Soul-Calendar, Week 44 after Easter

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 13, 2005

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CAPRICORNUS from Feb. 9th through Mar. 8th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the WATER-MAN in the original Soul-Calendar, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 4 5  *
      Es festigt sich Gedankenmacht
      Im Bunde mit der Geistgeburt,
      Sie hellt der Sinne dumpfe Reize
      Zur vollen Klarheit auf.
      Wenn Seelenfülle
      Sich mit dem Weltenwerden einen will,
      Muss Sinnesoffenbarung
      Des Denkens Licht empfangen.

      Fast is Thinking's Might
      In Union with the Spirit-Birth,
      It brightens the senses' dim risings
      To full Clarity.
      When Soul-fulfillment
      With World-Becoming would become one,
      Must Senses' revelation
      Thinking's Light receive.

      Interpretation of this week's mantra:
          Last week, as we head towards spring when our inner selves once more go to sleep while the Earth awakens, stirrings of life in the wakening outer world combined with our wills as we continued to unfold the 'spirit-birth' achieved at Christmas. This week, the power of thinking unites with what was born in us at Christmas to make clear to us all of the early spring stirrings of new life in the external world. In order for the Soul's fullness of experience to unite with this "becoming" of Nature, we must unite our thinking to our perceptions.

                                                  **********************************

      Sunday, February 13th.  Moon Taurus.  1883 Richard Wagner died.

      Monday, February 14th. Moon Taurus. First Quarter. Seafarer Cook killed 1779. Nees v. Esenbeck, Botanist, born 1776.

      Tuesday, February 15th. Moon Taurus. Galilei Born 1564. Lessing died 1781.

      Wednesday, February 16th. Moon Gemini. Ernst Haeckel born 1834.

      Thursday, February 17th. Moon Gemini. Giordano Bruno burned 1600. Olcott died 1907.

      Friday, February 18th. Moon Cancer. Luther died 1546. Michelangelo died 1564. Volta born 1745.

      Saturday, February 19th. Moon Cancer.
      Copernicus born 1473. 1700, Acceptance of the Gregorian Calendar by the Protestants.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2010
      • 1 Attachment
      • 17 KB

           The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                                       *** ********* ********* ***
                             THE ZODIAC IMAGE
         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation AQUARIUS from February 9th to March 8th  in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the WATER-BEARER from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 4 4  *

      Ergriefend neue Sinnesreize

      Erfühlet Seelenklarheit,

      Eingedenk vollzogener Geistgeburt,

      Verwirren sprossend Weltenwerden

      Mit meines Denkens Schöpferwillen.

      Grasping the new sense-arisings

      Filling Soul's Clarity,

      Mindful of acheived Spirit-Birth,

      Connecting the sprouting World-Becoming

      With my Thinking’s Shaping-Will.

      An interpretation of this week's mantra based on working with the verse:

          We are beginning this week to head towards spring, when our inner selves once more
sleep while the Earth awakens. This week, the first stirrings of life in the 'wakening' outer wintry world combine with our wills as we continue to unfold the "spirit-birth" achieved at Christmas deep in the inner self.

                THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, February 7th. Moon Sagittarius.

       1446 Columbus born.

      Monday,  February 8th. Moon Sagittarius

       Solomon, King of Israel. Leyden University founded 1575. David Friedrich Strauss died 1874.

      Tuesday,  February 9th. Moon Capricorn.

      Apollonia, Christian martyr in Alexandria in the 3rd century.

      Wednesday,  February 10th. Moon Capricorn.

      Theophany of Paul on the Way to Damascus. 1847 Edison born. 1755 Montesquieu died.

      .

      Thursday,  February 11th. Moon Aquarius.

      1650 Descartes died.

       .

      Friday,   February 12th. Moon Aquarius.

      1804 Kant died. 1809 Darwin born.

      Saturday,   February 13th. Moon Aquarius. New Moon.

      1883 Richard Wagner died.

                                                ***** ********* *

      PLANETS in the Night Sky:

      Bright yellowish-red MARS rises in the East as the sun sets in the West. It's at its closest approach to the earth now, in its 'retrograde loop'.

      SATURN rises in the East about 10 P.M.

      Message 3 of 4 , Feb 19, 2012
      • 1 Attachment
      • 17 KB

         The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

              THE ZODIAC IMAGE
          The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation AQUARIUS from Feb. 9th  through  Mar. 8th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the WATER-MAN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of magenta, is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 44 *

      Ergriefend neue Sinnesreize

      Erfühlet Seelenklarheit,

      Eingedenk vollzogener Geistgeburt,

      Verwirren sprossend Weltenwerden

      Mit meines Denkens Schöpferwillen.

      Grasping new sense-arisings

      Fulfilling Soul-Clarity,

      Mindful of achieved Spirit-Birth,

      Connecting the sprouting World-Becoming

      With my Thinking’s Shaping-Will.

            We are heading towards spring and summer, when the outer Earth awakens. This week, stirrings of life in this wakening outer world combine with our wills as we continue to unfold the "spirit-birth" achieved at Christmas.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, February 19th. Moon Aquarius. Copernicus born 1473. 1700, Acceptance of the Gregorian Calendar by the Protestants.

      Monday,  February 20th. Moon Aquarius.  Voltaire born 1694.

      Tuesday, February 21st. Moon Pisces. New Moon. Spinoza died 1677.

      Wednesday,  February 22nd. Moon Pisces Papias (Disciple of the Apostles, died as a martyr 116 A.D.) Schopenhauer born 1788.

      Thursday,  February 23rd. Moon Aries. Lazarus (the poor man in the Gospel). Lazarus (who as described in John’s Gospel by Christ was awakened). Mathematician Gauss died 1855. Eduard von Hartmann born 1842.

      Friday,  February 24th. Moon Aries.  Matthias the Apostle, chosen in Judas’ place).    Gutenberg died 1468.

      Saturday,  February 25th. Moon Aries.    2/25  Cellini died 1571.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

          "Evening star" Venus can be seen in the west at sunset. Jupiter is the bright "star" higher up in the sky. Venus is approaching it and they will be conjunct by the end of the month. The moon will be seen near Venus Friday at sunset and then appear between them Saturday night.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

         Reddish Mars rises in the East before midnight and is visible in the southern sky until sunrise, to the east of the Lion.  It is approaching as close as it ever gets to earth in its orbit, so it will brighten to yellowish-red and turn retrograde in the sky, meaning it will appear to stay near the same stars it is near now for most of the coming spring and summer, in fact returning to the stars of the Lion is passed through this fall.

      FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the 16th mantra today.

      Message 4 of 4 , Jan 26, 2014

             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CAPRICORNUS from January 5th through February 8th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the GOAT-FISH from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of 'magenta' we cannot yet see, is attached to this e-mail.

                                            * MANTRA # 44  *

        Ergriefend neue Sinnesreize

        Erfühlet Seelenklarheit,

        Eingedenk vollzogener Geistgeburt,

        Verwirren sprossend Weltenwerden

        Mit meines Denkens Schöpferwillen.

        Grasping new sense-arisings

        Filling Soul-Clarity,

        Mindful of acheived Spirit-Birth,

        Entangling sprouting World-Becoming

        With my Thinking’s Shaping-Will.

           We are heading towards spring and summer, when our inner selves once more go to "sleep" while the Earth instead awakens. This week, the first stirrings of life in the wakening outer world combine with our wills as we continue to unfold the "spirit-birth" achieved at Christmas.

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, January 26th. Moon Sagittarius. Polycarp (Pupil of the Evangelist John, taken to Smyrna in old age and burned to death in the year 169).

        Monday, January 27th. Moon Capricorn.
         John Chrysostom (Bishop to Constantinople, operated under Emperor Eudoxia, sharply censured him morally, burned 407). Mozart born 1756. Schelling born 1775. 1814 Fichte died. 1808 David Friedrich Strauss born.

        Tuesday, January 28th. Moon Capricorn.
          Day of Remembrance of Charlemagne (died 814).

        Wednesday,  January 29th. Moon Aquarius.
         Constantine the Great (first Christian Roman Emperor, baptized shortly before his death in 312 A.D.). Theobald (advanced Christianity in England in the 13th century).

        Thursday, January 30th. Moon Aquarius. New Moon.
            Alexander.

        Friday  January 31st. Moon Pisces.
        Marcella. Petrus Nolascenus.

        Saturday,  February 1st. Moon Pisces.  Brigid, patron saint of Ireland, died 500. Ignatius (pupil of the Evangelist John, by command of the Emperor Trajan torn apart by wild animals).

        ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

          In the East, brilliant Jupiter rises next to the Twins at sunset.