Re: [steiner] Thule

  • Pierre Gringoire
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 13, 2005

      > I think I've isolated the two occultists in pre WWII Germany most
      > responsible for laying the groundwork for the Nazi movement:
      > Blavatsky, unsurprisingly, and the other, a more conspicuous fellow
      > by the name of Von Liszt.

      > The idea that most
      influenced this man was Blavatsky's Aryan race theories.

      But was it Blavatsky?  The whole point about Blavatsky was that she was a conduit -- the vehicle through which other personalities could transmit certain knowledge to the wider world without their own identities being known.

      The use (and misuse) of Blavatsky makes her biography is one of the most fascinating of the Nineteenth Century.  C.G. Harrison and Steiner both pointed to the way she was used, for often questionable motives, by the different brotherhoods of the period.