Soul-Calendar, Week 41

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2005

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra on Easter Sunday.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos, plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.
         Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete 'astrosophical' form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CAPRICORNUS from Jan. 5th through Feb. 8th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the SEA-GOAT in the original Soul-Calendar, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 4 1  *
      Der Seele Schaffensmacht,
      Sie strebet aus dem Herzensgrunde,
      Im Menschenleben Gotterkräft
      Zu rechtem Wirken zu entflammen,
      Sich selber zu gestalten
      Im Menschenliebe und im Menschenwerke.

      The Soul's Shaping-Might
      It strives from out of Heart's Ground,
      In Man's Life Godly Stength
      To righteous Work to enflame,
      So itself to form
      In Man's Love and in Man's Work.

      Interpretation:  Last week's mantra, when worked with, led us to feel how our selfhood, which would otherwise remain illusionary, was made real by the fiery power of the World-Word, through Love.
         This week, this power working in the foundation of the soul strives outward, so that these fiery divine forces can pour themselves into what we create, both in our love and in our work.

                                                  **********************************

      Sunday, January 16th.  Moon Aries. First Quarter.   Faustus (lived in Alexandria in 3rd century). Historical writer Gibbon died 1794.

      Monday, January  17Th. Moon Taurus. Benjamin Franklin born 1706.

      Tuesday, January 18th. Moon Taurus.  Montesquieu born 1689.

      Wednesday, January 19th. Moon Gemini.  James Watt born 1736.

      Thursday, January 20th. Moon Gemini.   Sebastian.

      Friday, January 21st. Moon Gemini.    Eusebius.

      Saturday, January 22nd. Moon Cancer.
      Francis Bacon von Verulam born 1561. Lessing born 1729.  Byron born 1788.  Ampere born 1775.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.net