Soul-Calendar, Week 46

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2005
      ******* Sorry to be late with this week's Calendar.      -starman

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation AQUARIUS from Feb. 9th through Mar. 8th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the WATER-MAN in the original Soul-Calendar, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 4 7  *
      Es will erstehet aus dem Weltenschoss
      Die Sinnenschein erquickend, Werdelust.
      Sie finde meines Denkens Kraft
      Gerüstet durch die Gotteskraft
      Die kräftig mir im Innern leben.

      There will arise out of the World-Womb
      The Senses' shine to quicken, Growth-Joy.
      It shall find my Thinking's Force
      Prepared through the Gods' Forces
      That forcefully in my Inner self live.

      This week's mantra:
      We are heading towards spring, when our inner selves once more go to sleep while the Earth awakens. Last week, we felt by working with the mantra how the surging new life in the outer world would have benumbed our souls if the force of Memory hadn't come in to play its proper role. This week, we feel how we find joy in that growth, and that our thinking is well prepared through the Divine to receive the world's revelations of new life.

                                                  **********************************

      Sunday, February 27th.  Moon Libra.  Ernst Renan born 1823. Martialis (acted for the spreading of Christendom in Gallien in the 3rd century).

      Monday, February 28th. Moon Scorpio. Montaigne (the Skeptic) born 1533. Leander (Christian author).

      Tuesday, March 1st. Moon Scorpio.  Alcuin (teacher of Charlemagne, Christian author). 399 before Christ Socrates takes the poison. Swidbertus (conveyor of Christendom to the Frisians).

      Wednesday, March 2nd. Moon Sagittarius.  321 A.D. The celebration of Sunday begins to become common.

      Thursday, March 3rd. Moon Sagittarius. Last Quarter. Kunigunder (husband Heinrich I).

      Friday, March 4th. Moon Sagittarius. Leopold van Buch, Geologist, died 1853.

      Saturday, March 5th. Moon Capricorn.
       Eusebius (Christian writer of Caesarea in the 4th c.), 1512 Mercator the Cartographer born. 1827 Laplace died.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.net