Soul-Calendar, Week 49 after Easter

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 13, 2005

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation PISCES from March 9th through April 13th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the FISHES in the original Soul-Calendar, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 4 9  *
      Ich fühle Kraft des Weltenseins:
      So spricht Gedankenklarheit,
      Gedenkend eignen Geistes Wachsen
      In finstern Weltennächten,
      Und neigt dem nahen Weltentage
      Des Innern Hoffnungsstrahlen.

      "I feel the Power of the World-Existence":
      So speaks Thinking's Clarity,
      Thinking of its own Spirit-Waxing
      In dark World-Night,
      And draws nigh unto nearing World-Day
      With its inner Rays of Hope.

      Interpretation of this week's mantra:
        This week, as we begin to sense the World once more awakening in spring, we realize its growing power is similar to how our own Self-knowledge grew strong in the fall. We know that, just as we gained power in winter, so there will come to affect us a power for the good in the coming summer, an outer one rather than inner; and that our clear thinking with our hopes for the coming year, brings us close to the outer radiance of the returning Sun.

                                                  **********************************

      Sunday, March 13th.  Moon Taurus.  1781 Uranus discovered by Herschel.

      Monday, March 14th. Moon Taurus. Abigail (David's Wife). Eutychius (Christian writer of the 10th century, who wrote a History of the World from the Creation down to his time). Mathildis (bringer of Christendom to Germany in the 10th century). Zacharias. Klopstock died 1803.

      Tuesday, March 15th. Moon Gemini. Christopher (who carried a Youth over the river, then saw that in him he had carried the Christ-Child). Longinus (captain in command in Matthew's Gospel).

      Wednesday, March 16th. Moon Gemini.  1858 Nees v. Esenbeck died.

      Thursday, March 17th. Moon Gemini. First Quarter.  Patrick (Bringer of Christendom to Ireland). 180 Marcus Aurelius died.

      Friday, March 18th. Moon Cancer. Day of Remembrance of the First Day of the World.

      Saturday, March 19th. Moon Cancer.
      Joseph (husband of Mary). Mary of Bethany (Lazarus' sister in John's Gospel).

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 17, 2007
        The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

        days.

        constellation PISCES from March 9th through April 13th in our era.
        A version of the new symbolic image of the FISHES from the original
        Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is
        attached to this e-mail.

        This week's mantra.
        uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
        spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
        experience.

        English to German.

        * M A N T R A # 4 9 *
        Ich f�hle Kraft des Weltenseins:
        So spricht Gedankenklarheit,
        Gedenkend eignen Geistes Wachsen
        In finstern Weltenn�chten,
        Und neigt dem nahen Weltentage
        Des Innern Hoffnungsstrahlen.

        �I feel the Power of the World-Existence�:
        So speaks Thinking�s Clarity,
        Aware of its own Spirit-Waxing
        In dark World-Night,
        Its inner Rays of Hope
        Drawing close to nearing World-Day.

        This week's mantra:
        We are heading towards spring, when our inner selves once more go to
        'sleep', while the Earth instead awakens. Last week, we felt the growing
        Light resolve all the World-Riddles that make our minds anxious, and instead
        awakene Love in our hearts. This week, as we begin to sense the World once
        more awakening, we realize it's similar to how our own Self-knowledge grew
        stronger as we went into winter. We know that, just as we gained power from
        our experience of this winter, so there will come to affect us a power for
        the good in the coming summer, an outer one rather than inner, and that what
        we have hoped for in the coming year will manifest outside.

        **********************************

        some of the spiritual figures and events connected with the days.

        Sunday, March 18th. Moon Pisces. New Moon. Day of Remembrance of the First
        Day of the World.

        Monday, March 19th. Moon Aries. Joseph (husband of Mary). Mary of Bethany
        (Lazarus� sister in John�s Gospel).

        Tuesday, March 20th. Moon Aries. Joachim (father of Mary). Martin Scotus
        (worthy spreader of Christendom in Poland).

        Wednesday, March 21st. Moon Taurus. Benedict (founded the Benedictine Order
        529). 1685 J.S. Bach born. 1804 Napoleonic Code published.

        Thursday, March 22nd. Moon Taurus. Leah (Laban�s older daughter). Goethe
        died 1832.

        Friday, March 23rd. Moon Gemini. Theodoricus (worthy spreader of Christendom
        to Holland, 10th century).

        Saturday, March 24th. Moon Gemini. Catherine (of the Christian song, which
        converted 50 philosophers to Christendom). The Archangel Gabriel.

        P.S. The Moon will be seen close to the planet Venus after sunset on March
        21st and 22nd.

        It�s tax season, make sure to follow these few simple tips
        http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/PreparationTips/PreparationTips.aspx?icid=HMMartagline
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 9, 2008

          Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

          These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

          Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

          The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation PISCES from March 9th to April 13th in our era.
          A version of a new symbolic image of the FISHES (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

          ************ ********* ********* ********* ******

           *  M A N T R A  # 4 9  *

          Ich fühle Kraft des Weltenseins:

          So spricht Gedankenklarheit,

          Gedenkend eignen Geistes Wachsen

          In finstern Weltennächten,

          Und neigt dem nahen Weltentage

          Des Innern Hoffnungsstrahlen.

          “I feel the Power of the World-Existence”:

          So speaks Thinking’s Clarity,

          Mindful of its own Spirit-Waxing

          In dark World-Night,

          Its inner Rays of Hope

          Drawing close to the nearing World-Day.

            Some interpretation:

          We are heading towards spring, when our inner selves once more go to 'sleep', while the Earth instead awakens.

             Last week, we felt the growing Light resolve all the World-Riddles that make our minds anxious, and instead awaken Love in our hearts.

             This week, as we begin to sense the Earth once more awakening as it goes into Summer, we realize it's similar to how our own SELF-knowledge grew stronger as WE went into Winter.

             We can know that, just as we gained power from our experience of this winter, so there will come to affect us a power for the good in the coming Summer--- an outer one rather than inner--- and that what we have hoped for in the coming year will manifest outside in our lives.

           ************ ********* ********* ********* ****

          THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

          Sunday, March 9th. Moon Aries. Cyril and Methodius (Greek monks, in the 10th century proclaimed Christendom in Bulgaria and Eastern Europe. Cyril is inventor of the Slav letter-script and translated the Bible into Slavic). Gregory of Nyssa 4th century. 1758 Phrenologist Gall born.

          Monday, March 10th. Moon Taurus. Alexander (contended in the 4th century for the Athanasian confession against the Arian). Day of Remembrance of Mary Magdalene.

          Tuesday, March 11th. Moon Taurus. Attalus (Christian teacher, worked in the 2nd century in France). 1544 Tasso born. 1811 Leverrier born.

          Wednesday March 12th. Moon Gemini. Gregory (famous Pope of the 6th century, Introducer of Choral-Singing). 1365 University of Vienna founded.

          Thursday, March 13th. Moon Gemini. 1781 Uranus discovered by Herschel.

          Friday, March 14th. Moon Cancer. First Quarter.   Abigail (David’s Wife). Eutychius (Christian writer of the 10th century, who wrote a History of the World from the Creation down to his time). Mathildis (bringer of Christendom to Germany in the 10th century). Zacharias. Klopstock died 1803.

          Saturday, March 15th. Moon Cancer. Christopher (who carried a Youth over the river, then saw that in him he had carried the Christ-Child). Longinus (captain in command in Matthew’s Gospel).

          PLANETS IN THE NIGHT & MORNING SKY (Northern Hemisphere):

             MARS is high in the south at sunset, above Orion the Hunter. It's the bright yellowish-red 'star' moving towards the Twins of Gemini.

              Yellowish SATURN is in the East before midnight, beneath the Lion, south of the Big Dipper.

              VENUS and JUPITER, the brightest objects in the sky besides Sun and Moon, can be seen as brilliant 'morning stars' in the southeast from about an hour before sunrise on till dawn [to the left of the stars of the Scorpion, directly south].

          Dr. Starman

          www.DrStarman.com [website down for remodelling]

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 14, 2010
          • 1 Attachment
          • 24 KB
               The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                                            **** ********* ***
                      THE ZODIAC IMAGE
             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation PISCES from March 9th  to April 13th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the FISHES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

           *  M A N T R A  # 4 9  *

          Ich fühle Kraft des Weltenseins:

          So spricht Gedankenklarheit,

          Gedenkend eignen Geistes Wachsen

          In finstern Weltennächten,

          Und neigt dem nahen Weltentage

          Des Innern Hoffnungsstrahlen.

          “I feel the Power of the World-Existence”:

          So speaks Thinking’s Clarity,

          Thinking of its own Spirit-Waxing

          In the dark World-Night,

          And drawing close to nearing World-Day

          With its inner Rays of Hope.

              We are heading towards spring, when the Earth awakens.  This week, as we begin to sense the World once more awakening, we realize it's similar to how our own Self-knowledge grew stronger as we went into winter. We know that, just as we gained power from our experience of this winter, so there will come to affect us a power for the good in the coming summer, an outer one rather than inner, and that what we have hoped for in the coming year will manifest outside.

                    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

          Sunday, March 14th Moon Pisces. Abigail (David’s Wife). Eutychius (Christian writer of the 10th century, who wrote a History of the World from the Creation down to his time). Mathildis (bringer of Christendom to Germany in the 10th century). Zacharias. Klopstock died 1803.

          Monday,  March 15th. Moon Pisces. New MoonChristopher (who carried a Youth over the river, then saw that in him he had carried the Christ-Child). Longinus (captain in command in Matthew’s Gospel).

          Tuesday,  March 16th. Moon Aries. 1858 Nees v. Esenbeck died.

          Wednesday,  March 17th. Moon Aries. Patrick (Bringer of Christendom to Ireland). 180 Marcus Aurelius died.

          Thursday,  March 18th. Moon Taurus. Day of Remembrance of the First Day of the World.

          Friday,   March 19th. Moon Taurus. Joseph (husband of Mary). Mary of Bethany (Lazarus’ sister in John’s Gospel).

          Saturday,   March 20th. Moon Gemini. Joachim (father of Mary). Martin Scotus (worthy spreader of Christendom in Poland).

                                                    ***** ****

          PLANETS in the Night Sky:

          Bright yellowish-red MARS rises in the East as the sun sets in the West.

          SATURN rises in the East about 9 P.M.

          Message 5 of 8 , Mar 6, 2011
          • 1 Attachment
          • 17 KB

              Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                                 *******
                      THE ZODIAC IMAGE
             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation AQUARIUS from Feb. 9th to March 8th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the WATER-BEARER from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) ----in an approximation of the color he said corresponded to the sign, one of 5 shades of  "purple" or magenta we can't yet actually perceive ---- is attached to this e-mail.

           *  M A N T R A  # 4 9  *

          Ich fühle Kraft des Weltenseins:

          So spricht Gedankenklarheit,

          Gedenkend eignen Geistes Wachsen

          In finstern Weltennächten,

          Und neigt dem nahen Weltentage

          Des Innern Hoffnungsstrahlen.

          “I feel the Power of the World-Existence”:

          So speaks Thinking’s Clarity,

          Mindful of its own Spirit-Waxing

          In dark World-Night,

          Its inner Rays of Hope

          Drawing close to nearing World-Day.

               We are heading towards spring, when our inner selves once more go to 'sleep', while the Earth instead (and our external, earthly bodies) awaken.

               Last week, we felt in this ongoing process the growing Light resolve all the World-Riddles that make our minds anxious, and it instead awakened Love in our hearts.

             This week, as we begin to sense the World once more awakening, we realize it's similar to how our own Self-knowledge grew stronger as we went into winter. We know that, just as we gained power from our experience of this winter, so there will come to affect us a power for the good in the coming summer--- an outer one rather than an inner one--- and that what we have hoped for in the coming year will manifest outside.

                    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

          Sunday, March 6th. Moon Aries.
          1274 Thomas Aquinas died. 1475 Michelangelo born. 1520 Australia was discovered. 1787 Fraunhofer born.

          Monday,  March 7th.  Moon Aries.

          Felicitas and Perpetua (Christian martyrs under the Emperor Severus, thrown to wild beasts in Alexandria).

          Tuesday, March 8th. Moon Taurus.
          Philemon (companion of Paul).

          Wednesday,   March 9thMoon Taurus.
          Cyril and Methodius (Greek monks, in the 10th century proclaimed Christendom in Bulgaria and Eastern Europe. Cyril is inventor of the Slav letter-script and translated the Bible into Slavic). Gregory of Nyssa 4th century. 1758 Phrenologist Gall born.

          Thursday,   March 10thMoon Gemini.

           Alexander (contended in the 4th century for the Athanasian confession against the Arian). Day of Remembrance of Mary Magdalene.

          Friday,   March 11th. Moon Gemini.

          Attalus (Christian teacher, worked in the 2nd century in France). 1544 Tasso born. 1811 Leverrier born.

          Saturday,   March 12th. Moon Gemini. First Quarter.

          Gregory (famous Pope of the 6th century, Introducer of Choral-Singing). 1365 University of Vienna founded.

          ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:
          Brilliant white JUPITER may be seen in the southwestern sky for a few hours after sunset. The first crescent of the new moon will be to the east of it Monday night.  Dimmer, yellowish Saturn rises in the east shortly after Jupiter sets in the west.

          ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:
          The brilliant "morning star" Venus is seen in the East every day before sunrise. Saturn is also visible low in the south at the same time, before sunrise.

          Message 6 of 8 , Mar 25, 2012
          • 1 Attachment
          • 24 KB

             The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

                  THE ZODIAC IMAGE
              The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation PISCES from March 9th through  Apr. 13th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the FISHES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of magenta, is attached to this e-mail.

[...]

          Sunday, March 25th. Moon Taurus.  The Annunciation to Mary. Novalis died 1801.

          Monday,  March 26th. Moon Taurus.   Israel (Isaac’s Son). Beethoven died 1827.

          Tuesday, March 27th. Moon Gemini.  1845 Röentgen born.

          Wednesday,  March 28th. Moon Gemini.  1749 LaPlace born.

          Thursday, March 29th. Moon Cancer. 1772 Swedenborg died.

          Friday,  March 30th. Moon Cancer. First Quarter.   Guido v. Arezzo (Benedictine monk of  the 11th century, worked at reforming Church music).

          Saturday,  March 31st. Moon Cancer.   The Prophet Amos. The Prophet Jeremiah. Newton died 1727. Bunsen born 1811.

          ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

              "Evening stars" Venus and Jupiter are still conjunct in the west at sunset this week. Venus is the brighter one. The crescent of the new moon is near both Sunday and Monday nights.

          ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

             Yellow-reddish Mars rises in the East at sunset and is visible in the southeastern sky all night to the east of the Lion.  It is approaching as close as it ever gets to earth in its orbit, so it has brightened to yellow and is returning to the stars of the Lion is passed through this fall.

          FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the 21st mantra today.

          Message 7 of 8 , Mar 10, 2013
          • 1 Attachment
          • 24 KB

               The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation PISCES from March 9th through March 8th through April 13th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the FISHES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, one of 5 shades of 'Magenta' we can't yet actually see, is attached to this e-mail.

          * MANTRA # 49 *

          Ich fühle Kraft des Weltenseins:

          So spricht Gedankenklarheit,

          Gedenkend eignen Geistes Wachsen

          In finstern Weltennächten,

          Und neigt dem nahen Weltentage

          Des Innern Hoffnungsstrahlen.

          “I feel the Power of the World-Existence”:

          So speaks Thinking’s Clarity,

          Thinking of its own Spirit-Waxing

          In dark World-Night,

          Its inner Rays of Hope

          Drawing close to nearing World-Day.

              We are heading towards spring, when our inner selves once more go to 'sleep', while the Earth instead awakens. Last week, we felt the growing Light resolve all the World-Riddles that make our minds anxious, and instead awaken Love in our hearts. This week, as we begin to sense the World once more awakening, we realize it's similar to how our own Self-knowledge grew stronger as we went into winter. We know that, just as we gained power from our experience of this winter, so there will come to affect us a power for the good in the coming summer--- an outer one rather than inner--- and that what we have hoped for in the coming year will manifest outside.

          THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

          Sunday, March 11th. Moon Pisces. Attalus (Christian teacher, worked in the 2nd century in France). 1544 Tasso born. 1811 Leverrier born.

          Monday, March 12th. Moon Pisces. New Moon.  Gregory (famous Pope of the 6th century, Introducer of Choral-Singing). 1365 University of Vienna founded.

          Tuesday, March 13th. Moon Aries. 1781 Uranus discovered by Herschel.

          Wednesday,  March 14th. Moon Aries.    Abigail (David’s Wife). Eutychius (Christian writer of the 10th century, who wrote a History of the World from the Creation down to his time). Mathildis (bringer of Christendom to Germany in the 10th century). Zacharias. Klopstock died 1803.

          Thursday,  March 15th. Moon Taurus.   Christopher (who carried a Youth over the river, then saw that in him he had carried the Christ-Child). Longinus (captain in command in Matthew’s Gospel).

          Friday
           March 16th. Moon Taurus.  1858 Nees v. Esenbeck died.

          Saturday,  March 17th
          . Moon Taurus. Patrick (Bringer of Christendom to Ireland). 180 Marcus Aurelius died.

          ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

             Jupiter is the bright white 'star' almost directly overhead at sunset, next to the bright orange-red star Aldebaran, the Eye of the Bull of Taurus.

          -Starman.

          Message 8 of 8 , Mar 4, 2014
            Sorry to be late with the Calendar this week. -starman

                 The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation AQUARIUS from February 9th through March 8th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the WATER-MAN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of 'magenta' we cannot yet see, is attached to this e-mail.

[...]

            2nd. Moon Aries.

            321 A.D. The celebration of Sunday begins to become common.

            Monday,

            March 3rd

            . Moon Aries.

             Kunigunder (husband Heinrich I).

            Tuesday,

            March 4

            th. Moon Taurus.

            Leopold van Buch, Geologist, died 1853.

            Wednesday,

            March 5

            th. Moon Taurus.

            Eusebius (Christian writer of Caesarea in the 4th c.), 1512 Mercator the Cartographer born. 1827 Laplace died.

            Thursday,

            March 6

            th. Moon Gemini.

             1274 Thomas Aquinas died. 1475 Michelangelo born. 1520 Australia was discovered. 1787 Fraunhofer born.

            Friday,

            March 7

            th. Moon Gemini.

             Felicity and Perpetua (Christian martyrs under the Emperor Severus, thrown to wild beasts in Alexandria).

            (Message over 64 KB, truncated)