RE: [steiner] Chartres

  • eyecueco@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 16, 2005
      Hi Sarah,

      Steiner wrote on the School of Chartres rather than the Cathedral. You will find
      very little written anthroposophically other than a small and most unsatisfactory
      book, imo, by the anthropop from Colo. who recently died, and who name is
      currently escaping me. (I'm sure I'll remember it as soon as I send this off. Lol.)

      One cannot understand either the School of Chartres or the Cathedral without
      getting into the history of the time, the Middle Age consciousness and the task
      of that time. We are talking here about St. Bernard, Abalard and many,
      many others.

      I will recommend two titles:
      Try finding a copy of the out of print, but, fascinating "The Mysteries of Chartres Cathedral. by Louis Charpentier. You won't be sorry for the effort.

      Then there is a wonderful little book, "The story of Chartres" by Cecil Headlam written in
      1902 and reprinted in 1930. You should be able to get through your library.

      You would enjoy both of these.
      Headlam's book was written in a saner time when mankind still have a brain left
      and is filled with soul enriching stories of the history, the builders, the school of
      Chartres and the miracles involving the Virgin.
      Charpentier's book will blow your mind as it has to do with the esoteric mystery
      of the structure (Steiner would have loved it, I think.)

      Btw, no one has ever been allowed to be buried on the mound. It is strictly the
      Madonna's domain (the Black Virgin and the site of Chartres can be traced back
      to the Druids.

      More, if you are interested. I spent my summer a few years back doing nothing but researching Chartres and the 11 circuit labyrinth.

      I have a dream of going to Chartres in early June some day on a specific date (can't remember
      but think it is the 20th) and standing in a certain location in order to see the light
      shine in through a certain hole in a certain odd stone.
      Oh how I'd love to walk that labyrinth now that I've done so much research on it!
      I doubt I'll ever make it.

      Oh, btw, be sure to go down to to the old crypt.

      Paulina

      Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

      Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

    • sarah
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 17, 2005
        Thank you Paulina! I have written down the names of those books and will get hold of them. Are there any good websites?

        Sarah
        Dolls and Cooperative Boardgames;
        http://www.geocities.com/harmonytoys/index.htm
      • sarah
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 18, 2005
          Hi Sheila,
          I still couldn't find any matches for "The Karma of the Anthroposophical Movement"!
          Thanks so much anyway :-)
          Sarah
          Dolls and Cooperative Boardgames;
          http://www.geocities.com/harmonytoys/index.htm
        • LilOleMissy
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 18, 2005
            --- sarah <sarahwh@...> wrote:

            > Hi Sheila,
            > I still couldn't find any matches for "The Karma of
            > the Anthroposophical Movement"!
            > Thanks so much anyway :-)
            > Sarah
            > Dolls and Cooperative Boardgames;
            > http://www.geocities.com/harmonytoys/index.htm>

            Sarah, you are so very welcome for any help I'm able
            to give or offer. It seems to me you may have to try
            to borrow this particular work under the title of
            "Karmic Relationships" VOL III and I so hope there is
            a Group close enough to you from which you can have
            access to this work. It is far more than a "karmic"
            subject as compared to the other volumes incorporated
            in this series [from Vol I through Vol VIII] and would
            allow you an enormously important foundation upon
            which to stand when actually visiting this critically
            important site. If memory serves, Steiner speaks of
            its physical architecture [in the shape of the Cross]
            as well as his own impressions upon visiting this
            Cathedral which The School of Chartres [around the
            11th - 12th century et al] in conjunction with the
            actual Cathedral itself brought to him, since the two,
            physical structure of Chartres plus the role of the
            School of Chartres, played out within the confines an
            exceedingly critical role for the future of not only
            mankind but the Christ and the Spiritual Worlds as
            well.

            Blessings,

            Sheila

            I so hope there is a Group near enugh to your location
            to allow you to borrow a copy

            =====
            -Those who cannot hear the music think that the
            dancer is mad.
          • eyecueco@netscape.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 20, 2005
              "sarah" <sarahwh@...> wrote:

              >Thank you Paulina! I have written down the names of those books and will get hold of them. Are there any good websites?

              Not sure what's out the anymore, Sarah.
              Haven't looked in a while.