Soul-Calendar, Week 16 after Easter

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 10, 2005
      The Calendar of the Soul

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here is the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th through July 20th in our era. Here's the symbolic image of the TWINS from the original Soul-Calendar:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 1 6 *
      Zu bergen Geistgeschenk im Innern,
      Gebietet strenge mir mein Ahnen,
      Dass reifend Gottesgaben
      In Seelengründen fruchtend
      Der Selbstheit Früchte bringen.

      To save the Spirit-Gifts in my Inner self
      Bids me strongly my sensing of the future,
      So that those ripening God-gifts
      In the Soul's Ground bearing fruit,
      The Selfhood's Fruit will bring.

         A partial interpretation: The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the summer play of light and warmth, to find ourselves in a different way later in the year; and
      this is just what the past few week's verses have pictured.
         Now this Spirit we surrendered to so strongly has wrapped itself about the Ego, planting
      seeds we sense will grow towards the future--- and as they ripen, our own
      abilities will.

      The motif of St. John's/Midsummer: "To find yourself, first lose yourself."

      Sunday,  July 10th.  Moon Virgo.   1509 Calvin born.

      Monday,  July 11th. Moon Virgo. Pius I.

      Tuesday,  July 12th. Moon Libra. 1536 Erasmus of Rotterdam died.

      Wednesday, July 13th. Moon Libra. 1889 Robert Hamerling died.

      Thursday, July 14th. Moon Libra. 1801 Johannes Müller (the Natural Scientist) born.

      Friday, July 15th. Moon Scorpio.  The Day that, according to legend, the Apostles set out on their missions and each chose a different region to go to.
      1099 The Crusaders stormed Jerusalem.

      Saturday, July 16th. Moon Scorpio.  . The Flight of Muhammed 622 A.D. (Hegira).

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 22, 2007
        The "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"

        Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

        These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but
        the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated
        with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos),
        plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for
        sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of
        spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

        Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete form. I have added some
        details on the planets in the night sky as well.

        constellation CANCER from July 21st through August 3rd in our era.
        A version of a new symbolic image of the CRAB (from the original
        Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications), is
        attached to this e-mail, below.

        uses symbolic images, like the Zodiac image (called "Imaginations"), to
        awaken "spiritual sight", and mantras ("Inspirations") to open "spiritual
        hearing."
        experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have
        theirrhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using
        the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go
        from English to German.

        * M A N T R A # 1 6 *
        Zu bergen Geistgeschenk im Innern,
        Gebietet strenge mir mein Ahnen,
        Dass reifend Gottesgaben
        In Seelengr�nden fruchtend
        Der Selbstheit Fr�chte bringen.

        To save the Spirit-Gifts in my Inner self
        Bids me strongly my sensing of the future,
        So that those ripening God-gifts
        In the Soul�s Ground bearing fruit
        The Selfhood's Fruit will bring.

        An interpretation:
        The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the summer play of
        light and warmth, to find ourselves in a different way later in the year;
        and this is just what the past few weeks' verses have pictured.
        Now, this Spirit, concealed in the beautiful summer environment we have
        perceived and which we surrendered to so strongly, has wrapped itself about
        the Ego, planting 'seeds' we sense will grow towards the future---- and as
        they ripen within us, our OWN abilities will also.

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

        Sunday July 22nd. Moon Scorpio. Mary Magdalene. The astronomer Bessel born
        1784.

        Monday, July 23rd. Moon Scorpio. Apollinaris, School of Peter. Syrus,
        Christian Teacher in Justinian's Time.

        Tuesday, July 24th. Moon Sagittarius. Christiana.

        Wednesday July 25th. Moon Sagittarius. St. Chistopher.

        Thursday, July 26th. Moon Sagittarius. Anna.

        Friday, July 27th. Moon Capricorn. Martha.

        Saturday, July 28th. Moon Capricorn. 1750 Johann Seb. Bach died. 1794
        Robespierre executed.1804 Philosopher Ludwig Feuerbach born.

        PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:
        VENUS is a brilliant Evening Star high in the West above the setting sun
        each evening. It is very close to the star Regulus, the 'heart of the Lion'.
        To the right of both is dimmer yellowish SATURN.

        Bright JUPITER is in the south at sunset, to the left of and above brilliant
        red Antares, the Heart of the Scorpion. The waxing moon is seen near both
        Tuesday through Thursday nights.

        Dr. Starman

        www.DrStarman.com [web site temporarily down for remodeling]

        http://newlivehotmail.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 6, 2008
          The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

          Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

          These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

          Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

          The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th through July 20th in our era.
          A version of a new symbolic image of the TWINS (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

          *  M A N T R A  # 1 6 *

          Zu bergen Geistgeschenk im Innern,

          Gebietet strenge mir mein Ahnen,

          Dass reifend Gottesgaben

          In Seelengründen fruchtend

          Der Selbstheit Früchte bringen.

          To save the Spirit-Gifts in my Inner self

          Bids me strongly my sensing of the future,

          So that those ripening God-gifts

          In the Soul’s Ground bearing fruit

          The Selfhood's Fruit will bring.

            An interpretation:  The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the summer play of
          light and warmth, to find ourselves in a different way later in the year; and
          this is just what the past few week's verses have pictured.

             Now, this Spirit we surrendered to so strongly has wrapped itself about the Ego, planting
          seeds we sense will grow towards the future, and as they ripen, our own abilities will.

          THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

          Sunday, July 6th. Moon Virgo.  Hus born 1369; Hus burned at the stake 1415. 1502 University of Wittenberg founded.

          Monday, July 7th. Moon Virgo. Demetrius.

          Tuesday, July 8th. Moon Libra. Aquila and Priscilla.

          Wednesday July 9th. Moon Libra. Anatolia.

          Thursday, July 10th. Moon Scorpio. First Quarter. 1509 Calvin born.

          Friday, July 11th. Moon Scorpio. Pius I.

          Saturday, July 12th. Moon Scorpio. 1536 Erasmus of Rotterdam died.

          PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

             SATURN and MARS are both in the West at sunset, close to the Heart of the Lion, Regulus. The three make a small triangle. The crescent moon will appear close to all three on Sunday and Monday nights, to their left and moving further away each night.

             JUPITER is the bright white 'star' rising in the southeast at sunset.

          Need to know now? Get instant answers with Windows Live Messenger. IM on your terms.
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 18, 2010

               The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                                 ****** *
                      THE ZODIAC IMAGE
             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th to July 20th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the TWINS from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, yellow, is attached to this e-mail.

             *  M A N T R A  # 1 6 *

          Zu bergen Geistgeschenk im Innern,

          Gebietet strenge mir mein Ahnen,

          Dass reifend Gottesgaben

          In Seelengründen fruchtend

          Der Selbstheit Früchte bringen.

          To save the Spirit-Gifts in my Inner self

          Bids me strongly my sensing of the future,

          So that those ripening God-gifts,

          In the Soul’s Ground bearing fruit,

          The Selfhood's Fruit will bring.

          An interpretation based on working with the mantras:

             The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the summer play of light and warmth, to find ourselves in a different way later in the year; and this is just what the past few week's verses have pictured. Now, this Spirit
          we surrendered to so strongly has wrapped itself about the Ego, planting seeds we sense will grow towards the future, and as they ripen, our own abilities will.

                                                                ***** ********* ********* *

                    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

          Sunday, July 18th Moon Scorpio. First Quarter. St. Thomas Aquinas.

          Monday, July 19th.  Moon Scorpio. St. Vincent de Paul.

          Tuesday, July 20th. Moon Sagittarius.  The Prophet Elijah (Elias).

          Wednesday, July 21st. Moon Sagittarius.  Daniel.

          Thursday, July 22nd. Moon Sagittarius.  Mary Magdalene. The astronomer Bessel born 1784.

          Friday, July 23rd Moon Capricorn. Apollinaris, School of Peter. Syrus, Christian Teacher in Justinian's Time.

          Saturday, July 24th. Moon Capricorn.  Christiana.

          .

                                                    ***** ****

          PLANETS in the Night Sky:

          Brilliant VENUS is an 'evening star' in the West above the setting sun.

          Reddish MARS is to its left, higher in the Western sky.

          SATURN is in the southwest to the left of Mars, beneath the Lion's tail.

          Message 5 of 8 , Aug 7, 2011

              Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

                                                                 *******
                      THE ZODIAC IMAGE
             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LEO from August 4th through Sept. 7th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the LION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign (blue) is attached to this e-mail.

          *  M A N T R A  # 15 *

          Zu bergen Geistgeschenk im Innern,

          Gebietet strenge mir mein Ahnen,

          Dass reifend Gottesgaben

          In Seelengründen fruchtend

          Der Selbstheit Früchte bringen.

          To preserve the Spirit-Gifts in my Inner self

          Bids me strongly my sensing of the future,

          So that those ripening God-gifts

          In the Soul’s Ground bearing fruit,

          The Selfhood's Fruit will bring.

            An interpretation of the mantra:

             The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the summer play of light and warmth, to find ourselves in a different way later in the year; and
          this is just what the past few week's verses have pictured.

              Now in this ongoing process, this Spirit we surrendered to so strongly has wrapped itself about the Ego, planting seeds we sense will grow towards the future, and as they ripen, our own abilities will.

                  THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

          Sunday, August 7th. Moon Sagittarius.  Asra. Cajetan. Donatus. Petrus and Julianus. Ulrika.

          Monday, August 8th.  Moon Sagittarius.  Cyriacus. Justinus. Romanus. Eseverus. Smaragdus. Ladislaus.

          Tuesday, August 9th. Moon Capricorn. Cajetan. Ericus.

          Wednesday, August 10thMoon Capricorn. Agathe. Laurentius.

          Thursday, August 11thMoon Aquarius Alexander. Gottlieb. Hermann. Radegunde. Susanna. Tiburtius.

          Friday,  August 12th. Moon Aquarius. Clara. Hilaria. Sulpicius.

          Saturday,  August 13th. Moon Aquarius. Full Moon.  Hippolytus.

          ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

          Dim, yellowish Saturn is in the west at sunset, amongst the stars of the Virgin. It will only be visible a few more days.

          ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:
          The brilliant "morning star" Jupiter and dimmer, reddish Mars are both visible in the east just before sunrise, Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southern sky.

          Message 6 of 8 , Jul 22, 2012
          [Attachment(s) from Durward Starman included below]

              The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CANCER from July 21st to August 3rd in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the CRAB from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, Green, is attached to this e-mail.

           *  MANTRA # 16 *

          Zu bergen Geistgeschenk im Innern,

          Gebietet strenge mir mein Ahnen,

          Dass reifend Gottesgaben

          In Seelengründen fruchtend

          Der Selbstheit Früchte bringen.

          To preseve the Spirit-Gifts in my Inner self

          Bids me strongly my sensing of the future,

          So that those ripening Godly-gifts

          In the Soul’s Ground bearing fruit,

          The Selfhood's Fruit will bring.

           An interpretation of the mantra:

            The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the summer play of light and warmth, to find ourselves in a different way later in the year; and
          this is just what the past few week's verses have pictured.

             Now, this Spirit we surrendered to so strongly has wrapped itself about the Self, planting seeds we sense will grow towards the future--- and as they ripen, our own
          abilities will.

          THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

          Sunday, July 22nd. Moon Virgo.  Mary Magdalene. The astronomer Bessel born 1784.

          Monday,  July 23rd. Moon Libra.   Apollinaris, Student of Peter. Syrus, Christian teacher in Justinian's time.

          Tuesday, July 24th. Moon Libra. Christiana.

          Wednesday,  July 25th. Moon Scorpio. St. Christopher.

          Thursday, July 26th. Moon Scorpio. First Quarter. Anna.

          Friday July 27th. Moon Scorpio. Martha.

          Saturday,  July 28th. Moon Sagittarius. 1750 Johann Seb. Bach died. 1794 Robespierre executed. 1804 Philosopher Ludwig Feuerbach born.

          ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

              "Evening stars" Mars and Saturn continue to dominate the night sky. Reddish Mars is high in the south at sunset, to the left of the Lion.  Yellowish Saturn is further east, above Spica, the ear of corn in the hand of Virgo the Virgin. Mars is approaching Saturn and will conjunct it in August. The moon passes between both Tuesday night; Mars will be to the right of it and Saturn to its left (east).

          Message 7 of 8 , Jul 14, 2013

               The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th through July 20th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the TWINS from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, yellow, is attached to this e-mail.

          * MANTRA # 16 *

          Zu bergen Geistgeschenk im Innern,

          Gebietet strenge mir mein Ahnen,

          Dass reifend Gottesgaben

          In Seelengründen fruchtend

          Der Selbstheit Früchte bringen.

          To save Spirit-Gifts in my Inner self

          Bids me strongly my sensing of the future,

          So that those ripening Godly-gifts

          In the Soul’s Ground bearing fruit

          The Selfhood's Fruit will bring.

          An interpretation of the mantra:

              The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the summer play of light and warmth, to find ourselves in a different way later in the year; and
          this is just what the past few week's verses have pictured.

             Now this Summer Spirit we surrendered to so strongly has wrapped itself about the Ego, planting seeds we sense will grow towards the future---- and, as THEY ripen, our OWN abilities will.

          THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

          Sunday, July 14th. Moon Libra.  First Quarter. 1801 Johannes Muller (the Natural Scientist) born.

          Monday, July 15th. Moon Libra.  The Day that, according to legend, the Apostles set out on their missions and each chose a different region to go to.   1099 The Crusaders stormed Jerusalem.

          Tuesday, July 16th. Moon Scorpio.  The Flight of Muhammed 622 A.D. (Hegira).

           Wednesday,  July 17th. Moon Scorpio.   Leo IV.

          Thursday,  July 18th. Moon Sagittarius. St. Thomas Aquinas.

          Friday
           July 19th. Moon Sagittarius. St. Vincent de Paul.

          Saturday,  July 20th
          . Moon Capricorn.  The Prophet Elijah (Elias).

          ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

             Venus is the bright white 'star' low in the West at sunset. It will rise higher every night over the next several months.
             Saturn is high in the southern sky at sunset, near the stars of Scorpius. The waxing moon, just past half-full, goes by it Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

          Message 8 of 8 , Aug 2, 2014

               The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LEO from August 4th through Sept. 7th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the LION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, Blue, is attached to this e-mail.

          ******* MANTRA # 16 *******

          Zu bergen Geistgeschenk im Innern,

          Gebietet strenge mir mein Ahnen,

          Dass reifend Gottesgaben

          In Seelengründen fruchtend

          Der Selbstheit Früchte bringen.

          To save the Spirit-Gifts in my Inner self

          Bids me strongly my sensing of the future,

          So that those ripening God-gifts

          In the Soul’s Ground bearing fruit

          The Selfhood's Fruit will bring.

             An interpretation of the mantra: The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the summer play of light and warmth, to find ourselves in a different way later in the year; and this is just what the past few week's verses have pictured.

             Now this Spirit we surrendered to so strongly has wrapped itself about the Ego, planting seeds we sense will grow towards the future--- and as THEY ripen, our OWN abilities will.

          THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

          Sunday August 3rd. Moon SCORPIO. First Quarter1492 Start of the first Voyage of Columbus.

          Monday August 4th. Moon SCORPIO.  Dominic (Founder of the Dominican Order). Josias, King of Judea. Josias, the Prophet. Tertullian. Aristarchus. 1792 the Poet Shelley born.

          Tuesday August 5th. Moo
          n SAGITTARIUS. 1396 Gutenberg born.

          Wednesday August 6th. Moon SAGITTARIUS. Sixtus.

          Thursday August 7th. Moon CAPRICORN. Asra. Cajetan. Donatus. Petrus and Julianus. Ulrika.

          Friday August 8th. Moon CAPRICORN.
          Cyriacus. Justinus. Romanus. Eseverus. Smaragdus. Ladislaus.

          Saturday August 9th. Moon AQUARIUS. Cajetan. Ericus.

          ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

             Mars is in the southwest at sunset, a yellow-red "star" in the middle of three in a line, between the bright star Spica (the ear of corn held by Virgo the Virgin) on the right and yellowish Saturn to the left (east). The half-moon will be seen to pass by Mars Sunday night and Saturn Monday night.

          To receive this by e-mail every week, join the Facebook group "Spiritual Science".