Re: [steiner] Re: Links

  • LilOleMissy
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 5, 2005

      http://www.steinerbooks.org/detail.html?id=1855841622

      > 1. Knowledge ofthe Supersensible and Riddles of the
      > Human Soul
      > 2. The Mystery of the Double: Geographic Medicine
      > 3. Behind the Scenes of External Events I
      > 4. Behind the Scenes of External Events II
      > 5. Individual Spirit Beings and the Constant
      > Foundation of the Universe I
      >
      > 6. Individual Spirit Beings and the Constant
      > Foundation of the
      > Universe II
      >
      > 7. Individual Spirit Beings and the Constant
      > Foundation of the
      > Universe III

      Thank you for going to so much trouble. I do have the
      St. Gallen lectures, and feel the second of those two
      to be the most informative regarding the Double. This
      doesn't detract from the first, however, which is also
      amazing! Now I'll have to scrounge to see about the
      others in this series! It seems to me that more and
      more often I find "rearranged series" of lectures, and
      that keeps us on our toes!

      Cheers!
      Sheila

      This message is composed of 100% recycled electrons.
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 5, 2005
        In a message dated 6/3/2005 2:35:25 AM Eastern Standard Time, leslierussell1@... writes:

        rhythm VS. routine question...

          I am a typically a lurker but I had an interesting conversation this evening that I would like some feedback on.Basically it started as strengthening the will forces.My take being that through rhythm (among other things) this is possible.The argument then went somewhat Castaneda as far as "routine" being binding and therefore rendering one inflexible.

          This may seem at first glance to be semantics but i would still appreciate input.I should also point out that I (like many others) have come to Steiner through Waldorf education.I have a mothers perspective but believe that with my attempt to establish rhythm in the household we have all benefited.Thank you for any input.

        Leslie Russell

        *******I would say it's a question of consciousness and whether a pattern is internally or externally motivated. If we follow routines imposed on us by our society, our jobs, etc., we become like robots. But when we choose to take up a sequence of actions voluntarily that nothing compels us to do----like meditating regularly or doing things to celebrate the festivals/seasons, or anything that the external world doesn't impose----then we gradually establish a rythm which we have CHOSEN to establish. That's not a robotic routine but rather an ordering of the etheric body.

           The rythmic system, the middle one, is the weak link in modern-day man. This is why our thinking pole and willing pole are so easily disconnected. Anything done to consciously establish rythms is healthful.

        -starman

        http://www.DrStarman.com
      • bscaro
        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 6, 2005
          --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "classiquepair" <classiquepair@y...>
          wrote:
          > --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "bscaro" <bscaro@y...> wrote:
          > > I do wonder who those 'nuts' might be, LOL.
          >
          > It's funny about these 'nuts'...once they get silly notions in their
          > head, those notions, as unimportant as they might be, develop a life
          > of their own.

          yep. that's why the correction of the stuff on amorc was necessary.
          but i thought we'd ended this thread ?
        • classiquepair
          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 6, 2005
            --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, LilOleMissy <lilolemissy@s...> wrote:

            > Thank you for going to so much trouble. I do have the
            > St. Gallen lectures...

            Not a problem for me. I speedo type.
          • classiquepair
            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 6, 2005
              --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "bscaro" <bscaro@y...> wrote:

              > yep. that's why the correction of the stuff on amorc was necessary.
              > but i thought we'd ended this thread ?

              Obviously not. But let's talk Steiner. I posted a few threads
              here...what's your take the way Steiner uses the term 'moral impressions'?
            • livinintheburbs
              Message 6 of 20 , Aug 2, 2005
                Hi all, I am new to the list and was going back through some of the
                posts to see what I could learn and saw this discussion of what
                Steiner means by moral impressions or moral feelings. The following
                is from his primer How to Know Higher Worlds where he addresses this
                topic.

                "Just as the sun's rays vivify everything living, so does reverence
                in the student vivify all feelings of the soul. It is not easy, at
                first, to believe that feelings like reverence and respect have
                anything to do with cognition. This is due to the fact that we are
                inclined to set cognition aside as a faculty by itself — one that
                stands in no relation to what otherwise occurs in the soul. In so
                thinking we do not bear in mind that it is the soul which exercises
                the faculty of cognition; and feelings are for the soul what food is
                for the body. If we give the body stones in place of bread, its
                activity will cease. It is the same with the soul. Veneration,
                homage, devotion are like nutriment making it healthy and strong,
                especially strong for the activity of cognition. Disrespect,
                antipathy, underestimation of what deserves recognition, all exert a
                paralyzing and withering effect on this faculty of cognition. For
                the spiritually experienced this fact is visible in the aura. A soul
                which harbors feelings of reverence and devotion produces a change
                in its aura. Certain spiritual colorings, as they may be called,
                yellow-red and brown-red in tone, vanish and are replaced by blue-
                red tints. Thereby the cognitional faculty is ripened; it receives
                intelligence of facts in its environment of which it had hitherto no
                idea. Reverence awakens in the soul a sympathetic power through
                which we attract qualities in the beings around us, which would
                otherwise remain concealed."

                "If the attention be frequently fixed on the phenomena of growing,
                blooming and flourishing, a feeling remotely allied to the sensation
                of a sunrise will ensue, while the phenomena of fading and decaying
                will produce an experience comparable, in the same way, to the slow
                rising of the moon on the horizon. Both these feelings are forces
                which, when duly cultivated and developed to ever increasing
                intensity, lead to the most significant spiritual results. A new
                world is opened to the student if he systematically and deliberately
                surrenders himself to such feelings. The soul-world, the so-called
                astral plane, begins to dawn upon him."

                I'm happy to find this list and hope to have some enlivening
                discussions about Steiner with you all.

                Regards, Anne N.