Re: Suicide

  • kathy
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 14 9:31 AM
      Thanks Sheila,

      My friend Ryan had been mentally ill for some time. He remained
      mostly
      in bed for the past year. I wish I could done more for him. We did
      talk about spiritual things.
      I have been trying to contact him, but all I see is murkiness. My
      angel guide says he hovers near the earth and is coddled by angels.

      I have been doing some research on how to help a tormented soul and
      found the book "Light Beyond The Darkness, The healing of a Suicide
      Across the Threshold of Death."

      The book is based on Steiner and reading to the dead. The souls of
      the
      dead thirst for spirtual knowledge. I am setting the intention to
      read
      to him daily in order to help him make his transition.

      Thanks,
      Kat

      PS. I miss Starman

      Today I will be reading from "An Outline of Esoteric Science, Sleep
      and Death." Does anyone have any suggestions of other readings or
      something that could enhance this practice?
    • LilOleMissy
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 14 5:16 PM
        Kat, bless you, Dear girl! You are helping Ryan enormously!!!!! It
        seems to me Steiner continuously emphasized the gift of "reading to
        the Dead", and that he specifically recommended "Life After Death and
        the Inner Nature of Man", Vienna - I think that may be 1911 OR 1913,
        but am not sure. I read to the dead, mentally seeing each face as I
        had seen it in life, and then when I "feel, in a sense" surrounded by
        friends, if that makes any sense, we begin. Somewhere Steiner
        mentions to the effect that the "dead" hunger for spiritual insights,
        and that by reading to them, we send them innumerable help!

        I'm still looking. My "library" is upstairs and I'm trying! :)

        Blessings,

        Sheila

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 15 1:35 AM
          Kat, I needed to correct my error of yesterday regarding the title of
          the book I mentioned. It is "The Inner Nature of Man and The Life
          Between Death and Rebirth". You are fulfilling a critical need for
          Ryan by reading to him--"somewhere" Steiner speaks of the darkness a
          suicide wanders through after death and how we can help show them a
          correct pathway into the "Light". It seems to me Steiner expresses it
          somewhat as follows: [paraphrased here very badly by me, I'm afraid]
          The soul who has entered into Kamaloka through suicide finds himself
          in the dark but through our very own thoughts directed towards him
          with love, we can help lead him towards the Light and those others he
          has known during life as well as those Spiritual Beings who guide us
          during our early sojourn through the backward journey and those areas
          he requires. Kat, it has always seemed to me we have the ability to
          reach those we have known and cared about in the physical world, and
          we can do so through our visualizing them as they were during earthly
          life as clearly as we can while giving them the soul-food they so
          desperately are searching for! I would hope to see some feedback here
          on this, and yes, I, too, miss Dr. Starman.

          "Somewhere" - I think in one of the Gospel works - Steiner speaks of
          Evil Beings inhabiting the soul of those who are of unsound mind - I
          think it is where he speaks of "casting out" Beings and how these
          evil Beings flee into the bodies of pigs. I feel those who are of
          unsound mind are possessed of Evil Beings. While I was in college
          learning medicine, I had to live in a large state mental hospital for
          the "insane" - I was shocked to find - sense, rather - what seemed to
          me an enormous presence of living beings other than the patients
          locked up in the room I had entered, and this sensation of a "large
          presence" regardless of how many of us were visible remained always
          in their presence. Naturally no one there had any explanation for my
          feeling this, and quite frankly I felt at the time some medical
          personnel wondered if something was wrong with me! I can't describe
          in words what I "felt" and even in private sessions with one other
          individual, I never felt she/he and I were alone. At the time I
          lacked Steiner's knowledge of these matters - I was never afraid,
          simply sensing a large presence I was unable to understand. Years
          later in medical work I found I sometimes could bring calm to a
          restless soul by directing my entire beings' thoughts of love, calm,
          hope and Spirituality toward that very person and it was something I
          felt unable to share with mainstream medical colleagues. Thankfully
          for the sake of remaining in my career it was a silent outwardly non-
          action I resorted to time and time again and continue to do so! It
          seems to me Steiner stressed over and over again the extreme
          importance of visualizing a person as clearly as possible and
          directing our thoughts to them as we read to them. Steiner mentions
          something to the effect t hat we bring untold help to those who are
          seeking it with desperate need.

          Blessings,

          Sheila

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 15 2:40 AM
            On Aug 14, 2005, at 9:31 AM, kathy wrote:

            > Thanks Sheila,
            >
            > My friend Ryan had been mentally ill for some time. He remained
            > mostly
            > in bed for the past year. I wish I could done more for him. We did
            > talk about spiritual things.
            > I have been trying to contact him, but all I see is murkiness. My
            > angel guide says he hovers near the earth and is coddled by angels.
            >
            > I have been doing some research on how to help a tormented soul and
            > found the book "Light Beyond The Darkness, The healing of a Suicide
            > Across the Threshold of Death."
            >
            > The book is based on Steiner and reading to the dead. The souls of
            > the
            > dead thirst for spirtual knowledge. I am setting the intention to
            > read
            > to him daily in order to help him make his transition.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Kat
            >
            > PS. I miss Starman
            >
            >  Today I will be reading from "An Outline of Esoteric Science, Sleep
            > and Death." Does anyone have any suggestions of other readings or
            > something that could enhance this practice?

            ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ Starman is not far away, and answers (from somewhere in Iceland):
              That is a good reading to start with, or the chapter on "The Soul In The Soul World after Death" in Steiner's basic book THEOSOPHY. After death we first review all the contents of the etheric body, which are experienced as pictures---- this is "your life flashing before your eyes" when you come close to death, when the process of death begins. This usually lasts 2-4 days.
            Then begins what Steiner, using the old Oriental name, called our time in Kamaloca. Here we experience all the feelings we had in the life just lived, but we feel them inside-out" or in other words the emotions that WE caused OTHERS to feel are now our "insides". And we also experience all the feelings for things which can only be satisfied on earth: food, other bodily pleasures.
            As a person slowly dies of old age, these feelings and desires usually die out gradually. but a young healthy person with lots of life forces has a very hard time here, because all the desires are still so very much alive, but he is now deprived of the body needed to satisfy them. This is true of any young healthy people who die.
            But in addition, a suicide wishes to obliterate consciousness, to find nothingness (as we imagine or wish death to be)---- but instead still has all the feelings due to which he deprived himself of his life, all his woes and yearnings, IN ADDITION to all the bodily wants which can no longer be satisfied. So their passage thru Kamaloca is difficult.
            As Sheila said, a ritual of reading to those who have crossed the threshold can help more than anything. You feel all your feelings for the person, then take any writing which has a spiritual content and read it, thinking about each word as you do so. This is "food" for souls on the other side.
            Steiner gives another way of communicating with them thru the dream state in this lecture online here:
            http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/DeadUs_index.html
            But first and foremost it is needed to KNOW the person does indeed still exist, though a veil may separate us at times.
            -starman

            <FONT COLOR="#000099">Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make
            Yahoo! your home page
            </FONT><A HREF="http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/wpWolB/TM"><B>Click
            Here!</B></A>

            Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at: