Soul-Calendar, Week 22 after Easter (Aug. 21-27)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4 9:55 AM
      *******I will be travelling in Europe for most of August and so am sending out the next 3 weeks of Soul-Calendars early.  - starman

      The Calendar of the Soul

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the "Soul-Calendar" restored to this complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LEO from August 4th through Sept. 7th  in our era. Here's the symbolic image of the LION from the original Soul-Calendar, done from sketches and indications of Steiner's, colored with the corresponding color:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 2 2  *
      Das Lichte aus Weltenweiten,
      Im Innern lebt es kräftig fort:
      Es wird zum Seelenlichte
      Und leuchtet in die Geistestiefen,
      Um Früchte zu entbinden,
      Die Menschenselbst aus Weltenselbst
      Im Zeitenlaufe reifen lassen.

      The Light out of World-Widths
      In my Inner lives as a continuing power;
      It turns into Soul-Light
      And shines in the Spirit's depths,
      The Fruit to unbind,
      That Man's Self out of World's Self
      In Time's course will allow to ripen.

          Last week, that which was received spiritually from the Summer Light and Warmth was felt as an ongoing power within releasing the fruit of its working, to evolve a Self out of the World-Self. This is because, at the time of change from Summer to Winter, we cease to be conscious of the external world and instead become conscious again of ourselves, as if awakening from a summer dream-state. Our Nature-Consciousness strives to become inner Self Consciousness, but at first we may feel fear due to no longer being able to lean on outer things for consciousness, which is why the symbol of the warrior Archangel Micha-El is placed before us at Michaelmas, summoning us to have courage, for we are not going to die as our summer nature-consciousness wanes, but rather wake up.
          This week's verse is the first appearance of Autumn dulling the senses' summer brilliance; but that which has been gained from the summer-experience now becomes our inner self-experience.

      Sunday,  August 21st.  Moon Aries. Sigismund.

      Monday,  August 22nd. Moon Aries.Capricorn.  Hippolytus, Christian teacher of the 3rd century.

      Tuesday,  August 23rd. Moon Taurus.  Claudius.

      Wednesday, August 24th. Moon Taurus. Barnabas, the companion of Paul.
                                                            Bartholomew, the Christian Apostle to India.

      Thursday, August 25th. Moon Taurus. Ludwig IX of France, the Crusader.
                                                                1900 Nietzche died.
                                                                1844 Herder born.

      Friday, August 26th. Moon Gemini. Last Quarter.  Samuel the Isarelite Priest.

      Saturday, August 27th. Moon Gemini.  1770 Hegel born.