language as means of communicating spiritual concpts

  • Joel
    Message 1 of 3 , May 28, 2005
      "Coincidentally" reading this morning in Mystery Knowldege and Mystery Centres (Dornach between Nov. 23 and Dec. 23, 1923) - Steiner says:

      "In speaking of spiritual matters one sometimes has to use expressions that may seem grotesque when applied to such matters, but one has, after all, to use human language. So you will allow me to use ordinary words even when I am speaking of something that takes place on the purely spirutal plane. You will understand me and will yourselves raise what I say onto a spiritual level."

      And, of course, he also warned about the fundamental difference in reading one of the texts he had specifically written, and reading the unedited transcripts of one of his lectures.

      Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com
    • LilOleMissy
      Message 2 of 3 , May 28, 2005
        --- Joel <ronningen@...> wrote:

        > "Coincidentally" reading this morning in Mystery
        > Knowldege and Mystery Centres (Dornach between Nov.
        > 23 and Dec. 23, 1923) - Steiner says:
        >
        > "In speaking of spiritual matters one sometimes has
        > to use expressions that may seem grotesque when
        > applied to such matters, but one has, after all, to
        > use human language. So you will allow me to use
        > ordinary words even when I am speaking of something
        > that takes place on the purely spirutal plane. You
        > will understand me and will yourselves raise what I
        > say onto a spiritual level."
        >
        > And, of course, he also warned about the fundamental
        > difference in reading one of the texts he had
        > specifically written, and reading the unedited
        > transcripts of one of his lectures.

        Thank you, Joel! It seems your Angel made certain you
        didn't miss that, and at just this very time! How
        wonderful for you to experience this! :)

        Cheers,

        Sheila

        -Those who cannot hear the music think that the
        dancer is mad.
      • classiquepair
        Message 3 of 3 , May 30, 2005
          I wonder if this applies to my post, about Steiner's use of the term
          'moral impression.' Perhaps I missed his explanation of how he uses
          this term somewhere along the line in my reading.

          Steiner is a challenge in that way as he keeps talking about the same
          things but adding new bits of information each time.