CALENDAR OF THE SOUL, WEEK 42

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2005

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CAPRICORNUS from Jan. 5th through Feb. 8th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the SEA-GOAT in the original Soul-Calendar, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 4 2  *
      Es ist in diesem Winterdunkel
      Die offenbarung eigner krafte
      Der Seele starker Trieb,
      In Finsternisse sie zu lenken,
      Und ahnend vorzufühlen
      Durch Herzenswärme Sinnesoffenbarung.

      It is, in this Winter-dimness,
      To reveal its own Strength
      The Soul's strong Drive,
      In Darkness so to lead,
      And feeling full of presentiment
      Through Heart's Warmth, of the Senses' Revelation.

      Interpretation of this week's mantra:

        Last week's verse, when worked with, led us to feel how the power working
      in the foundation of the soul strove outward, so that divine forces could
      pour themselves into what we create, both in our love and in our work.
        This week we feel the strong drive to continue unfolding this power, and this
      gives us within our hearts a prophetic sensing of the reality to come in the
      coming spring and summer, when our inner selves will once more 'sleep' while the
      earth will awaken.

                                                  **********************************

      Sunday, January 23rd.  Moon  Cancer.  Wedding Anniversary of Mary & Joseph.

      Monday, January  24th. Moon Leo. Day of St. Timothy (School of Paul, stoned to death in Ephesus because of his preaching against the worship of Diana).

      Tuesday, January 25th. Moon Leo. Full Moon.  Anniversary of Paul's Conversion on the Way to Damascus. Philosopher Jacobi born 1743.

      Wednesday, January 26th. Moon Leo. Polycarp (School of the Evangelist John, taken to Smyrna in old age and burned to death in the year 169).

      Thursday, January 27th. Moon Virgo. John Chrysostom (Bishop to Constantinople, operated under Emperor Eudoxia, sharply censured him morally, burned 407). Mozart born 1756. Schelling born 1775. 1814 Fichte died. 1808 David Friedrich Strauss born.

      Friday, January 28th. Moon Virgo. Day of Remembrance of Charlemagne (died 814).

      Saturday, January 29th. Moon Libra.
      Constantine the Great (first Christian Roman Emperor, baptized shortly before his death in 312 A.D.). Theobald (advanced Christianity in England in the 13th century).

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.net