Re: [steiner] Re: Suicide

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 15, 2005
      On Aug 14, 2005, at 9:31 AM, kathy wrote:

      > Thanks Sheila,
      >
      > My friend Ryan had been mentally ill for some time. He remained
      > mostly
      > in bed for the past year. I wish I could done more for him. We did
      > talk about spiritual things.
      > I have been trying to contact him, but all I see is murkiness. My
      > angel guide says he hovers near the earth and is coddled by angels.
      >
      > I have been doing some research on how to help a tormented soul and
      > found the book "Light Beyond The Darkness, The healing of a Suicide
      > Across the Threshold of Death."
      >
      > The book is based on Steiner and reading to the dead. The souls of
      > the
      > dead thirst for spirtual knowledge. I am setting the intention to
      > read
      > to him daily in order to help him make his transition.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Kat
      >
      > PS. I miss Starman
      >
      >  Today I will be reading from "An Outline of Esoteric Science, Sleep
      > and Death." Does anyone have any suggestions of other readings or
      > something that could enhance this practice?

      ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ Starman is not far away, and answers (from somewhere in Iceland):
        That is a good reading to start with, or the chapter on "The Soul In The Soul World after Death" in Steiner's basic book THEOSOPHY. After death we first review all the contents of the etheric body, which are experienced as pictures---- this is "your life flashing before your eyes" when you come close to death, when the process of death begins. This usually lasts 2-4 days.
      Then begins what Steiner, using the old Oriental name, called our time in Kamaloca. Here we experience all the feelings we had in the life just lived, but we feel them inside-out" or in other words the emotions that WE caused OTHERS to feel are now our "insides". And we also experience all the feelings for things which can only be satisfied on earth: food, other bodily pleasures.
      As a person slowly dies of old age, these feelings and desires usually die out gradually. but a young healthy person with lots of life forces has a very hard time here, because all the desires are still so very much alive, but he is now deprived of the body needed to satisfy them. This is true of any young healthy people who die.
      But in addition, a suicide wishes to obliterate consciousness, to find nothingness (as we imagine or wish death to be)---- but instead still has all the feelings due to which he deprived himself of his life, all his woes and yearnings, IN ADDITION to all the bodily wants which can no longer be satisfied. So their passage thru Kamaloca is difficult.
      As Sheila said, a ritual of reading to those who have crossed the threshold can help more than anything. You feel all your feelings for the person, then take any writing which has a spiritual content and read it, thinking about each word as you do so. This is "food" for souls on the other side.
      Steiner gives another way of communicating with them thru the dream state in this lecture online here:
      http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/DeadUs_index.html
      But first and foremost it is needed to KNOW the person does indeed still exist, though a veil may separate us at times.
      -starman

      <FONT COLOR="#000099">Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make
      Yahoo! your home page
      </FONT><A HREF="http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/wpWolB/TM"><B>Click
      Here!</B></A>

      Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at: