive the Holy
                      Spirit.

                      **We are nearing the time of the year when we customarily renounce
                      some vice we have. We are nearing Lent. If you are a stranger to
                      the joys of renunciation, why not surrender your self this
                      year? "The cleansed, purified astral body, which bears within it at
                      the moment of illumination none of the impure impressions of the
                      physical world. but only the organs of perception of the spiritual
                      world, is called in esoteric Christianity "the pure, chaste, wise
                      Virgin Sophia." ---RS "Isis Mary Sophia", P.73.

                      Mathew Morrell
                      www.kcpost.net
                      "Never trust anyone whose spirituality does not include laughter" --
                      Meister Eckhardt
                      Message 10 of 21 , Feb 11, 2006
                        **Yes there's sleep in the afterlife, at least I hope there is. I
                        can't sing praise to God 24-7, like the God-channel on cable. I'm
                        not a Chinese immigrant convenience store manager. Some of us need a
                        break every once in a while, no matter if I'm in heaven or on Earth.
                        Even the most pious of us---Tammy Fay Baker included---need oblivion
                        now and then, voideness, to dream the dream of nothing. Do you
                        expect God's Holy Choir to sing and sing and sing, without
                        intermission, for eternity? Steiner writes in "Secrets of the
                        Threshold", Pg 83: "After one has lived for a time in the [elemental
                        world], one feels the need within oneself to [sleep]." [my
                        parenthesis]

                        **We don't need to speak-out for Good Jesus. Good Jesus is spoken
                        for. Every major thinker in the last 150 years---CG Jung, Colin
                        Wilson, Nietzsche, Tolstoy, Buck Minster Fuller, the midget from
                        Fantasy Island---rejects or embraces Jesus on the basis that he is
                        super duper good. Well, I say we stand for a different type of
                        Jesus---the non-super-duper Jesus, the Jesus of impulse and
                        irrationality, the Jesus of evolution and I'AM, the Jesus of the
                        Bible. The super-duper-good Jesus is in South Park, CO. He's a talk
                        show host, wears sandals and talks like a hippie. The problem is,
                        super-duper-good hippies are good for nothing. "Hippies suck,"---
                        Cartman

                        **Matthew 19:17

                        Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
                        Message 11 of 21 , Feb 26, 2006
                          ** In her sleep my cousin speaks discernible sentences. This would
                          not be significant, if not for the fact that my cousin is severely
                          mentally retarded and has never spoken a discernible sentence while
                          awake. In her sleep, mental impulses bypass the damaged portion of
                          her physical brain and she is able to talk in a state of sleep,
                          detached from her physical body. Her ability to think "outside" her
                          brain, proves the ancients right: Our mind's exist around our
                          bodies, not within the physical brain, but rather in the auras that
                          surround us. The physical brain is merely a receiver of sort that
                          organizes, assembles and programs thought on the physical level.

                          ** In Matthew 5:38, during his Sermon on the Mount, Jesus encourages
                          us to transcend our old concepts of morality and justice, to love thy
                          enemy and turn the other cheek, instead of seek vengeance. A major
                          New York art gallery shows an exhibit that includes a crucifix
                          standing in a jar of urine---and we turn the other cheek. An artist
                          spreads elephant dung on the Virgin Mary within the same gallery---
                          and we seek not vengeance. This exhibition is financed by the
                          National Endowment for the Arts, with our tax dollars, and we turn
                          the other cheek. Our Lord is blasphemed day by day, year by year,
                          with great vindictiveness and hatred. "But I say unto you, That ye
                          resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek,
                          turn to him the other also." [Matt 5:39.]

                          ** In contrast the Old Testament preaches an "eye for an eye." If a
                          man removes your eye, his eye shall be removed. It does not say,
                          remove both his eyes and kill his family if he removed one of your
                          eyes. It says, an eye for an eye. Therefore this edict is just,
                          because it stresses equality.

                          ** True Islam, the one taught by Mohammed, teaches the Old
                          Testament "eye for an eye" justice.

                          "And (as for) those who have earned evil, the punishment of an evil
                          is the like of itÂ…" --Koran, Surah X: 27

                          Outstanding tortures and mass slaughters are only justified under the
                          laws of Jihad, when Mohammed's "eye for an eye" is no longer
                          relevant. A whole other set of retribution laws are set aside for
                          non-Muslims during times of war; leaders of radical Islam take
                          advantage of the laws of Jihad to justify their tribalistic forms of
                          retribution and torture. Simply plucking out an infidels eye,
                          because he has plucked yours out, is not enough for "the tribe"; the
                          offender's family is massacred and the offender tortured and killed.
                          The morality of tribalism is extremely dangerous and, like a poison,
                          has expanded over much of Africa and the Middle East, through
                          Wahhabism. So far the West has experienced the horror of tribalism
                          only in its urban pockets, where tribalism takes the form of race
                          affiliated gangs, i.e. the Bloods and the Crips, or the Hells
                          Angels.

                          ** Christ says turn the other cheek, if one strikes you. But he
                          doesn't say turn the other cheek if your enemy rapes your wife, or
                          threatens your nation with destruction, or tries to decapite you if
                          you don't kneel on a prayer mat facing Mecca. Be wise as a serpent,
                          gentle as a dove.
                          Message 12 of 21 , Jun 1, 2006
                            ** I meant for my last post to be sent off list, but must have
                            clicked the wrong button. Therefore the post was mailed to
                            everyone. This time I'll be more concise.

                            MY TWO CENTS was correct interpreting my work "A Ride in the Country"
                            as being "trusting innocence" versus "cunning pure evil." That is the
                            root meaning to this story, in which a veteran of the gulf war
                            (trusting innocence) encounters a sociopathic derelict (cunning
                            evil). The two are riding on a railroad train crossing the Kansas
                            prairie. The soldier is unable to get off the train (the war on
                            terror) because of its relentless pace through the countryside. The
                            solider is trapped. For hours on end he must relate on human terms
                            with a sociopath who is subtly trying to destroy him
                            psychologically. This story is a microcosm of the Iraq War that
                            entered my consciousness in the form of a picture.

                            ** I never said I was anything but a "new ager." I was raised in a
                            new age church (Unity). I read new age literature growing up; my
                            parents are both die hard liberal new age Clintonites; I dropped out
                            of society at 18 and lived in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains
                            for five years, worked construction simultaneous with attending new
                            age retreats at JZ Knight's Ancient School Of Wisdom. I've never set
                            foot in an orthodox Christian or an evangelical church in my entire
                            life. I don't even know what they smell like, nor do I care. The
                            reason I attack "the New Age" is because I know it from the inside
                            out. I am both their greatest defender and their most aggressive
                            attacker. I am the Shiva of the New Age.

                            Mathew Morrell
                            www.kcpost.net
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jun 1, 2006
                              ** I meant for my last post to be sent off list, but must have
                              clicked the wrong button. Therefore the post was mailed to
                              everyone. This time I'll be more concise.

                              MY TWO CENTS was correct interpreting my work "A Ride in the Country"
                              as being "trusting innocence" versus "cunning pure evil." That is the
                              root meaning to this story, in which a veteran of the gulf war
                              (trusting innocence) encounters a sociopathic derelict (cunning
                              evil). The two are riding on a railroad train crossing the Kansas
                              prairie. The soldier is unable to get off the train (the war on
                              terror) because of its relentless pace through the countryside. The
                              soldier is trapped. For hours on end he must relate on human terms

                              Message 14 of 21 , Aug 12, 2006
                                ** The video store down the block didn't carry any Fu Manchu
                                movies. I had to buy them elsewhere. They should arrive in a week
                                or two. Until then....

                                ** In essence the cultist lives in a fantasy world, or rather a
                                shared fantasy in which more than one person is collectively
                                involved. In the case of RSE, you have thousands: a whole community
                                believing that they're master is an ascended god, and that the
                                information that they receive from the Ranch is Top Secret.
                                Collective illusion-making is a fascinating dynamic of a cult, RSE
                                included; the delusions aren't lived by a single individual. The
                                illusions are reinforced by the community. When you have thousands
                                of people all forced into thinking the same thought and feeling the
                                same emotions that creates a very powerful dynamic, a group soul.
                                Although powerful, it hinders individuation of the ego, stunts
                                personal growth, and makes having an ego wholly un-necessary.
                                Thinking, willing and feeling is taken over by a collective
                                organization of souls bound together by a thread of like-mindedness.
                                The ego is absolved of the responsibility of having to think for
                                itself; in effect, submerges into un-conscious state highly
                                susceptible to brainwashing techniques. The "cultist" becomes, in
                                Tomberg terms, a herd animal, "negating all that is individual and
                                aristocratic in favor of devoting oneself all-the-more-strongly to a
                                pride that is sub-individual and collectivized."

                                ** Again, the objective of Ramtha's School of Enlightenment is to
                                ensnare people in fantasy; or to be more exact, ensnare them in a
                                philosophy in which fantasy supplants objective truth as the basis
                                of reality. In JZs philosophy, there is no truth, nor objective
                                reality. There are only individual realities based on a person's
                                subjective understanding. Therefore fantasy is reality; a sort of
                                Eighth Sphere in which the soul is unable to differentiate between
                                what belongs to reality and what is merely thought.

                                The word Eight Sphere is an old occult term from the nineteenth
                                century. Today we might use the term "virtual reality" to describe
                                the type of realm that the RSE student aims for in his/her spiritual
                                practices. Their aim is not to live according to divine principles,
                                after all. It is to give substantiality and dimension to fantasies;
                                it is to exist on a plane of being where their own personal desires
                                manifest themselves without limit; it is to replace a world based on
                                divine principles with a world in which their subjective thoughts
                                may achieve instantaneous gratification; where they live as if in a
                                dream, without pain or suffering and without karmic atonement; where
                                they may live eternally in the illusion of their own making.
                                Ultimately, the purpose of the Eighth Sphere is to exist in a
                                reality based on egotistical desires, where egotism reaches its
                                fullest possible manifestation. Here man is subjected to the hell
                                of his own egotism.
                                Message 15 of 21 , Sep 13, 2006
                                  **A fellow wrote me regarding last month's post on the mechanical
                                  nature of thought. His email was well-thought-out and provided
                                  corrections and insights into what I had written on the subject.
                                  Hopefully he won't get mad if I post a portion of his email:

                                  "I fully concur with Matthew's reference to the mechanical nature of
                                  everyday thought. That's what the first "subsidiary exercise" (the
                                  first of the foundation practices for spiritual development given by
                                  Steiner) is about. You get a very precise sense of thought having a
                                  self-spinning, automatic life when you try to hold onto a logical
                                  train of newly-generated thinking around an every day object.
                                  Steiner also refers to the tendency of the head to become animal
                                  similarly. Unless I misread the Philosophy entirely, the moment of
                                  intuition, when thinking & concept become one is an expression of
                                  genuine spiritual
                                  activity. Reflective thought of the every day kind has the same
                                  relationship to the reality of thinking as a photograph to that
                                  which it "captures". Hence Steiner's often repeated criticism of
                                  Descartes' "Cogito ergo sum" because in thinking there lives not the
                                  sum (being), but the non-sum (non-being). So in order to think, our
                                  materiality has to die, & in knowing the thought (retrospective to
                                  the act of thinking itself) the spiritually resistent material self
                                  has to be recreated. I hope that's of some help - if I haven't got
                                  it wrong?"

                                  **Since the death of that Australian dude by the stingray we've
                                  heard a lot of speculation on the psychology of animal attacks. Why
                                  do they do it? One theory goes that animals only attack humans when
                                  the animal sees the human as a fellow animal; but if the animal
                                  handler approaches an animal with "tzelem Elokim" ---the Image of
                                  G'd"---the animal won't attack; it will subject itself in
                                  obedience. The animal may strike out against the handler, but only
                                  as a defensive measure: as a way of communicating its feelings and
                                  establishing bounds.

                                  Perhaps that's overly idealistic, I don't know. I have only a
                                  limited experience interacting with animals through the years---just
                                  horses (ferrier work), Llamas (cleaning), outdoor encounters with
                                  wild animals, fishing, hunting (in my early years, I don't hunt
                                  anymore), and taking care of my own pets. Certainly I've been
                                  exposed to men who could be considered master animal handlers.
                                  Although they weren't necessarily godly in their personal life, in
                                  their professional life, working with animals, they were masterful:
                                  in the "tzelem Elokim." To work successfully with animals it is
                                  advantageous to be purified of the crude animal configurations which
                                  project from the astral body.

                                  The unprovoked animal attack is exceptionally rare and arises, I
                                  believe, out of a breakdown in the man-animal relationship. A
                                  reversal occurs. The experience is terrifying because even the most
                                  seemingly harmless animal is capable of producing extreme damage to
                                  an un-armed human. When I was a child, a buck tried killing a man
                                  near my grandparent's farm in Winfield, KS during mating season.
                                  The man had to wrestle the buck into a farm pond, where he drowned
                                  the buck, or else the buck would have continued gouging him with his
                                  horns; it was like being stabbed repeatedly in the chest.
                                  Message 16 of 21 , May 6, 2007

                                    *  We should probably be careful when attaching the word energy to Etheric, since it would be easy to associate etheric energy with other types of energy, such as magnetic energy, which operates freely and explicitly of the mind; when it is not this kind of energy at all.  Etheric energy isn't energy in the Newtonian sense of the word.  You can't package Etheric energy into fragmented mathematic symbols the way you would the forces represented by the Conservation of Energy Theorem.  We can, however, mathematically quantify kinetic energy or potential energy or rotational momentum and squeeze them into the CE Theorem (mgh + 1/2mvsquare + 1/2Iwsquare =  mgh + 1/2mvsquare + 1/2Iwsquare).

                                    *  Lately I've been devoting much of my reading time to the study of viruses.  From a spiritual science perspective, they are astonishing little creatures.  Viruses seem to have no soul of their own and look oddly "empty" inside under a telescope, having few internal structures other than strands of DNA which they ghoulishly inject into host cells.  Technically, viruses are obligate intracellular parasites.  They occupy a foggy gray zone between life and nonlife in the sense that they're biologically inert; they cannot replicate themselves through meiosis or mitosis, and cannot generate their own energy, ATP (andosine triphosphate).  They're creepy, skeletal, almost spider-like forms that float around the body seeking life, which they themselves apparently do no possess.    Here is a link to a Web page showing a picture of the bacteriophage T4 virus.  Check it out.

                                    http://www.tulane.edu/~dmsander/Big_Virology/BVDNAmyo.html

                                    *  My French courses in high school might come in handy, after all.  Viva la Nicolas Sarkozy!  This is a person who knows where liberalism and socialism has taken The West---into the ABYSS.  Let's see if we can climb out.