Chartres

  • sarah
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 16, 2005
      Hi Sheila,
      Thank you for your reply, but I could not find it in the elib under that heading either.
      Sarah
      Dolls and Cooperative Boardgames;
      http://www.geocities.com/harmonytoys/index.htm
    • LilOleMissy
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 16, 2005
        Dear Sarah,

        "Karmic Relationships Vol. III" is third in the series of "Karmic Relationships" Vols. I - VIII, but this particular volume used to be known as "The Karma of the Anthroposophical Movement", so perhaps you might find the lectures under that title. If not, is there anyone you might be able to borrow the lectures from? They are of critical importance for anyone interested in Steiner's work and what it means. I'm sorry not to be able to suggest any other resource other than perhaps buying the work. I so wish you all the best in your search!

        Cheers!

        Sheila

      • eyecueco@netscape.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 16, 2005
          Hi Sarah,

          Steiner wrote on the School of Chartres rather than the Cathedral. You will find
          very little written anthroposophically other than a small and most unsatisfactory
          book, imo, by the anthropop from Colo. who recently died, and who name is
          currently escaping me. (I'm sure I'll remember it as soon as I send this off. Lol.)

          One cannot understand either the School of Chartres or the Cathedral without
          getting into the history of the time, the Middle Age consciousness and the task
          of that time. We are talking here about St. Bernard, Abalard and many,
          many others.

          I will recommend two titles:
          Try finding a copy of the out of print, but, fascinating "The Mysteries of Chartres Cathedral. by Louis Charpentier. You won't be sorry for the effort.

          Then there is a wonderful little book, "The story of Chartres" by Cecil Headlam written in
          1902 and reprinted in 1930. You should be able to get through your library.

          You would enjoy both of these.
          Headlam's book was written in a saner time when mankind still have a brain left
          and is filled with soul enriching stories of the history, the builders, the school of
          Chartres and the miracles involving the Virgin.
          Charpentier's book will blow your mind as it has to do with the esoteric mystery
          of the structure (Steiner would have loved it, I think.)

          Btw, no one has ever been allowed to be buried on the mound. It is strictly the
          Madonna's domain (the Black Virgin and the site of Chartres can be traced back
          to the Druids.

          More, if you are interested. I spent my summer a few years back doing nothing but researching Chartres and the 11 circuit labyrinth.

          I have a dream of going to Chartres in early June some day on a specific date (can't remember
          but think it is the 20th) and standing in a certain location in order to see the light
          shine in through a certain hole in a certain odd stone.
          Oh how I'd love to walk that labyrinth now that I've done so much research on it!
          I doubt I'll ever make it.

          Oh, btw, be sure to go down to to the old crypt.

          Paulina

          Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

          Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

        • sarah
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 17, 2005
            Thank you Paulina! I have written down the names of those books and will get hold of them. Are there any good websites?

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 18, 2005
              Hi Sheila,
              I still couldn't find any matches for "The Karma of the Anthroposophical Movement"!
              Thanks so much anyway :-)
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 18, 2005
                --- sarah <sarahwh@...> wrote:

                > Hi Sheila,
                > I still couldn't find any matches for "The Karma of
                > the Anthroposophical Movement"!
                > Thanks so much anyway :-)
                > Sarah
                > Dolls and Cooperative Boardgames;
                > http://www.geocities.com/harmonytoys/index.htm>

                Sarah, you are so very welcome for any help I'm able
                to give or offer. It seems to me you may have to try
                to borrow this particular work under the title of
                "Karmic Relationships" VOL III and I so hope there is
                a Group close enough to you from which you can have
                access to this work. It is far more than a "karmic"
                subject as compared to the other volumes incorporated
                in this series [from Vol I through Vol VIII] and would
                allow you an enormously important foundation upon
                which to stand when actually visiting this critically
                important site. If memory serves, Steiner speaks of
                its physical architecture [in the shape of the Cross]
                as well as his own impressions upon visiting this
                Cathedral which The School of Chartres [around the
                11th - 12th century et al] in conjunction with the
                actual Cathedral itself brought to him, since the two,
                physical structure of Chartres plus the role of the
                School of Chartres, played out within the confines an
                exceedingly critical role for the future of not only
                mankind but the Christ and the Spiritual Worlds as
                well.

                Blessings,

                Sheila

                I so hope there is a Group near enugh to your location
                to allow you to borrow a copy

                =====
                -Those who cannot hear the music think that the
                dancer is mad.
              • eyecueco@netscape.net
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 20, 2005
                  "sarah" <sarahwh@...> wrote:

                  >Thank you Paulina! I have written down the names of those books and will get hold of them. Are there any good websites?

                  Not sure what's out the anymore, Sarah.
                  Haven't looked in a while.