the nightly review or the "ruekshau"

  • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2005
      AOL Email
      I have searched all over the internet for a history on this exercise and am trying to do research on it.  Any helpers out here???? I am having no luck.   I would love it if you sent me in the right direction?  Thanks in advance!  Chantel

      To be alone without the gods~that is death. ~Holderlin
    • LilOleMissy

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6, 2005
          AOL Email
          Thanks Sheila,  I was just wanting some more information on it.  I thought maybe Steiner had mentioned it in some lecture and what not.  I am done with my assignment now anyway.  I had enough to go on.  In "Start Now" there is a section on it.  From what I remember it was a Rosicrucian practice.  The backward review, reverse order exercise.  It is another exercise to supplement the basic six exercises.  Thank you for always being so helpful.  L&L, Chantel

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 6, 2005
            You're so very welcome, Chantel, and I'm very glad you've found an
            answer. From what little I understand, it seems to me the "backward
            review" predates what we might call history, having been at one time,
            so to say, a "natural" component of mankind's inherent thought process.
            And you're right that Steiner did indeed mention it ["Inner Nature of
            Man and the Life Between Death and Rebirth"] and I was really very slow
            in making the proper connection, let alone its enormous importance.

            BTW, I like your signature very much! :)

            Cheers!

            Sheila

            --Those who cannot hear the music think that the dancer is mad.