Re: [steiner] Irina Gordienko et al

  • LilOleMissy
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2005
      Pierre Gringoire wrote:
      > One book is written by Irina Gordienko: "Sergej
      > Prokofieff - myth and reality" (Lochmann-Verlag).

      This issue has been rumbling on for some time now.  I avoided reading Gordienko's book because I thought it was (yet another) display of paralyzing introversion resulting from factionalism within the Society.  But maybe, yet again, I am wrong.  Perhaps Gordienko had a point to make and one that is important enough to be given consideration.

      Is there anyone on this list who has read the book and can post a summary of it here.  I am not really interested in hearing 'arguments about the argument' or indignant splutterings from one faction or another; just a straight-forward account of what Gordienko had to say about Prokofieff and why she regarded her views to be important enough to write a book about it.  Anyone?

      Pierre, in all fairness, you should read Gordienko's book yourself. Any summary might be colored by another's interpretation. As the old saying goes, "I want it straight from the horse's mouth," meaning no irreverence to Gordienko or anyone else, but that each of us must discern these matters for ourselves.