Soul-Calendar, Week 11 after Easter

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5 6:02 PM
         The Calendar of the Soul

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here is the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st to June 15th in our era. Here's the symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 1 1 *
      Es ist in dieser Sonnenstunde
      An dir, die weise Kunde zu enkennen;
      An Weltenschönheit hingegeben,
      In dir dich fühlend zu durchleben:
      Verlieren kann das Menschen-Ich
      Und finden sich im Welten-Ich.

      It is, in this sun-hour,
      For you, the wise prophecy to know;
      To World-Beauty given over,
      In you, you feel to live through:
      'Man's I can lose itself
      And find itself in the World-I.'

      *******A partial interpretation:  The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses is now so strong that we must give ourselves over to it in feeling, and we have a fore-sense of the losing of one's ordinary selfhood to find ourselves again in spirit-being in the height of summer.

      Sunday,  June 5th.  Moon Gemini. Boniface (the Apostle to Germany in the 8th century).

      Monday,  June 6th. Moon Gemini. New Moon. Julian the Apostate born 331.

      Tuesday,  June 7th. Moon Cancer.    Lucian.

      Wednesday, June 8th. Moon Cancer.  Muhammed died 632.

      Thursday, June 9th. Moon Cancer.  Columban.

      Friday, June 10th. Moon Leo. Onophrius.

      Saturday, June 11th. Moon Leo. Alexander the Great died 323 B.C. Roger Bacon died 1294.

      Dr. Starman
      http://www.DrStarman.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 25 10:25 AM
        The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52
        days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete form.

        constellation GEMINI from June 16th to July 20th in our era. A version of
        the symbolic image of the TWINS in the original Soul-Calendar, done from
        Steiner's sketches & indications, is attached to this post.

        This week's mantra.
        uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
        spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
        The meaning
        of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
        reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
        English to German.

        * M A N T R A # 1 1 *
        Es ist in dieser Sonnenstunde
        An dir, die weise Kunde zu enkennen;
        An Weltensch�nheit hingegeben,
        In dir dich f�hlend zu durchleben:
        Verlieren kann das Menschen-Ich
        Und finden sich im Welten-Ich.

        It is in this sun-hour
        For you, this wise prophecy to know;
        To World-Beauty given over,
        In you you feel you'll live through:
        "Man's I can lose itself
        And find itself in the World-I."

        *******The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses is
        now
        so strong that we must give ourselves over to it in feeling---- and we have
        fore-sense of the losing of one's ordinary selfhood to come in this
        strongest summer-time, after which we will find ourselves again in the world
        rather than "inside our skin".

        **********************************

        Sunday, June 25th. Moon Cancer. New Moon.
        Wilhelm Jordan died 1904.

        Monday, June 26th. Moon Cancer.
        Julian the Apostate died 363 A.D.

        Tuesday, June 27th. Moon Leo.
        Phillipina.

        Wednesday, June 28th. Moon Leo.
        Leo.

        Thursday, June 29th. Moon Leo.
        Festival of Peter and Paul. Rubens born 1577.

        Friday, May June 30th. Moon Virgo.
        Festival in Memory of Paul.

        Saturday, July 1st. Moon Virgo.
        G.W. Leibnitz born 1646.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 4, 2011
        • 1 Attachment
        • 57 KB
        Sorry to be late with this week's Calendar. -starman

            Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

                                                               *******
                    THE ZODIAC IMAGE
           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th to July 20th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the TWINS from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign (yellow) is attached to this e-mail.

        * M A N T R A # 11 *

        Es ist in dieser Sonnenstunde

        An dir, die weise Kunde zu enkennen;

        An Weltenschönheit hingegeben,

        In dir dich fühlend zu durchleben:

        Verlieren kann das Menschen-Ich

        Und finden sich im Welten-Ich.

        It is in this sun-hour

        For you, the wise prophecy to know;

        To World-Beauty given over,

        In you you feel to live through:

        Man's I can lose itself

        And find itself in the World-I.

        An interpretation of the mantra:

           The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses is now so strong that we must give ourselves over to it in feeling, and we have a fore-sense of the losing of one's ordinary selfhood to find ourselves again in spirit-being in the height of summer.

                THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, July 3rd. Moon Leo

        Anatolius.

        Monday, July 4th.  Moon Virgo.

        Ulrich.

        Tuesday, July 5th. Moon Virgo.

        Cyril and Methodius. Hosea (Prophet).

        Wednesday, July 6thMoon Libra.
         Hus born 1369; Hus burned at the stake 1415. 1502 University of Wittenberg founded.

        Thursday, July 7thMoon Libra.

         Demetrius.

        Friday,  July 8th. Moon Scorpio.

         Aquila and Priscilla.

        Saturday,  July 9th. Moon Scorpio.

        Anatolia.

        ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

        Dim, yellowish Saturn is in the south at sunset, amongst the stars of the Virgin. It makes a triangle with the 2 bright stars Spica and Arcturus. The crescent of the New Moon will be seen near it Wednesday and Thursday nights.

        ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:
        The brilliant "morning stars" Jupiter and Venus are visible in the east just before sunrise, rising in that order, with dimmer, reddish Mars between them.

        Message 4 of 5 , Jun 17 11:40 AM
        • 1 Attachment
        • 57 KB

           The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
            The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th to July 20th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the TWINS from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, Yellow, is attached to this e-mail.

         *  M A N T R A  # 11 *

        Es ist in dieser Sonnenstunde

        An dir, die weise Kunde zu enkennen;

        An Weltenschönheit hingegeben,

        In dir dich fühlend zu durchleben:

        Verlieren kann das Menschen-Ich

        Und finden sich im Welten-Ich.

        It is in this Sun-hour

        For you, the wise prophecy to know;

        To World-Beauty given over,

        In you you feel to live through:

        Man's I can lose itself

        And find itself in the World-I.

        *******An interpretation of the mantra:

            The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses is now so strong that we must give ourselves over to it in feeling, and we have a fore-sense of the losing of one's ordinary selfhood, to find ourselves again (in spirit-being) in the height of summer.

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, June 17th. Moon Gemini. Montanus.

        Monday,  June 18th. Moon GeminiMarkus.

        Tuesday, June 19th. Moon Cancer. New Moon. Council of Nicea 325 A.D.

        Wednesday,  June 20th. Moon Cancer. Silverius.

        Thursday, June 21st. Moon Leo. Eusebius

        Friday,  June 22nd. Moon Leo. Wilhelm von Humboldt born 1767.

        Saturday,  June 23rd. Moon Leo.  Colombus born 1456.

        ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

            "Evening stars" Mars and Saturn dominate the night sky. Reddish Mars is high in the west at sunset, to the left of the Lion.  Yellowish Saturn is low in the south, next to Spica, the ear of corn in the hand of Virgo the Virgin. Mars is approaching Saturn and will conjunct it next month. The moon will pass by both next week.

        Message 5 of 5 , Jun 8 6:18 PM

               The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st through June 15th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, orange, is below.

          * MANTRA # 11 *

          Es ist in dieser Sonnenstunde

          An dir, die weise Kunde zu enkennen;

          An Weltenschönheit hingegeben,

          In dir dich fühlend zu durchleben:

          Verlieren kann das Menschen-Ich

          Und finden sich im Welten-Ich.

          It is in this sun-hour

          For you, the wise prophecy to know;

          To World-Beauty given over,

          In you you feel to live through:

          'Man's I can lose itself

          And find itself in the World-I.'

          An interpretation of the mantra: The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses is now

          so strong that we must give ourselves over to it in feeling, and we have a fore-sensing of the losing of one's ordinary selfhood, to find ourselves again in spirit-being in the height of summer.

          THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

          Sunday, June 9th. Moon Cancer. Columban.

          Monday, June 10th. Moon Cancer  Onophrius,

          Tuesday, June 11th. Moon Cancer.  Alexander the Great died 323 B.C.  Roger Bacon died 1294.

           Wednesday,  June 12th. Moon Leo.  Basilides.

          Thursday,  June 13th. Moon Leo.  Alfred.

          Friday
           June 14th. Moon Virgo. Basilius.

          Saturday,  June 15
          th. Moon Virgo. Vitus.

          ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

             Mercury and Venus are the bright white 'stars' low in the West at sunset; the crescent moon  appears close to both after sunset Sunday and Monday nights.
             Yellowish Saturn is high in the southern sky by midnight. It is reaching its greatest brilliancy, which makes it stand out near the stars Arcturus and Spica.

          -starman