Soul-Calendar, Week 44

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 6, 2005
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CAPRICORNUS from Jan. 5th through Feb. 8th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the SEA-GOAT in the original Soul-Calendar, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 4 4  *
      Ergriefend neue Sinnesreize
      Erfühlet Seelenklarheit,
      Eingedenk vollzogener Geistgeburt,
      Verwirren sprossend Weltenwerden
      Mit meines Denkens Schöpferwillen.

      Grasping new sense-arisings
      That fill the Soul with Clarity,
      Mindful of acheived Spirit-Birth,
      There mingles sprouting World-Becoming
      With my Thinking's Shaping-Will.

      This week's mantra:
         We are heading towards spring and summer, when our inner selves once more sleep while the Earth awakens.
         This week, stirrings of life in the wakening outer world combine with our conscious wills as we continue to unfold the spirit-birth acheived at Christmas.

                                                  **********************************

      Sunday, February 6th.  Moon Capricorn.  1807 Abolition of Slavery in England.

      Monday, February 7th. Moon Aquarius.   1446 Columbus born.

      Tuesday, February 8th. Moon Aquarius. New Moon.  Solomon, King of Israel. Leyden University founded 1575. David Friedrich Strauss died 1874.

      Wednesday, February 9th. Moon Pisces. Apollonia, Christian martyr in Alexandria in the 3rd century.

      Thursday, February 10th. Moon Pisces.  Theophany of Paul on the Way to Damascus. 1847 Edison born. 1755 Montesquieu died.

      Friday, February 11th. Moon Aries. 1650 Descartes died.

      Saturday, February 12th. Moon Aries.
      1804 Kant died. 1809 Darwin born.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2008

        Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

        These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

        Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CAPRICORN from January 5th to February 8th in our era.
        A version of a new symbolic image of the SEA-GOAT (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

         *  M A N T R A  # 4 4  *

        Ergriefend neue Sinnesreize

        Erfühlet Seelenklarheit,

        Eingedenk vollzogener Geistgeburt,

        Verwirren sprossend Weltenwerden

        Mit meines Denkens Schöpferwillen.

        Grasping new sense-arisings

        Filling the Soul-Clarity,

        Mindful of acheived Spirit-Birth,

        Enmeshing sprouting World-Becoming

        With my Thinking’s Shaping-Will.

        This week's mantra:
        We are heading towards spring and summer, when our inner selves once more sleep while the Earth awakens.

        This week, stirrings of life in the wakening
        outer world combine with our wills as we continue to unfold the spirit-birth acheived at Christmas.

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

        Sunday, February 3rd. Moon Capricorn.  Ansgarius (brought Christianity to the Swedes and Danes in the 9th century).

        Monday, February 4th. Moon Capricorn.  Phileas (worker for Christianity in Egypt in the 4th century).

        Tuesday, February 5th. Moon Aquarius. Thomas Carlyle died 1881.

        Wednesday February 6th. Moon Aquarius. New Moon.  1807 Abolition of Slavery in England.

        Thursday, February 7th. Moon Pisces.  1446 Columbus born.

        Friday, February 8th. Moon Pisces. Solomon, King of Israel. Leyden University founded 1575. David Friedrich Strauss died 1874.

        Saturday, February 9th. Moon Pisces. Apollonia, Christian martyr in Alexandria in the 3rd century.

        PLANETS IN THE NIGHT & MORNING SKY (Northern Hemisphere):

           MARS rises in the East at sunset, to the north of the stars of Orion the Hunter. It is bright yellowish-red, now near the Bull's horns.

            Yellowish SATURN rises in the East before midnight, beneath the Lion, south of the Big Dipper.

            VENUS and JUPITER, the brightest objects in the sky besides Sun and Moon, can be seen as brilliant 'morning stars' in the southeast from about an hour before sunrise on till dawn, next to the stars of the Scorpion in the south. The waning crescent Moon joins them on Monday morning, so the 3 brightest things in the sky after the sun will all be together in the East before sunrise.