Re: [steiner] Etc.

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2005
      In a message dated 3/29/2005 1:54:45 AM Eastern Standard Time, tma4cbt@... writes:

      **How could there be 150 members in this Yahoo forum all the
      sudden?  Just the other day there were 119.

      **What does Starman do for a living?  He's not around as much
      recently.

      *******I'm not sure, but it may have been caused by the recent changes at Yahoo. I HOPE it was the result of them somehow automatically adding a number of members who applied for membership over the past few months and were waiting to join---- because I have tried several times to figure out how to approve these 'pending' members and could not.
         If you'll recall, I was asked to make this group one where membership had to be approved after several 'spammers' came onto the list and put ads here. I've now changed it back to open membership because I simply could not, for the life of me, understand how on earth I was supposed to approve the people who wanted to join. One fellow has e-mailed me, asking me to approve his membership, and I've gone to the group's Yahoo web site several times and been unable to. So, I hope the sudden surge in membership was all those people finally being allowed to join.
           If we get spammers again, well, that's just the price we pay for open membership, but I didn't really like not having it open anyway.

         I apologize for not being here very much, but to give you a bit of a reason why: I have my astrological practice and am often travelling to astrology conferences, I have my college social sciences teaching work, my writing and my radio appearances; I'm also a minister, currently running a home hospice for a terminally ill patient as well as performing occasional weddings and funerals; I'm a naturopath, frequently advising people on anthroposophic medicine and the Edgar Cayce remedies --- I also now run a Steiner study group here in Virginia Beach, the running of which has just been thrown to me due to the departure of the former leader who suddenly moved to Mexico (!)---- I'm a musician performing regularly (including frequently at the opening of the anthroposophic group's study)---- and most relevant of all right now, I have a practice doing paralegal work and tax preparation, a business I started which has now grown to the point where I have several people working under me in order to handle the work load. (I won't go into my painting, calligraphy, music business or the pyramid we're currently building. Let's just say I don't exactly have a lot of time to get bored.)

          So, I promise I'll make more time for the group after April 15th, when the US tax season ends ----- with the exception of a week or so in early May when I will be away in England, Ireland and perhaps Norway, and not sure how much I will be able to have a presence on the internet with just my laptop.