Soul-Calendar, Week 15 after Easter

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2005
      The Calendar of the Soul

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here is the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th through July 20th in our era. Here's the symbolic image of the TWINS from the original Soul-Calendar:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 1 5 *
      Ich fühle wie verzaubert
      Im Weltenschein des Geistes Weben
      Es hat in Sinnesdumpfheit
      Gehüllt mein Eigenwesen,
      Zu schenken mir die Kraft
      Die, ohnmächtig sich selbst zu geben,
      Mein Ich in seinen Schranken ist.

      I feel how enchanted
      Into World-Shining is the Spirit's Weaving:
      It has, in Senses' Dimness,
      Enclosed my Self-Essence
      To give me the Power:
      That, powerless myself to give,
      My "I" in its boundaries is.

         An interpretation: The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light
      and warmth; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are to find our "selves" again in the World-Self.
         This week the Spirit we experience through the beauty of the senses in the outer world has enwrapped itself around the Ego, which would otherwise be cut off from the world--- a
      "spell" cast over it which is unwrapped at Christmastime, which is the opposite verse to this week's.

      The motif of St. John's/Midsummer: "To find yourself, first lose yourself."

      Sunday,  July 3rd.  Moon Gemini.   Anatolius.

      Monday,  July 4th. Moon Gemini. Ulrich.

      Tuesday,  July 5th. Moon Cancer. Cyril and Methodius. Hosea (Prophet).

      Wednesday, July 6th. Moon Cancer. New Moon. Hus born 1369; Hus burned at the stake 1415. 1502 University of Wittenberg founded.

      Thursday, July 7th. Moon Leo. Demetrius.

      Friday, July 8th. Moon Leo.  Aquila and Priscilla.

      Saturday, July 9th. Moon Leo.  Anatolia.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 29, 2008

        Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

        These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

        Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th through July 20th in our era.
        A version of a new symbolic image of the TWINS (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

        *  M A N T R A  # 1 5 *

        Ich fühle wie verzaubert

        Im Weltenschein des Geistes Weben

        Es hat in Sinnesdumpfheit

        Gehüllt mein Eigenwesen,

        Zu schenken mir die Kraft

        Die, ohnmächtig sich selbst zu geben,

        Mein Ich in seinen Schranken ist.

        I feel how enchanted

        Into World-Shining is the Spirit's Weaving:

        It has in Senses' Dimness

        Enclosed my Self-Essence

        To give me the Power:

        That, powerless myself to give

        My 'I' in its boundaries is.

        An interpretation:

            The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light and warmth; then, from out of the Spirit revealed to us through our senses in the outer world, we are
        to find our 'selves' again in the World-Self.

            This week, the Spirit we experience through the beauty of the senses in the outer world has enwrapped itself around the Ego, which would otherwise be cut off from the world--- a
        'spell' is cast over it, a spell of the senses which is unwrapped at Christmastime, the opposite verse to this week's.

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

        Sunday, June 29th. Moon Taurus. Festival of Peter and Paul. Rubens born 1577.

        Monday, June 30th. Moon Gemini. Festival in Memory of Paul.

        Tuesday, July 1st. Moon Gemini. G.W.  Leibnitz born 1646.

        Wednesday July 2nd. Moon Cancer. New Moon. 1778 Rousseau died.

        Thursday, July 3rd. Moon Cancer. Anatolius.

        Friday, July 4th. Moon Leo. Ulrich.

        Saturday, July 5th. Moon Leo. Cyril and Methodius. Hosea (Prophet).

        PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

           SATURN and MARS are both in the West at sunset, close to the Heart of the Lion, Regulus. All three made a small triangle the past few weeks, but now Mars is approaching closer to Regulus, collapsing the triangle. The first crescent of the new moon will appear close to all three on Saturday night: they are the bright 'stars' to the left of it. By Sunday it will have moved past them all from left to right and the Mars-Saturn conjunction near Regulus will appear to the right of the moon.

           JUPITER is the bright white 'star' rising in the southeast at sunset. To the right of it may be seen the stars of the Scorpion in the south.

        The other season of giving begins 6/24/08. Check out the i’m Talkathon. Check it out!
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 19, 2009
        • 27 KB

                         The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
           Dr. Rudolf Steiner
        gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CANCER from July 21st to August 3rd in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler in what Steiner said was the color of the sign, green) of a new symbolic image of the CRAB from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

        *  M A N T R A  # 1 5 *

        Ich fühle wie verzaubert

        Im Weltenschein des Geistes Weben

        Es hat in Sinnesdumpfheit

        Gehüllt mein Eigenwesen,

        Zu schenken mir die Kraft

        Die, ohnmächtig sich selbst zu geben,

        Mein Ich in seinen Schranken ist.

        I feel how enchanted

        Into World-Shining is the Spirit's Weaving:

        It has in Senses' Dimness

        Enclosed my Self-Essence

        To give me the Power

        That, powerless myself to give

        My "I" in its boundaries is.

          An interpretation: The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light and warmth; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world (the sense-world being spirit in another form), we are to find our "selves" again in the World-Self. [The motif of St. John's/Midsummer: "To find yourself, first lose yourself."]

           This week, this Spirit that we experience through the beauty of the senses in the outer world, wraps itself all around the Ego, which would otherwise be cut off from the world in its limited self-awareness, to grow a power in us we cannot give ourselves alone. A "spell" is thus cast over us which is needed now, but which will be "unwrapped" at Christmastime (which is the polar opposite mantra to this week's).

                       ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *******

                THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, July 19th. Moon Cancer,   St. Vincent de Paul.

         .

        Monday, July 20th. Moon Cancer,  The Prophet Elijah (Elias).

        .

        Tuesday, July 21st. Moon Leo. New Moon.  Daniel.

        .

        Wednesday, July 22nd. Moon Leo.  Mary Magdalene. The astronomer Bessel born 1784.

        .

        Thursday, July 23rd. Moon Virgo.  Apollinaris, School of Peter. Syrus, Christian Teacher in Justinian's Time.

         .

        Friday, July 24th. Moon Virgo.  Christiana.

        Saturday, July 25th. Moon Virgo.  St. Christopher.

                   ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *****

        PLANETS in the Night Sky: Saturn is visible in the West from sunset on for a few hours, beneath the stars of the Lion. The first crescent of the New Moon will be seen near it Thursday and Friday nights.

        Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southeastern/southern sky from shortly after sunset till dawn.

        PLANETS in the Morning Sky: Before sunrise, Venus and Mars are visible in the East. Mars is close to the brilliant orange-reddish "Bull's Eye", Aldebaran, while Venus is lower down, closer to the horizon, amongst the stars of the Twins every morning this week.

        Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Search, add, and share the web’s latest sports videos. Check it out.
        Message 4 of 6 , Jul 12, 2010
        • 57 KB

             The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                               ****** *
                    THE ZODIAC IMAGE
           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th to July 20th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the TWINS from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, yellow, is attached to this e-mail.

        *  M A N T R A  # 1 5 *

        Ich fühle wie verzaubert

        Im Weltenschein des Geistes Weben

        Es hat in Sinnesdumpfheit

        Gehüllt mein Eigenwesen,

        Zu schenken mir die Kraft

        Die, ohnmächtig sich selbst zu geben,

        Mein Ich in seinen Schranken ist.

        I feel how enchanted

        Into World-Shining is the Spirit's Weaving:

        It has in Senses' Dimness

        Enclosed my Self-Essence

        To give me the Power:

        That, powerless myself to give

        My "I" in its boundaries is.

        An interpretation based on working with the mantras:

           The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light
and warmth; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are
to find our "selves" again in the World-Self. This week the Spirit we
experience through the beauty of the senses in the outer world has enwrapped
itself around the Ego, which would otherwise be cut off from the world--- a
"spell" cast over it which is unwrapped at Christmastime, which is the
opposite verse to this week's.

                                                              ***** ********* ********* *

                  THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, July 11th Moon Cancer. 11th. Pius I.

        Monday, July 12th.  Moon Leo. 1536 Erasmus of Rotterdam died.

        Tuesday, July 13th. Moon Leo.  1889 Robert Hamerling died.

        Wednesday, July 14th. Moon Virgo.  1801 Johannes Müller (the Natural Scientist) born.

        Thursday, July 15th. Moon Virgo. The Day that, according to legend, the Apostles set out on their missions and each chose a different region to go to. 1099 The Crusaders stormed Jerusalem.

        Friday, July 16th Moon Libra. The Flight of Muhammed 622 A.D. (Hegira).

        Saturday, July 17th. Moon Libra.  Leo IV.

        .

                                                  ***** ****

        PLANETS in the Night Sky:

        Brilliant VENUS is an 'evening star' in the West above the setting sun.  The Moon will pass close to it Tuesday and Wednesday

        Reddish MARS is to its left, higher in the Western sky. The Moon will be near it Thursday night.

        Between them is the Lion's heart, the bright star Regulus. Venus is approaching it now. The Moon will be near both on Wednesday night.

        SATURN is in the southwest to the left of Mars, beneath the Lion's tail. The Moon will be near it Friday night.

        Message 5 of 6 , Jul 31, 2011
        • 27 KB

            Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

                                                               *******
                    THE ZODIAC IMAGE
           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CANCER from July 21st to August 3rd in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the CRAB from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign (Green) is attached to this e-mail.

        *  M A N T R A  # 15 *

        *  M A N T R A  # 1 5 *

        Ich fühle wie verzaubert

        Im Weltenschein des Geistes Weben

        Es hat in Sinnesdumpfheit

        Gehüllt mein Eigenwesen,

        Zu schenken mir die Kraft

        Die, ohnmächtig sich selbst zu geben,

        Mein Ich in seinen Schranken ist.

        I feel how enchanted

        Into World-Shining is the Spirit's Weaving:

        It has in Senses' Dimness

        Enclosed my Self-Essence

        To give me the Power:

        That, powerless myself to give

        My "I" in its boundaries is.

        An interpretation of the mantra:

            The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light and warmth; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are
        to find our "selves" again in the World-Self.

           This week in this ongoing process, the Spirit we experience through the beauty of the senses in the outer world has enwrapped itself around the Ego, which would otherwise be cut off from the world--- a "spell" cast over it which is unwrapped at Christmastime, which is the opposite verse to this week's.

                THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, July 31st. Moon Leo.  1472 University of Munich founded. 1556 Ignatius von Loyola died. 1886 Franz Liszt died.

        Monday, August 1st.  Moon Virgo.  Macabees. 1744 Natural Scientist Lamarck born.

        Tuesday, August 2nd. Moon Virgo. Hannibal. 1832 Olcott born.

        Wednesday, August 3rdMoon Libra. 1492 Start of the first Voyage of Columbus.

        Thursday, August 4thMoon Libra.   Dominic (Founder of the Dominican Order). Josias, King of Judea. Josias, the Prophet. Tertullian. Aristarchus. 1792 the Poet Shelley born.

        Friday,  August 5th. Moon Scorpio. 1396 Gutenberg born.

        Saturday,  August 6th. Moon Scorpio. First Quarter.  Sixtus.

        ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

        Dim, yellowish Saturn is in the southwest at sunset, amongst the stars of the Virgin. It makes a triangle with the 2 bright stars Spica and Arcturus. The crescent noon will be close to it Wednesday and Thursday nights.

        ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:
        The brilliant "morning stars" Jupiter and Venus are visible in the east just before sunrise, rising in that order, with dimmer, reddish Mars between them.

        Message 6 of 6 , Jul 15, 2012
        • 57 KB

            The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th to July 20th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the TWINS from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, Yellow, is attached to this e-mail.

[...]

        Sunday, July 15th. Moon Gemini. The Day that, according to legend, the Apostles set out on their missions and each chose a different region to go to. 1099 The Crusaders stormed Jerusalem.

        Monday,  July 16th. Moon Cancer. The Flight of Mohammed 622 A.D. (Hegira).

        Tuesday, July 17th. Moon Cancer. Leo IV.

        Wednesday,  July 18th. Moon Cancer. New Moon. St. Thomas Aquinas.

        Thursday, July 19th. Moon Leo. St. Vincent de Paul.

        Friday July 20th. Moon Leo.
        The Prophet Elijah (Elias).

        Saturday,  July 21st. Moon Virgo.

        Daniel.

        ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

            "Evening stars" Mars and Saturn continue to dominate the night sky. Reddish Mars is high in the south at sunset, to the left of the Lion.  Yellowish Saturn is further east, above Spica, the ear of corn in the hand of Virgo the Virgin. Mars is approaching Saturn and will conjunct it in August.