Re: [steiner] Holy nights 1st lecture-Verse

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 24, 2000
      eurythmy@... writes:
      >>I first had mixed feelings about the verse ritual, but this first reading my

      attention was drawn to the light going into those human hearts. I thought no

      more of it only that it sounded like - reefing to - the light going into the

      darkness of the beginning of John gospel...
      << May he live in the hearts, in the inmost souls.

      *******Here's the original German, if you're interested in doing the
      eurythmy, for instance:

      Aus des Geistes lichten Höhen
      Erstrahle Gottes helles Licht
      In Menschenseelen
      Die suchen wollen
      Des Geistes Gnade
      Des Geistes Kraft
      Des Geistes Sein.
      Er lebe
      Im Herzen,
      Im Seelen-Innern
      Unserer
      Die wir
      In Seinem Namen
      Hier uns versammelt fühlen.

      From the luminous heights of the Spirit
      May God's clear light ray forth
      Into those human souls
      Who are intent on seeking
      The grace of the Spirit,
      The light of the Spirit,
      The life of the Spirit.
      May He live
      In the Hearts,
      In the inmmost souls
      Of those of us
      Who feel ourselves gathered together
      In His Name.

      This verse was given by Rudolf Steiner in London in 1913 to Mrs. E.R. Cull
      for group meetings; it's her translation. It can be found in the book "Verses
      and Meditations".