Mathew's Apocryphon

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2005
      The new-age movement, in our lifetime, will merge with Islam. They
      will not, of course, merge with the archaic forms prevailing in the
      Middle East, but will assume an advanced form associated with Sufi
      Islam, clothed and dressed for contemporary, cosmopolitan man. Sufi-
      ism is an eclectic branch of Islam, considered esoteric,
      intellectual and considerably more spiritual than traditional
      schools. The merger is unavoidable because it has already begun.
      Islam is a distinctly Magian current of thought that aggressively
      rejects the idea of Christ as the Son of God, and the implications
      this Christian theology has on every aspect of our lives. At its
      most basic core, in the Magian world view, human beings experience
      thought and will only as "effects" on their consciousness, not as
      prime realities; thought and will are "brought upon" them by God.
      God descends upon man, raises him up, denies him, embraces him, and
      illuminates him, according to the will of a detached, enigmatic
      Power. Science mimics the Arabic impulse by removing human
      perception from the reality of the universe, this in order to
      achieve a perfectly objective model of the universe, as if
      individual perception and reality can be separated. We see the same
      current of thought in religion when it strives to reduce God to an
      impersonal Force, as if god were some vast semiotic energy field and
      nothing more. Arabism is one of the dominant impulses in western
      culture, and has been ever since the Holy Wars. To ignore the
      Islamic/Arabic impulse prevailing in our contemporary culture is to
      be unconscious of the times we live in.