    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16, 2005

      The Calendar of the Soul

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here is the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th through July 20th in our era. Here's the symbolic image of the TWINS from the original Soul-Calendar:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 1 7 *
      Es spricht das Weltenwort,
      Das ich durch Sinnestore
      In Seelengründen durfte führen:
      Erfülle deine Geistestiefen
      Mit meinen Weltenweiten,
      Zu finden einstens mich in dir.

      There speaks the World-Word,
      That I through the Senses' Gate
      Into the Soul's Ground would lead:
      "Fill your Spirit-Deeps
      With my World-Widths
      To find one day, Me in you."

      An interpretation:
         The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light
      and warmth, so strong that it dims down the Ego's thinking; then, from out of
      the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are to find our "selves" again in
      the World-Self.
          This week that world speaks to us through the senses' beauty
      which we take in to the soul's depths, saying that as we fill our "I" with
      the expanse of the world, its very essence will become something permanently
      part of us.

      Sunday,  July 17th.  Moon Sagittarius.   Leo IV.

      Monday,  July 18th. Moon Sagittarius. St. Thomas Aquinas.

      Tuesday,  July 19th. Moon Capricorn. St. Vincent de Paul.

      Wednesday, July 20th. Moon Capricorn. Full Moon. The Prophet Elijah (Elias).

      Thursday, July 21st. Moon Aquarius. Daniel.

      Friday, July 22nd. Moon Aquarius. Mary Magdalene. The astronomer Bessel born 1784

      Saturday, July 23rd. Moon Pisces.  Apollinaris, School of Peter. Syrus, Christian Teacher in Justinian's Time.