Calendar of the Soul, Week 10

    Message 1 of 2 , May 29, 2005
         The Calendar of the Soul

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here is the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st to June 15th in our era. Here' the symbolic image of the BULL in the original Soul-Calendar:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 1 0 *
      Zu sommerlichen Höhen
      Erhebt der Sonne leuchtend Wesen sich;
      Es nimmt mein menschlich Fühlen
      In seine Raumesweiten mit.
      Erahnend regt im Innern sich
      Empfindung, dumpf mir kündend,
      Erkennen wirst du einst:
      Dich fühle jetzt ein Gotteswesen.

      To summer-like Heights
      Rises the Sun's Light-filled Essence;
      It draws my human Feeling
      Into the widths of Space with it.
      There anxiously stirs in my Inner self
      Sensation, dimly prophesying to me
      You will realize one day:
      You feel now a God's Essence.

      An interpretation:
      The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses, growing in this spring-time, is now so strong that it draws our feelings out with it, and we have a fore-sense of the divine spirit-being we will contact in the heights of summer.

      Sunday, May 29th.  Moon Pisces.  Christiana.

      Monday, May 30th. Moon Pisces. Last Quarter. The Maid of Orleans burnt 1431.

      Tuesday, May 31st. Moon Aries.   Angela

      Wednesday, June 1st. Moon Aries.  Nicodemus.

      Thursday, June 2nd. Moon Aries.  Erasmus.

      Friday, June 3rd. Moon Taurus. Clotilde.

      Saturday, June 4th. Moon Taurus.    Karpasius.

      Dr. Starman

      http://www.DrStarman.com