End of Thread: Alleged Steiner Rosicrucian "Transmission"

    Message 1 of 2 , May 26, 2005
      >>  Lewis of AMORC also claimed connection with the Great White Brotherhood himself.

      ******So did the people who ruined the Theosophical Society, like Leadbeater. They lied.; they were self-deluded failures in initiation. "By their fruits shall ye know them." What were their fruits? What, by contrast, is anthroposophy's?

      *******Steiner did not belong to any Masonic, Rosicrucian or other lodge or order in this world, did not base what he had to say on any of them, but rather on direct perception of the spiritual worlds and the Great White Brotherhood there, to whom
      anyone can apply for initaiation anywhere at any time..... there were no masonic-type rites in Steiner's first "ES" (esoteric school) in Berlin (see Guidance in Esoteric Training), and there are no secret or masonic-type rituals in the Anthroposophical
      Society. The spiritual realities that once were pictured in Masonic rite-plays
      were given entirely new form in Steiner's Mystery Plays, however, but all out
      in the open.

      By 2 January 1906 Steiner does specifically refer to Masonry as 'a caricature' .............

      ******It is worse than that. See Steiner's Mystery Plays.

      *******I think this Steiner e-group could be put to far better use than to allow people who

      seem to know very little about the spirit-being Anthroposophia which we followers of Steiner try to cultivate in our practice of spirit-science, to instead seek to distort who Rudolf Steiner was and how he did what he did, for the purpose of twisting out of him some kind of endorsement for mindless dilettantism like AMORC or whatever other fakery they may like because it is far less demanding than the real thing (which Steiner often warned many people would). But such foolishness is miles beneath anthroposophy. These groups are so worthless there aren't words enough to express contempt for them; reason being that, unlike the majority of people who know nothing of occult realities, people like Max Heindel and Aleister Crowley did know a little, but instead of placing any of their knowledge at the service of the White Brotherhood and creating a cure for cancer, a whole school of applied homeopathic medicine, an art of movement, a school system that renews education, a new agriculture, etc., etc., they wasted whatever they had in establishing little cults and cliques that flattered their egos. Those cults are dead ends that have nothing to do with spirit science.

            Therefore I'd like to suggest an end to this thread (which after all was started by someone joining the group just to advertise some "esoteric school" in New Zealand and doing intellectual somersaults to try to imply Steiner's stamp of approval of it), and suggest the members put their time into
      discussing something from out of STEINER and ANTHROPOSOPHY here---- like perhaps something relating to some of the life-giving gifts mentioned above? Isn't anyone here working with Bio-Dynamic Agriculture, Waldorf Education, anthroposphic medicine, or with meditation and dreams, mantras, Steiner's basic books or any of his lectures? Doesn't anyone have any thoughts or questions on these?

      Starman
    • bscaro
      Message 2 of 2 , May 27, 2005
        > >> Lewis of AMORC also claimed connection with the Great White
        Brotherhood
        > himself.

        [[> ******So did the people who ruined the Theosophical Society, like
        Leadbeater.
        > They lied.; they were self-deluded failures in initiation. "By
        their fruits
        > shall ye know them." What were their fruits? What, by contrast, is
        > anthroposophy's?]]

        Lewis' fruits seem to have been a large and successful organisation
        which perpetuated the R+C tradition for many years and introduced
        many hundreds of thousands to mysticism of one sort or another.

        I am no fan of his group, nor am I keen on promoting it, but in terms
        of what passes for success, it was not a bad effort.

        [[> *******I think this Steiner e-group could be put to far better
        use than to
        > allow people who
        > > seem to know very little about the spirit-being Anthroposophia
        which we
        > > followers of Steiner ]]

        Maybe we also are followers of Steiner ? Obviously in a different
        way, but there is nothing to stop people focussing on different
        aspects of a person's life or teaching in terms of what they 'follow'.

        I haven't tried to distort anything myself that I've noticed.

        Admittedly I am focussing on a small and atypical aspect of Steiner,
        but I do recognise that this is a small by-way and I am aware of the
        larger picture.

        And I have invited you to bring the breadth of your knowledge of
        Steiner to bear - in order to contribute to the discussion on those
        letters - if as you allege, they are not related to Masonry.

        Best regards

        Fra Ben