Re: [steiner] Higher Consciousness Trance and Food

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 19, 2005
      -----Original Message-----
      From: LilOleMissy <lilolemissy@...>
      To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 02:40:01 -0700
      Subject: Re: [steiner] Higher Consciousness Trance and Food

      Dear Cherelle9,

      To the best of my knowledge, Rudolf Steiner never "promoted" such
      practices, and especially because his pathway is one of clear
      consciousness and wide awake control of oneself at all times. Off
      hand, it seems to me he speaks about some mechanisms underlying
      perhaps similar practices in the first chapter [I think?] of his
      "Human and Cosmic Metamorphosis".

      Blessings,

      Sheila

      On Aug 17, 2005, at 9:45 AM, cherelle9 wrote:

      > I have studied a fascinating book on Tibetan shamanism that lists
      > numerous Himalayan plants,reptiles, bird feathers, minerals...etc.
      > that
      > induce trance and allow the shaman to get information from spirit
      > entities after eating them.
      >
      > Did Steiner ever promote this method of raising consciousness, or
      > accessing other worlds?
      >
      > Thank you

      ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ To attain any glimpse of higher worlds by using some
      substance, be it hallucinogenic plants or whatever, makes a person
      dependent on the substance---- or more accurately, on the spirit-being
      behind the substance.

      I think I can say that Steiner not only did not recommend any such
      methods, but specifically warned against any such use. He also said, as
      one of our central tenets, that anything gained through trance states
      is so mixed up as to be worthless, that it is a survival of a former
      primitive way of clairvoyance working which will disappear in the
      future, and that we are meant to develop completely conscious ways of
      getting psychic ability which will replace these old "atavistic" or
      throwback forms.

      Forget all such promised "shortcuts." Shamans today are the blind
      leading the blind.