Shamanism

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 2005
      The study and practice of shamanism has much to offer, if you can
      manage to reject the strong drug component offered by shamanism.

      I practiced certain shamanistic dances in my twenties. One dance was
      a "hunting" dance. It was deer season in Washington State, and I
      created a moving, symbolic prayer, a dance, to align myself with nature
      spirits. On opening day I went out into the woods, armed with my
      Winchester 30.06. As if by magic an owl swooped down before me and
      went into the woods. I followed the owl. And, within 5 minutes, I
      encountered a great, big buck.

      I was thankful for the owl for showing me the way and for the buck for
      sacrificing his life. It was an honor. I was at one with nature. I
      gutted the buck in the woods. Because he was so big I had to walk
      home, get my roommate, Susan (a Ramtha student), and have her help me
      carry the deer carcass. The backstrap tasted fantastic, grilled over
      charcoal and hickory chips.

      Good shamans eat well.