Re: Spiders, etc

  • Mr Chips
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 18, 2005
      - I think this is a good point --- you "believe".

      So then, how do others know; that have had past memories of there
      lives, and have not studied Steiner ?

      Yes I believe in Atlantis,but I strongly accept that I dont know.

      Maybe Steiners methods are able to be improved on --- simplified.

      Who Knows ?

      God Bless and Love to ALL

      > ** Yes I believe in Atlantis. Why not? Why couldn't past
      > civilizations be destroyed and forgotten by time? Hell, the Roman
      > Empire was almost forgotten. Travelers didn't know who or what
      > created the flattened, dilapidated ruins scattered across the Greek
      > and Roman countryside. Sheep herders would graze their sheep along
      > now-famous ruins, without the least bit clue of where these great
      > carved stones came from. In fact, the mass of people in the Dark
      > Ages believed some of the larger ruins, because of their
      > architectural superiority, were the work of demons. Dead Men Tell
      No
      > Tales, as Motorhead frontman, Lemmy Killmaster, says.
      >

      > **Last week's trivia question. What heavy metal song begins with
      the
      > following passage?
      >
      > "Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! For the devil
      > is come down unto you, having great wrath. Because he knoweth that
      he
      > hath but a short time." [REV. 12:12]
      >
      > "Number of the Beast," by Iron Maiden. Copyright 1982.
    • deo1212
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 21, 2005
        I too have had rememberances of what might be termed past lives...but
        since the mind is creative, how do I know that I just made it up? I
        have had other experiences too which indicate I have visited places
        and had experiences with beings.......real or not? Here is my
        thoughts on all of it, what difference does it make? It is a
        distraction to revealing the divinity we are. What is real....only
        what I decide is real. If I decide all is illusion, then the
        subjective experience of 'God' takes place.....and changes and
        evolves......eternally.

        --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Mr Chips"

        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 22, 2005
          In a message dated 7/18/2005 7:55:18 AM Eastern Standard Time, whatsthepathwhereisit@... writes:

          - I think this is a good point ---  you "believe".

          So then, how do others know; that have had past memories of there
          lives, and have not studied Steiner ?

          Yes I believe in Atlantis,but I strongly accept that I dont know.

          Maybe Steiners methods are able to be improved on --- simplified.

          Who Knows ?

          God Bless and Love to ALL

          >** Yes I believe in Atlantis.  Why not?  Why couldn't past
          >civilizations be destroyed and forgotten by time?  Hell, the Roman
          >Empire was almost forgotten.  Travelers didn't know who or what
          >created the flattened, dilapidated ruins scattered across the Greek
          >and Roman countryside.

          ******* Many people have memories of other lives and many other psychic experiences without studying spiritual science, because they "studied" in former lives and developed the abilities they're born with then. Naturally, unless one has absolutely no will or ambition or desire to improve oneself, the point is not to rest content with whatever you happen to be born with, but to learn how to continue developing. That's the use of spiritual science, even for people born psychic. And the use of this list is for people to share what they know from spiritual science. I can tell you that it has nothing to do with belief, the same a s any other science, but with direct knowledge. You can obtain memories of former lives and this process will lead you back to lives in Atlantis and being able to read the Akashic Records where such history is all recorded.
          -starman

          http://www.DrStarman.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 22, 2005
            In a message dated 7/21/2005 4:49:34 PM Eastern Standard Time, deo1212@... writes:

            I too have had rememberances of what might be termed past lives...but
            since the mind is creative, how do I know that I just made it up? I
            have had other experiences too which indicate I have visited places
            and had experiences with beings.......real or not? Here is my
            thoughts on all of it, what difference does it make? It is a
            distraction to revealing the divinity we are. What is real....only
            what I decide is real.

            *******Thge problem with that subjectivism is that you then renounce all possibility of objective knowledge that's of any use to anyone else.

               If you want to do more than just see an image of yourself as a Druid priest, let's say, and instead access once again the knowledge which a Druid initiation conferred upon you in that life as one, so as to know how the mistletoe plant might be used curatively, then the disciplining of your imaginative faculties so as to discriminate between truth and fantasy is all-important.

               And no one need surrender the task as too difficult: obviously, if you think you are seeing images from a lifetime in colonial America and there are kangaroos jumping about, it's not a trustworthy image but rather a fantasy. Strictly suppressing the fantasy life is an important part of the spiritual path, so that you can tell what's real. If you desire actual answers to the qurestion of how to determine what's real or not, there's a lot to be said. If you want to merely ask it as a rhetorical question, meaning what you really want to do is imply it's unanswerable, then obviously nothing from Steiner would be of interest to you because he did not share your opinion.

               Also, the attitude of dismissing all thought questions because the 'important thing' is just to 'find the divinity within' is a faukt that Steiner spoke about many times in the Theosophists he lectured to. He said it was caused by a hidden laziness in thinking, a desire to shirk the hard work of thinking. He found it absurd to think that understanding a watch requires hard thinking while understanding God supposedly requires none.

            -starman

            http://www.DrStarman.com
          • daniel young
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 22, 2005
              Yes I agree,but it generally has to start with belief,and that is what I am saying........or more better put; there is obviously a need to look for all avenues of knowledge;combined even; as the spirit mind is far from aware of the real reality,from which it perceives the wolrd through the ego mind.

              So yes I agree this is a path of Truth, and so do I believe that there are other paths of Truth ---- and I have a sneaky feeling that you know some of your belief also......best wishes to all of you .

              I just hope people keep their minds open ,for other paths,which may seem a destraction......which they aren't.

              God Bless

              DoctorStarman@... wrote:
              In a message dated 7/18/2005 7:55:18 AM Eastern Standard Time, whatsthepathwhereisit@... writes:

              - I think this is a good point ---  you "believe".

              So then, how do others know; that have had past memories of there
              lives, and have not studied Steiner ?

              Yes I believe in Atlantis,but I strongly accept that I dont know.

              Maybe Steiners methods are able to be improved on --- simplified.

              Who Knows ?

              God Bless and Love to ALL

              >** Yes I believe in Atlantis.  Why not?  Why couldn't past
              >civilizations be destroyed and forgotten by time?  Hell, the Roman
              >Empire was almost forgotten.  Travelers didn't know who or what
              >created the flattened, dilapidated ruins scattered across the Greek
              >and Roman countryside.

              ******* Many people have memories of other lives and many other psychic experiences without studying spiritual science, because they "studied" in former lives and developed the abilities they're born with then. Naturally, unless one has absolutely no will or ambition or desire to improve oneself, the point is not to rest content with whatever you happen to be born with, but to learn how to continue developing. That's the use of spiritual science, even for people born psychic. And the use of this list is for people to share what they know from spiritual science. I can tell you that it has nothing to do with belief, the same a s any other science, but with direct knowledge. You can obtain memories of former lives and this process will lead you back to lives in Atlantis and being able to read the Akashic Records where such history is all recorded.
              -starman

              http://www.DrStarman.com

              Do you Yahoo!?
            • deo1212
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 22, 2005
                Oh but I didn't say there was no thinking to realizing God within....
                he, he. To experience the divinity within is a subjective
                experience....led there by "thinking"....with a final leap of faith.

                All of my past life experiences, plus "other worldy" experiences did
                nothing to assist me. They didn't heal me, they didn't open doors
                except to more and more bizarre experiences.....I got way out on a
                limb.....past JZ Knight's stuff mentioned in another post earlier. I
                shudder thinking where I was at one time in my beliefs.

                Anyway, I agree, if I want to pick up knowledge from any of those
                past lives, this is a good way to do it, whether it's a past life or
                not doesn't even matter. However, my desire is to integrate the world
                of form with that of Divine Peace....to experience all that I am.

                Thank you for sharing so freely with me DrStarman. You are correct, I
                am not a student of Steiner's but I am in admiration of all he has
                contributed, the schools and this forum.

                Blessings,
                deo

                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 22, 2005
                  whatsthepathwhereisit@... writes:
                  Yes I agree,but it generally has to start with belief,and that is what I am saying........or more better put; there is obviously a need to look for all avenues of knowledge;combined even; as the spirit mind is far from aware of the real reality,from which it perceives the wolrd through the ego mind.
                  So yes I agree this is a path of Truth, and so do I believe that there are other paths of Truth ---- and I have a sneaky feeling that you know some of your belief also......best wishes to all of you .
                  I just hope people keep their minds open ,for other paths,which may seem a destraction......which they aren't.

                  *******I'm not at all sure what you're trying to say, but no, the path of spirit-science does not start with belief but with experience, with things you can observe and know directly. The terms you use borrowed from the old discredited Eastern religions, like "ego mind", have no relevence to it, or any other science for that matter.
                      Perhaps you should acquaint yourself with Steiner and anthroposophy---- there are many people here who could answer any questions you may have about it. But if you're just coming here to fish for converts to your belief-system, I doubt you're in the right place.
                  -starman

                  >** Yes I believe in Atlantis.  Why not?  Why couldn't past
                  >civilizations be destroyed and forgotten by time?

                  whatsthepathwhereisit@... writes:

                  - I think this is a good point ---  you "believe".
                  So then, how do others know; that have had past memories of there
                  lives, and have not studied Steiner ?
                  Yes I believe in Atlantis,but I strongly accept that I dont know.
                  Maybe Steiners methods are able to be improved on --- simplified.

                  ******* Many people have memories of other lives and many other psychic experiences without studying spiritual science, because they "studied" in former lives and developed the abilities they're born with then. Naturally, unless one has absolutely no will or ambition or desire to improve oneself, the point is not to rest content with whatever you happen to be born with, but to learn how to continue developing. That's the use of spiritual science, even for people born psychic. And the use of this list is for people to share what they know from spiritual science. I can tell you that it has nothing to do with belief, the same a s any other science, but with direct knowledge. You can obtain memories of former lives and this process will lead you back to lives in Atlantis and being able to read the Akashic Records where such history is all recorded.
                  -starman

                  www.DrStarman.com
                • Daniel young
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 23, 2005
                    This is what i am trying to say,as there are beliefs that are far
                    from just a belief also;but that said I do "Know" that if I used
                    his /mine mind (the human mind) in a sceptical way that I could pull
                    apart all of yours and my beliefs,and even the parts that appear to
                    be confirmed.

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 23, 2005
                      *******Perhaps English is not your native language. For whatever reason, I can't make head or tail out of what you write here. But if you want to know about Steiner and spiritual science, that's what this list is for. Thus far I haven't seen any sign you're at all acquainted with him or it. There are lots of good people here to talk to about it, if that's your interest.
                      -starman

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 24, 2005
                        "There is obviously a need to look for all avenues of knowledge".

                        Some of these "beleif systems" enable us to unfold the truth;to see
                        the Truth,and more importantly to be at one with the Truth.

                        Now the sentence underneath may be easier to comprehend with a little
                        correction needed now.(that instead of this);as sentence referred to
                        is above now, as well as below original message.Also when you go into
                        the etheric brain(right side);the left sided analytical stuff becomes
                        more difficult, as the spirit world is where the real you is,or maybe
                        you just didnt understand my ways of putting things......sorry.

                        --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel young"