Soul-Calendar Verse #50

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2005

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation PISCES from March 9th through April 13th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the FISHES in the original Soul-Calendar, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 5 0  *
      Es spricht zum Menschen-Ich
      Sich machtvoll offenbarend,
      Und seines Wesens Kräfte lösend
      Des Weltendaseins Werdelust:
      In dich mein Lebend tragen
      Aus seinem Zauberbanne
      Erreiche ich mein wahres Ziel.

      There speaks to Man's I
      With mighty revelation
      And its Essence's Power loosening,
      The World-Existence's Growth-Joy:
      "In you, my Life carrying
      Out of its magic spell,
      I reach my true aim."

        Interpretation of this week's mantra:
          We are heading towards spring, when our inner selves once more go to 'sleep', while the Earth instead awakens.  This week, we feel through the use of the mantra, how the world's joyous springtime growth speaks to us as human beings, saying that it is spiritually under a spell, which can only be overcome by us carrying it into our own deeds.
          Easter comes early this year, so we will skip mantras 51 and 52 and start anew with mantra #1 on Easter Sunday next week.

                                                  **********************************

      Sunday, March 20th.  Moon Leo. Joachim (father of Mary). Martin Scotus (worthy spreader of Christendom in Poland).

      Monday, March 21st. Moon Leo. Benedict (founded the Benedictine Order 529).  1685 J.S. Bach born. 1804 Napoleonic Code published.

      Tuesday, March 22nd. Moon Virgo. Leah (Laban's older daughter). Goethe died 1832.

      Wednesday, March 23rd. Moon Virgo. Theodoricus (worthy spreader of Christendom to Holland, 10th century).

      Thursday, March 24th. Moon Virgo. Catherine (of the Christian song, which converted 50 philosophers to Christendom). The Archangel Gabriel.

      Friday, March 25th. Moon Libra. Full Moon. The Annunciation to Mary. Novalis died 1801.

      Saturday, March 26th. Moon Libra.
        Israel (Isaac's Son). Beethoven died 1827.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.net