Holy nights 1st lecture

  • eurythmy
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 24, 2000
      Dear Dr Starman
      I first had mixed feelings about the verse ritual, but this first reading my
      attention was drawn to the light going into those human hearts. I thought no
      more of it only that it sounded like - reefing to - the light going into the
      darkness of the beginning of John gospel.
      Reading the lecture, the passage " These people also observed things around
      them, but the important thing is this, that the feelings of our hearts and
      souls participate in what we observe, that we consider a ting of greater or
      of less importance, according to what we are able to discern in it." Then
      Steiner speaks of the speaking creatures, and make its point about the lily
      of the valley and its seed and concludes: "in this introductory lecture
      today I wished to picture to you, in simple words, more from the standpoint
      of feeling and of inward sensing,ยป. "after having entered into the soul mood
      which existed when these words were first heard, we shall be much better
      able to enter into the deep meaning which lies at the foundation of this
      Gospel."
      May he lives in the hearts, in the inmost souls.

      Franky