Re: [steiner] Digest Number 922

  • Marie-Jose
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2005

      -------Original Message-------

      Date: 03/28/05 08:19:07
      Subject: minor correction to German version
            1. Calendar of the Soul, Verse #1
                 From: DoctorStarman@...

       Dear Dr. Starman,
      Thank you for your efforts to keep us in touch with our spirits, and our spirits in touch with what's important.

      As a foreign language teacher and translator, however - or by default, one might say... -, I couldn't help but notice a couple of errors in the German version of Mantra 1, as follows:

       "...Und Freude aus den Seelenteifen,..."    should be "Seelentiefen"

      "...Und binden dumpf
      Des Menschen Wesen und des Geistes Sein."  should be
      "...Und binden dumpf
      Des Meschen Wesen an des Geistes Sein."

      The verb+prep used here is "binden an"

      All the best,
      Maria
      (English-Spanish-German)

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 28, 2005

                   From: DoctorStarman@...

        Dear Dr. Starman,
        Thank you for your efforts to keep us in touch with our spirits, and our spirits in touch with what's important.

        As a foreign language teacher and translator, however - or by default, one might say... -, I couldn't help but notice a couple of errors in the German version of Mantra 1, as follows:

        "...Und Freude aus den Seelenteifen,..."    should be "Seelentiefen"

        "...Und binden dumpf
        Des Menschen Wesen und des Geistes Sein."  should be
        "...Und binden dumpf
        Des Meschen Wesen an des Geistes Sein."

        The verb+prep used here is "binden an"

        All the best,
        Maria
        (English-Spanish-German)

        *******Thank you for that correction, those little spelling errors in the German had gone unnoticed for quite awhile. As you may know, few people in the English speaking world use anything but the English translations. But the actual mantra is the German. I did not try to create a mantric verse in English but only a literal translation that could enable an English-speaking person to think the English words while saying the German original.
             If you'd ever like to comment on the language in any way you feel might help people to work their way from an English translation to the use of the actual German mantra, it would always be appreciated here.

        -starman
        www.DrStarman.net