Re: [steiner] Re: Information

  • LilOleMissy
    Message 1 of 5 , May 4, 2005
      Dear ClassifiedPear,

      The other day I was thinking how so very many unwanted emails drop into my mailbox, recalling with bliss the days of yore when I had my very first computer. Gee, those were wonderful days! No unwanted emails, now known as "spam", "phishing", etc.  My first computer came from a garbage can long before there was such a thing as a Hard Drive or operating system [other than DOS], prolific internet services, etc., etc., and certainly no email since there was no such access back in the "good old days" - ahhhhh....such peace: I had 4 drives in my old mainframe, rather strange drives, I suppose, since they consisted of two 8 inch floppies, and it was with pride that I could point out the double sides which allowed me drives A, B, C and D! I learned "BASIC", a programming "language", played the most exciting text games full of fierce dragons, chained maidens in dungeons, and magical spells while wandering through such marvels as the ZORK series, etc., while conducting serious work using DOS's word processing program named WordStar.  Time passed and soon there was the advent of Windows, a delightful fantasy world of colors, strange nebulous figments of electronic "air" codenamed FILES, and then I was allowed to connect to that marvel named Electronic Mail through my educational connections, but even then there was no unwanted email for perhaps 2 or 3 years. Such a waste of the "Get Rich Quick--Advertisement Opportunities"! Surely this was not to last?! No, indeed not. Now that I have meandered my way through various computer operating systems to my Power Macintosh, I find more than half my email consists of unwanted "messages" such as the below. It is instructive to acquaint one's self with the mechanisms of communications such as the below; to realize the global scope of origins, acquisitions, not to mention the billions upon billions of dollars gained from such endeavors.  You see, "...this type of spamming..." is NOT allowed in this group, but it incorporates itself without invitation from anyone. Welcome to the 21st Century!

      Blessings,

      Sheila

      classiquepair wrote:
      Why is this type of spamming allowed in this group?

      --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "ftsnnqxuc" <ftsnnqxuc@y...> wrote:

      I refinanced my home loan at an incredible interest rate; this saved

      me 500.00 this month alone. Check this service out.
      http://goodloane.biz/?affiliate=rcc1 take 30 seconds and fill out this
      free form

    • ricuoojje
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 17, 2005
        I got an incredible interest rate on my home loan, I am self employed I refinanced my home. This service can help. http://tpbaj.com/i/LzQvaW5kZXgvd2F6ZWUvMXFzeDZn take 30 seconds and fill out this free form
      • jndiykcv
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 6, 2005
          I got an incredible interest rate on my home loan, I am self employed I refinanced my home. This service can help. http://tpbaj.com/i/LzMvaW5kZXgvd2F6ZWUvMnByMW5yZXJvOTli take 30 seconds and fill out this free form to save money