Re: [steiner] Eighth Sphere

  • LilOleMissy
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 22, 2005
      vindexeuropa wrote:
      Steiner spoke very seriously on the subject of the Eighth Sphere on a
      few occasions, especially in the lecture series entitled Occult History
      in the 19th Century.  I have been attempting to comprehend what exactly
      this 8th Sphere is.  I would very much like to hear some ideas.
      thanks.

      Dear vindexeuropa,

      While I am unable to give an answer, it seems to me Steiner spoke of this 8th sphere in his early lectures "At the Gates of Spiritual Science". It seems to me, also, somewhere he may have indicated it was the so-called "inner core" of the earth planet, and that earthquakes were derived from this 8th sphere, originating from the passions of mankind.  In another reference, I seem to recall Steiner comparing it to the beginning of the level Virgil accompanies one at the beginning of the journey through Hades [or perhaps Hell], which is described so vividly in Dante's "Divine Comedy", book I, "Hell".  I so hope to be corrected should I be in any error here.

      Blessings,

      Sheila
    • Hithcalen
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 5, 2005
        As ST sayd it, and as it is referenced by Theosophy, and anthroposophy, it mean that after the seven times of the planatary incarnations there will still a part of this spiritual experience that cant be transform into a total spiritual plan (if one may speek like that).
        This will be the 8th sphere.

        http://mail.yahoo.com