Soul-Calendar, 48th Week after Easter

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2005

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation AQUARIUS from Feb. 9th through Mar. 8th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the WATER-MAN in the original Soul-Calendar, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 4 8  *
      Im Lichte, das aus Weltenhöhen
      Der Seele machtvoll fliessen will,
      Erscheine, lösend Seelenrätsel
      Des Weltendenkens Sicherheit,
      Versammelnd seiner Strahlen Macht
      Im Menschenherzen Liebe weckend.

      Light, that out of World-Heights
      The Soul mightily would flow into,
      Appears, solving Soul-Riddles
      By the World-Thinking's Certainty,
      And joining its rays of Might
      To Man's Heart, Love awakens.

      Interpretation of this week's mantra:
        We are heading towards spring, when our inner selves once more go to 'sleep', while the Earth instead awakens.
         Last week, we felt, by working with the mantra, Joy in the growth seen in Nature, our thinking prepared through the Divine to receive the revelations of this new life.
         This week, we wish to flow out into the growing Light of the Sun which we feel resolving all the World-Riddles, and this awakens Love in our hearts.

                                                  **********************************

      Sunday, March 6th.  Moon Aquarius.  1274 Thomas Aquinas died. 1475 Michelangelo born. 1520 Australia was discovered. 1787 Fraunhofer born.

      Monday, March 7th. Moon Aquarius. Felicitas u. Perpetua (Christian martyr under the Emperor Severus, thrown to wild beasts in Alexandria).

      Tuesday, March 8th. Moon Pisces.  Philemon (companion of Paul).

      Wednesday, March 9th. Moon Pisces.  Cyril and Methodius (Greek monks, in the 10th century proclaimed Christendom in Bulgaria and Eastern Europe. Cyril is inventor of the Slav letter-script and translated the Bible into Slavic). Gregory of Nyssa 4th century. 1758 Phrenologist Gall born.

      Thursday, March 10th. Moon Pisces. New Moon. Alexander (contended in the 4th century for the Athanasian confession against the Arian). Day of Remembrance of Mary Magdalene.

      Friday, March 11th. Moon Aries. Attalus (Christian teacher, worked in the 2nd century in France). 1544 Tasso born. 1811 Leverrier born.

      Saturday, March 12th. Moon Aries.
      Gregory (famous Pope of the 6th century, Introducer of Choral-Singing). 1365 University of Vienna founded.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.net