Re: [steiner] First Lecture

  • Richard Distasi
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 25, 2000
      This opening lecture by Steiner culminates and concludes with the expressive
      thoughts and truths of the ever on-going cycle of evolution. . . ."; in like
      manner the divine creative Word created the mute human seed, in order (for
      the Word) to spring up again within it, it sounded forth in words." Out of
      the creative activity of the Christ we come into being ourselves as seeds
      from Christ. In embryonic fashion we spring from Christ and evolve to be
      thinking, feeling and active beings in the world in which we too learn to
      'create'. In another lecture of Steiner's he explained that the activity of
      creating, spiritually creating, is spiritual speech. Spiritual beings
      communicate with one another through the acts of creation. Christ is the
      'Creative Fiat';the first Principle of life in our world.Christ as a Logos
      Being (and I wish to raise the question as to whether there are a
      multiplicity of Logos beings beyond what we know as the 'Holy Trinity' that
      manifest themselves throughout the universe) has created beings who in time
      become Logos beings themselves just as the lily-of-the-valley example which
      Steiner employs. [rick distasi]