Soul-Calendar, Week 40 After Easter

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2005

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra on Easter Sunday.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos, plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.
         Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete 'astrosophical' form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CAPRICORNUS from Jan. 5th through Feb. 8th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the SEA-GOAT in the original Soul-Calendar, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 4 0  *
      Und bin ich in den Geistestiefen,
      Erfüllt in meinen Seelengrunden
      Aus herzens Liebewelten,
      Der Eigenheiten leerer Wahn
      Sich mit dem Weltenwortes Feuerkraft.

      And when I am in the Spirit-Deeps,
      Fulfilled in my Soul's Ground
      Out of Heart's Love-World
      The selfhood's empty illusion
      Is with the World-Word's Fire-Strength.

        Last week we felt given over to the revelations coming from our inner Spirit to gain the experiencing of the Light that infuses the outer world, and the power of thinking (which we do with the Spirit) gave us the feeling of ourselves as a reality in the world. This week, this reality of selfhood, which would otherwise remain an illusion, is made real by the fiery power of the World-Word, through Love.

                                                  **********************************

      Sunday, January 9th.  Moon Capricorn.  Adrian, who brought Christianity to Norway in the 12th century.

      Monday, January  10th. Moon Capricorn. New Moon.  Linnaeus died 1778.

      Tuesday, January 11th. Moon Aquarius.  Friedrich von Schlegel died 1829.

      Wednesday, January 12th. Moon Aquarius.  Gottschalk, Christian King in the 11th century.

      Thursday, January 13th. Moon Pisces.  Bernard of Clairveaux.

      Friday, January 14th. Moon Pisces.   Reis, inventor of the telephone,  died 1874.

      Saturday, January 15th. Moon Aries.
      Macarius, celebrated Egyptian hermit of 4th century.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.net