Soul-Calendar Week 21 after Easter (Aug. 14-20)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2005
      *******I will be travelling in Europe for most of August and so am sending out the next 3 weeks of Soul-Calendars early.  - starman

      The Calendar of the Soul

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the "Soul-Calendar" restored to this complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LEO from August 4th through Sept. 7th  in our era. Here's the symbolic image of the LION from the original Soul-Calendar, done from sketches and indications of Steiner's, colored with the corresponding color:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 2 1  *
      Ich fühle fruchtend fremde Macht
      Sich stärkend mir mich selbst verleihn,
      Den Keim empfind ich reifend
      Und Ahnung lichtvoll weben
      Im Innern an der Selbstheit Macht.

      I feel bearing fruit a foreign Power
      Which strengthens me, my self to bestow,
      I sense the Seed ripening
      And a premonition of the light-filled weaving together
      Of my Innermost with this Selfhood's Might.

          Last week one felt one's self for the first time since 'losing' it (in the Summer light & warmth); but along with this was an acute sense that one would perish along with all one's creations if built from that self alone.
         This week, the spiritual 'seed' that was planted in the summer 'waking dream-state' reaches a stage of ripening where it may begin to bestow upon us a spiritual 'Self' instead; and we have a strong fore-sensing that this will in the near future be able to join with the deepest inner forces which the ordinary self would not be able to tap into.

      Sunday,  August 14th.  Moon Sagittarius. Eusebius.

      Monday,  August 15th. Moon Capricorn.  Mary's Ascension to Heaven.

      Tuesday,  August 16th. Moon Capricorn. 1743 the Chemist Lavoisier born.

      Wednesday, August 17th. Moon Aquarius. Augusta.

      Thursday, August 18th. Moon Aquarius. Joachim (Father of Maria).

      Friday, August 19th. Moon Pisces. Full Moon. 1662 Blaise Pascal died.

      Saturday, August 20th. Moon Pisces. 1854 the Philosopher Schelling died.