The Ahrimanic Trinity

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 22 9:05 PM
      Arabism has penetrated secular Western culture through three streams of
      thought, Marxism, Darwinism, and Freudianism, forming a kind of
      threefold trinity to replace the religious trinity leftover from the
      classical era. Politically, socially and scientifically, this Arabic
      trinity exerts far more influence over Western thought than Islam, and
      their adherents are just as zealous. They are the Muslims of the West--
      -who dominate academia and the teachers guild---whose task is too
      materialize the spirit of western culture, thereby freezing the
      influence of the Christ-impulse. The main vehicle of Arabism in the
      West is the New Left movement, the chief progenitors of Marxism,
      Darwinism and Freudian psychology, in our age. They are the power and
      the force of the Ahrimanic Trinity.
    • LilOleMissy
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 22 10:05 PM
        Mathew Morrell wrote:
        Arabism has penetrated secular Western culture through three streams of
        thought, Marxism, Darwinism, and Freudianism, forming a kind of
        threefold trinity to replace the religious trinity leftover from the
        classical era.  Politically, socially and scientifically, this Arabic
        trinity exerts far more influence over Western thought than Islam, and
        their adherents are just as zealous.  They are the Muslims of the West--
        -who dominate academia and the teachers guild---whose task is too
        materialize the spirit of western culture, thereby freezing the
        influence of the Christ-impulse.  The main vehicle of Arabism in the
        West is the New Left movement, the chief progenitors of Marxism,
        Darwinism and Freudian psychology, in our age.  They are the power and
        the force of the Ahrimanic Trinity.

        Mathew, good thoughts here! I'd just like to add it seems to me Steiner speaks of materialism [via Francis Bacon] having also been a by-product.

        Cheers!

        Sheila
      • Hithcalen
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 5, 2005
          Well I think it is important to consider how arabian culture influenced european culture by the way of translating first greek and aristotelic texts, and then to translate them from arabian to latin. I thank now this arabic contribution is well known, inst'it ?

          http://mail.yahoo.com

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 17, 2005
            tma4cbt@... writes:

            Arabism has penetrated secular Western culture through three streams of
            thought, Marxism, Darwinism, and Freudianism, forming a kind of
            threefold trinity to replace the religious trinity leftover from the
            classical era.  Politically, socially and scientifically, this Arabic
            trinity exerts far more influence over Western thought than Islam, and
            their adherents are just as zealous.  They are the Muslims of the West--
            -who dominate academia and the teachers guild---whose task is too
            materialize the spirit of western culture, thereby freezing the
            influence of the Christ-impulse.  The main vehicle of Arabism in the
            West is the New Left movement, the chief progenitors of Marxism,
            Darwinism and Freudian psychology, in our age.  They are the power and
            the force of the Ahrimanic Trinity.

            *******I agree completely; in fact, I did an article years ago about the Four Evangelists of the Modern "Gospel" of our atheist, materialist culture, in which I used those three plus Einstein with his Relativity as a representative for the doctrine of moral relativism.

               First convince people that everything (all truth and moral truths in particular) is just "relative" (and never let them think that for a thing to be relative it has to be between two or more REAL things, that things can't be gray without black and white), then tell them Man is just a more highly developed or clever animal (Darwin), then convince them that the idea that we are rational beings is illusory, that our conscious minds are really ruled by an unknowable sub-conscious (Freud). Then they're ready for the Gospel of Marx, that all history is those "irrational animals" exploiting each other viciously while pretending to be rational, and so the free market is an illusion & salvation is giving all power to the State.

               Is it any accident this modern "scientific" belief-system is drilled into us all in state-run public schools? Or that Steiner said we must get the government out of the schools?

          • John Massengale

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 18, 2005

[...]

                john@... writes:

                Why is this “Arabism”?

                *******Steiner talked a lot about how the heritage of the Christian religion and the Greek philosopers handed down through the Arabs (who plundered the Library of Alexandria to wind up with their writings), was subtly distorted by the Moslem commentators over the centuries to give, for example, Aristotle, the Old Testament creation story, etc., a wholly materialistic "spin" which would block people from truly understanding it all. He pointed out that these anti-Christian interpretations were contained in the writings when the Crusaders brought them back to the West and translated them into Latin, and that Thomas Aquinas was raised up to combat these Ahrimanic distortions which would have undermined the Christian religion and the development of the West.

                   So "Arabism" means nothing about the Arab people and hasn't for many centuries now, but rather refers to a materialistic understanding of the world communicated to us by Islamic distortions of Aristotle et al which have since been built upon by reincarnated Arabs like Francis Bacon to make a wholly pagan science which actually tries to prevent people from being able to have an experience of the Christ or anything else spiritual. That's how I understand his many references in many lectures about it.

              • Pierre Gringoire
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 18, 2005
                  Re: [steiner] The Ahrimanic Trinity
                  > The main vehicle of Arabism in the West is the New Left movement,
                  > the chief progenitors of Marxism, Darwinism and Freudian psychology,
                  > in our age.  They are the power and the force of the Ahrimanic Trinity.

                      In any discussion of 'Arabism' let us not omit one or two salient facts.

                      I think I have come across at least half-a-dozen references to the Eighth Ecumenical Council of 869 in the Steiner lectures I have read.  Steiner repeatedly drew attention to it, stating that its significance should not be underestimated (particularly by Anthroposophists).  It was during this council that the Catholic Church decreed that all mention of the 'spirit' in relation to human nature should be considered heretical; the human being must be regarded as consisting of body and soul only.  All teaching of what the 'spirit' is, what it means, what it represents, was to be excluded from further discussion.

                       There will no doubt have been some Anthroposophist at the time who thought that Steiner was making no more than an obscure theological point.  Not so.  It was Steiner's teaching regarding the meaning of the 'spirit' in relation to human nature that led to Anthroposophy being banned by the Catholic Church.  Absolution was withheld from any Catholic who dared to read even a single page of Anthroposophy.  Extraordinary!!  Imagine it; a so-called 'Christian' organisation preventing its billion members from finding that which is most necessary in the modern age to understand the Mystery of Golgotha.  In some respects the Catholic Church did Anthroposophy a favour by performing this deed, because after this it was no longer possible for people to deceive themselves about the true nature of the Catholic Church.

                       So what was behind this momentous decision which had its foundation in Constantinople in 869?  None other than that opponent who gave rise to what Steiner called 'Arabism', which was intended to spread from Jundi Sabur (Gondishapaur) into the rest of the Arab world and beyond.

                       Even today the same impulse still expresses itself through the vehicle of the Catholic Church.  Joseph Ratzinger's condemnation of the 'ego' on the eve of becoming Pope Benedict XVI was highly telling.

                • LilOleMissy
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 18, 2005

                    john@... writes:

[...]

                    Dear Group,

                    It had been a very long time since I'd read the chapter Sue so kindly pointed out to us: Chapter VI of Steiner's  "Karmic Relationships" Vol. VIII. I read it today and then went into my back yard's unusually early autumnal sunshine to ponder. As Dr. Starman so rightly points out above, there are many references in many lectures about Arabism, but I had "forgotten" the particular innuendoes presented in what I tried to understand today. How could I have ever overlooked the enormous depth of this very point plus how The Christ enters so directly into this whole with the 8th Ecumental Conference at Constantinople [now Istanbul] of 869 A.D.?! Because I wasn't ready earlier for these vast sweeps of reality in such depth and breadth! I wonder if there is sufficient interest to type this one lecture for placement in the Group's FILE section? I would be glad to share with those who haven't this lecture.

                    Blessings,

                    Sheila
                  • social_artist
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 22, 2005
                      It is especially deceiving that there is much truth in Darwin's
                      theories, which go a long way to describing the results of evolution
                      but shed little light upon the higher reasoning behind them, at
                      least in my limited experience.

                      I have been pondering the catchphrase "intelligent design"
                      recently. I find it interesting that those who claim to be of hard
                      scientific mind vehemently oppose the notion of an intelligent
                      designer. They use as proof this experiment or that to show how
                      various amino acids and components of the manifest physicality of
                      life can occur "spontaneously" under various conditions in a
                      controlled laboratory environment. Amid the mountains of research
                      in this vein, very little to no mention has been made of the fact
                      that these results would not have been obtained without the
                      intervention of an intelligent designer, which of course is the
                      scientist conducting the experiment. It is a case of the
                      intelligent designer denying the intelligent design.

                      It is common for Darwinists to see our physical relationship with
                      the world around us and draw parallels between our various organs of
                      digestion, perception, corporeality and so forth and point to such
                      phenomena as proof of the theory. However, there is arrogance in
                      those who refuse to acknowledge, in order to study, the relationship
                      of our higher faculties with those of other beings. Such people say
                      that since something can't be seen, it is an imagination that has no
                      tangible scientific reality. Alas, for such people,
                      such "invisible" truths cannot be seen because the people are
                      refusing to see them.

                      It doesn't help that some of those who are proponents
                      of "intelligent design" are attempting to forward the goals of a
                      form of religion that works to hold us to texts that were written
                      thousands of years ago and meant to speak to previous stages of
                      human evolution without further developing those ideas in order to
                      make them more appropriate for our times.

                      It seems the individual ego would not be properly developed without
                      these dichotomies vying for attention and urging us forward to hold
                      our positions within the sway.