riddle

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 17, 2005
      There is a bull charging into an abyss. The horns go in; the head
      goes in; the front legs go in; the torso and hind legs go in. But,
      that tail, it just won't go in. Why?

      ANSWERE:

      Like a "closed universe", the physics of the Abyss is without END.
      The bull would keep entering forever and ever. Unfortunately, a
      visible-observable-tangible gateway into a boundless-infinite state
      is a logical contradiction. The one would engulf the other. So it
      would be damn difficult to prove the contradiction in materialistic
      terms.

      PS: I'm open to other explanations of the riddle.

      Mathew Morrell
      www.kcpost.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6, 2005
        Well, I still need help on the 4-dimensional tunnel riddle. How
        would you escape a tunnel in four space so that you can get home in
        time to take your daughter to ballet class?
      • eyecueco@netscape.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 7, 2005
          "Mathew Morrell" <tma4cbt@...> wrote:

          >Well, I still need help on the 4-dimensional tunnel riddle.  How
          >would you escape a tunnel in four space so that you can get home in
          >time to take your daughter to ballet class?

          Well, I don't think that there is a 4th dimension in terms of space/time.

          When I was teaching my students the Elements and Principles of Design
          and we can to the unit on Dimension I used to give the following example:

          1-D is like the singular point made when you make a dot on paper with
          a pen or pencil.
          2-D is what happens when you begin moving the pencil or pen on the paper
          3-D doesn't happen there, on the paper, because we are dealing with only
          the length and width (measurable length and width)of the moving line, and
          the paper.
          On 2-D space you can only create the 'illusion' of some thing that is 3-D.
          But, take a book in your hand and you have 1-D and 2-D on the pages,
          i.e., measurable L + W + D.

          4-D could maybe be considered what happens in another orientation other than
          the 3-D world we live in, i.e., when we read the words on the pages we create
          anothe dimension that is mental. The 4th dimension would be mental navigation,
          not spatial.

          I'm not at all opposed to the idea of multiple, parallel universes, but, I think in
          terms of how the current string theory works these parallel universes would still
          be only manifested three dimensionally.

          Paulina

          Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

          Netscape. Just the Net You Need.