    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2005
      *******Sorry this week's mailing is late.    -starman
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here is the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st to June 15th in our era. Here' the symbolic image of the BULL in the original Soul-Calendar:

      This week's mantra.

      *   M A N T R A  #6 *
      Es ist erstanden aus der Eigenheit
      Mein Selbst und findet sich
      Als Weltenoffenbarung
      In Zeit- und Raumeskräften;
      Die Welt, sie zeigt mir überall
      Als göttlich Urbild
      Des eignen Abbilds Wahrheit.

      There has arisen out of my Egohood
      My Self, and finds itself
      As World-Revelation
      In Time- and Space-forces;
      The World, it points out to me everywhere
      As godly Archetypal picture
      My own Image's truth.

      We can see that the spiritual essence working in Nature, as the transformation of spring goes on around us in time and space, is an image of our true Self, which this week rises out of our ordinary daily ego-consciousness to find itself mirrored there.

      Sunday, May 1st.  Moon Aquarius.  Walpurgis.

      Monday, May 2nd. Moon Pisces.  Leonardo da Vinci died 1519. Novalis born 1772.

      Tuesday, May 3rd. Moon Pisces.   Empress Helena found the Cross of Christ in Jerusalem 326 A.D.

      Wednesday, May 4th. Moon Aries.   Monica, mother of Augustine dies 387 A.D.

      Thursday, May 5th. Moon Aries.   Columbus discovers America 1492.

      Friday, May 6th. Moon Aries. John, writer of the Gospel and the Apocalypse.

      Saturday, May 7th. Moon Taurus.  Gottfried.

      Dr. Starman

      P.S. The moon may be seen very close to the planet Mercury in the East just before sunrise Friday morning.