Soul-Calendar, Week 18 after Easter

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 25, 2005
      The Calendar of the Soul

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here is the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CANCER from July 21st through August 3rd in our era. Here's the symbolic image of the CRAB from the original Soul-Calendar, done by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from sketches and indications of Steiner's, later colored with the corresponding color by Margeret Roessler:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 1 8 *
      Kann ich die Seele weiten,
      Dass sie sich selbst verbinden
      Empfangnem Welten-Keimesworte?
      Ich ahne, dass ich Kraft muss finden
      Die Seele würdig zu gestalten
      Zum Geistes-Kleide sich zu bilden.

      Can I widen the Soul
      That she can connect herself
      To conceived World-Seed-Word?
      I sense that I must find the strength
      To worthily form the Soul
      To build into Clothing for the Spirit.

      A partial interpretation:
         The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of summer light
      and warmth; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are
      to find our "selves" again in the World-Self in the wintertime.

         This week we feel a fore-sensing of the need for more inner strength, to widen ourselves
      more, so as to take in that world that speaks to us through the senses' beauty
      (which we have been taking in to the soul's depths since the Summer began). The
      expanse of the world in its very essence is a seed planted within us by the Cosmic Word, like a conception which will lead to birth at Christmastime; and now we feel the need to form our Soul well enough to provide the outer garment for this spirit when it 'incarnates'.

      Sunday,  July 24th.  Moon Pisces.   Christiana.

      Monday,  July 25th. Moon Aries. St. Chistopher.

      Tuesday,  July 26th. Moon Aries.  Anna.

      Wednesday, July 27th. Moon Taurus. Last Quarter.  Martha.

      Thursday, July 28th. Moon Taurus. 1750 Johann Seb. Bach died. 1794 Robespierre executed.1804 Philosopher Ludwig Feuerbach born.

      Friday, July 29th. Moon Gemini. Simplicius. 1856 Robert Schumann died.

      Saturday, July 30th. Moon Gemini.  Ruth.

      Dr. Starman

      http://www.DrStarman.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2010
      • 1 Attachment
      • 27 KB

      Sent from the Goetheanum where I am attending the English Conference and the performance of the 4 Mystery Dramas. -starman

           The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                             ****** *
                  THE ZODIAC IMAGE
         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CANCER from July 21st to August 3rd in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the CRAB from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, green, is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 1 8 *

      Kann ich die Seele weiten,

      Dass sie sich selbst verbinden

      Empfangnem Welten-Keimesworte?

      Ich ahne, dass ich Kraft muss finden

      Die Seele würdig zu gestalten

      Zum Geistes-Kleide sich zu bilden.

      Can I the Soul widen

      That she herself can bind

      To conceived World-Seed-Word?

      I sense that I strength must find

      The Soul worthily to form

      To Spirit-Clothing to build itself.

      An interpretation based on working with the mantra:

          The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light
and warmth; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are
to find our "selves" again in the World-Self.

           This week we
feel a foresensing of the need for more inner strength, to widen ourselves
more so as to take in that world that speaks to us through the senses' beauty
(which we have been taking in to the soul's depths since Summer began). The
expanse of the world in its very essence is already a seed planted within us
by the Cosmic Word, like a conception which will lead to birth at Christmastime; we feel the need to form our Soul well enough to provide the
outer garment for this spirit when it 'incarnates'.

                                                            ***** ********* ********* *

                THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, August 1st Moon Aries.  Macabees. 1744 Natural Scientist Lamarck born.

      Monday, August 2nd.  Moon Taurus. Last Quarter. Hannibal. 1832 Olcott born.

      Tuesday, August 3rd. Moon Taurus. 1492 Start of the first Voyage of Columbus.

      Wednesday, August 4th. Moon Gemini.  Dominic (Founder of the Dominican Order). Josias, King of Judea. Josias, the Prophet. Tertullian. Aristarchus. 1792 the Poet Shelley born.

      Thursday, August 5th. Moon Gemini. 1396 Gutenberg born.

      Friday, August 6th Moon Cancer. Sixtus.

      Saturday, August 7th. Moon Cancer.  Asra. Cajetan. Donatus. Petrus and Julianus. Ulrika.

                                                ***** ****

      PLANETS in the Night Sky:

      Brilliant VENUS is an 'evening star' in the West above the setting sun.

      Dimmer, reddish MARS is to its left in the Western sky.

      SATURN is above Mars, between it and Venus but much closer to Mars.

      Message 3 of 6 , Aug 21, 2011
      • 1 Attachment
      • 61 KB

           The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

                                                                                        THE ZODIAC IMAGE

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LEO from August 4th to Sept. 7th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the LION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, blue, is attached to this e-mail.

                                                       *  M A N T R A  # 18 *

      Kann ich die Seele weiten,

      Dass sie sich selbst verbinden

      Empfangnem Welten-Keimesworte?

      Ich ahne, dass ich Kraft muss finden

      Die Seele würdig zu gestalten

      Zum Geistes-Kleide sich zu bilden.

      Can I the Soul widen

      That she can bind herself

      To conceived World-Seed-Word?

      I sense that I must find the strength

      The Soul worthily to form,

      To Spirit-Clothing to build itself.

      An interpretation of the mantra:

          The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light and warmth; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are to find our "selves" again in the World-Self, in the wintertime.

          This week, in this ongoing process, we feel a fore-sensing of the need for more inner strength, to widen ourselves more so as to take in that world that speaks to us through the senses' beauty (which we have been taking in to the soul's depths since Summer began). The expanse of the world in its very essence is already a seed planted within us by the Cosmic Word, like a conception which will lead to birth at Christmastime; we feel the need to form our Soul well enough to provide the outer garment for this spirit when it 'incarnates'.

                                                           THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, August 21st. Moon Taurus.  Last Quarter. Sigismund.

      Monday, August 22nd.  Moon Gemini. Hippolytus, Christian teacher of the 3rd century.

      Tuesday, August 23rd. Moon Gemini. Claudius.

      Wednesday, August 24th. Moon Cancer. Barnabas, the companion of Paul.

                   Bartholomew, the Christian Apostle to India.

      Thursday, August 25th. Moon Cancer.   Ludwig IX of France, the Crusader. 1900 Nietzche died. 1844 Herder born.

      Friday,  August 26th. Moon Leo.  Samuel the Isarelite Priest.

      Saturday,  August 27th. Moon Leo.  1770 Hegel born.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

       Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southern sky from midnight till dawn.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

        "Morning star" dim, reddish Mars is visible in the east just before sunrise,

      Message 4 of 6 , Aug 5, 2012
      • 1 Attachment
      • 469 KB

          The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LEO from August 4th to September 7th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the LION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, Blue, is attached to this e-mail.

[...]

      (which we have been taking in to the soul's depths since Summer began). The expanse of the world in its essence is already a seed planted within us by the Cosmic Word, like a conception which will lead to birth at Christmastime; we feel the need to form our Soul well enough to provide the
      outer garment for this spirit as it 'incarnates'.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, August 5th. Moon Aries.   1396 Gutenberg born.

      Monday,  August 6th. Moon Aries.   Sixtus.

      Tuesday, August 7th. Moon Aries.  Asra. Cajetan. Donatus. Petrus and Julianus. Ulrika.

      Wednesday,  August 8th. Moon Taurus. Cyriacus. Justinus. Romanus. Eseverus. Smaragdus. Ladislaus.

      Thursday, August 9th. Moon Taurus. Last Quarter.  Cajetan. Ericus.

      Friday August 10th. Moon Gemini.
         Agathe. Laurentius.

      Saturday,  August 11th. Moon Gemini.
       Alexander. Gottlieb. Hermann. Radegunde. Susanna. Tiburtius.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

          "Evening stars" Mars and Saturn make a triangle with the star Spica, very visible in the west after sunset. Mars is the reddish "star" on the right approaching yellowish Saturn on the left, above Spica (the ear of corn in the hand of Virgo the Virgin). The two will be exactly conjunct next week.

      Message 5 of 6 , Jul 27, 2013
      • 1 Attachment
      • 114 KB

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CANCER from July 21st through August 3rd in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the CRAB from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, green, is attached to this e-mail.

      * MANTRA # 18 *

      Kann ich die Seele weiten,

      Dass sie sich selbst verbinden

      Empfangnem Welten-Keimesworte?

      Ich ahne, dass ich Kraft muss finden

      Die Seele würdig zu gestalten

      Zum Geistes-Kleide sich zu bilden.

      Can I the Soul widen

      That she herself can bind

      To conceived World-Seed-Word?

      I sense that I strength must find

      The Soul worthily to form

      To Spirit-Clothing to build itself.

      An interpretation of the mantra:

          The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light
      and warmth; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in this outer world, we are
      to find our "selves" again in the World-Self, in the wintertime.

          This week we feel a foresensing of the need for more inner strength, to widen ourselves more so as to take in that world that speaks to us through the senses' beauty (which we have been taking in to the soul's depths since Summer began). The
      expanse of the world in its very essence is already a seed planted within us by the Cosmic Word, like a conception which will lead to birth at Christmastime; but now we feel the need to form our Soul well enough to provide the outer garment for this spirit when it 'incarnates'.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, July 28th. Moon Aries.  1750 Johann Seb. Bach died. 1794 Robespierre executed.1804 Philosopher Ludwig Feuerbach born.

      Monday, July 29th. Moon Taurus. Last Quarter. Simplicius. 1856 Robert Schumann died.

      Tuesday, July 30th. Moon Taurus. Ruth.

       Wednesday,  July 31st. Moon Gemini.  1472 University of Munich founded.

                        1556 Ignatius von Loyola died. 1886 Franz Liszt died.

      Thursday,  August 1st. Moon Gemini. Macabees. 1744 Natural Scientist Lamarck born.

      Friday  August 2nd. Moon Gemini. Hannibal. 1832 Olcott born.

      Saturday,  August 3rd. Moon Cancer. 1492 Start of the first Voyage of Columbus.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

         Venus is the bright white 'star' low in the West at sunset. It will rise higher every night over the next several months.
         Saturn is high in the southern sky at sunset, near the stars of Scorpius.

      Message 6 of 6 , Aug 19, 2014
      • 1 Attachment
      • 469 KB

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LEO from August 4th through Sept. 7th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the LION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, Blue, is attached to this e-mail.

      ******* MANTRA # 16 *******

      Kann ich die Seele weiten,

      Dass sie sich selbst verbinden

      Empfangnem Welten-Keimesworte?

      Ich ahne, dass ich Kraft muss finden

      Die Seele würdig zu gestalten

      Zum Geistes-Kleide sich zu bilden.

      Can I the Soul widen

      That she can bind herself

      To conceived World-Seed-Word?

      I sense that I strength must find

      The Soul worthily to form

      To Spirit-Clothing to build itself.

      An interpretation of the mantra;

         The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light
      and warmth; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are
      to find our "selves" again in the World-Self, in the wintertime.

          This week we feel a fore-sensing of the need for more inner strength, to widen ourselves more so as to take in that world that speaks to us through the senses' beauty (which we have been taking in to the soul's depths since Summer began). The expanse of the world in its very essence is already a seed planted within us by the Cosmic Word, like a conception which will lead to birth at Christmastime; we feel the need to form our Soul well enough to provide the outer garment for this spirit when it 'incarnates'

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday August 17th. Moon GEMINI. Last Quarter. Augusta.

      Monday August 18th. Moon GEMINI.  Joachim (Father of Maria).

      Tuesday August 19th. Moo
      n GEMINI. 1662 Blaise Pascal died.

      Wednesday August 20th. Moon CANCER.  1854 the Philosopher Schelling died.

      Thursday August 21st. Moon CANCER. Sigismund.

      Friday August 22nd. Moon LEO.
      Hippolytus, Christian teacher of the 3rd century.

      Saturday August 23rd. Moon LEO. Claudius.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

         Mars is low in the west at sunset, the reddish "star" with dimmer, yellowish Saturn to its left (east). They are conjunct this week, which only happens every 2 1/2 years.