Re: [steiner] Re: Lent and baptism

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2005
      In a message dated 2/7/2005 8:39:54 AM Eastern Standard Time, sarahwh@... writes:

      Starman,
      Could you please say something about why today we baptise babies not adults?
      Sarah

      ********I think it was an outgrowth of Christianity----in other words, since the coming of Christ had now permanently changed the human soul so that it did not have to go through an extreme death/rebirth experience in each life, but rather could undergo initiation within ordinary daily life, it became something done for babies as a reminder of John and ancient initiation. It was sort of a way of saying that had already been done for us when we start life now.

      -starman
      www.DrStarman.net