RE: [steiner] Nihalism, beloved nihalism!

  • eyecueco@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 13, 2005
      "Mathew Morrell" <tma4cbt@...> wrote:

      >Your cynicism is admirable, eyeco. Somedays I wish I had your
      >outright belief in nothing.

      My post was not written from cynicism nor nihilism (not nihalism), but,
      conclusions drawn from considerable study several years ago on the death of
      John Paul I, the Curia since 1978, the Vatican Bank scandals, the on going banking
      scandals in Chicago tied to the Vatican Bank, the IOR 'arrangments' to settle the
      Vatican's invovlement in the Banco Ambrosiano disaster (244 million), and a
      lot of reading on Opus Dei.

      Nihilism is "a belief that all political and religious organizations are bad,
      or a system of thought which says that there are no principles or beliefs
      which have any meaning or can be true."   That is quite different from
      discerning fact from fiction.

      >It would save me from a lot of the
      >heart ache I feel knowing that there is still some truth and
      >goodness left in the realm of organized religion and politics, and
      >that these realms of public life are still malleable enough to be
      >reformed and changed for the better.  If I believed in nothing and
      >sank into nihalism I could free myself from having to fight for
      >goodness in the political sphere, campaigne for candidates, update
      >my Web site, call talk shows, canvas neighborhoods with leaflets,
      >all of which takes time and energy.
      >
      >Nihalism is a gift, I think.  It comes down upon you and frees you
      >from the responsibility of having to act.  Beloved non-action!  No
      >thinking, no willing, just being, ETERNAL BEING.  Nihalism,
      >Nietzsche said, is the ultimate vacation for philosophers.  For me
      >it is paradise, but also a luxury I can't afford.

      It is never helpful to discussion to get personal.  You are out of line to
      call yourself a moralist and  another a nilhist because you are 'pissed' at
      what has been said.

      You know nothing about what I have, or have not been involved in with
      politically or otherwise, nor what contributions I have made or have not
      made in my life.

      >That's why I always enjoy eyeco's posts, always, no matter if I
      >agree with him or not. Keep it up!

      Actually, it isn't worth 'keeping it up'.
      It's all yours.
      I'm out of here.

      >Mathew Morrell
      >www.kcpost.net , where nihalism gets witchy and moralists get