Re: Hello

  • Sena Fernando
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 28, 2000
      --- In steiner@egroups.com, "Lorraine Jarvi" <ljarvi@p...> wrote:
      > I was surprised to find a Steiner category in e-groups and see that
      > it hasn't been in existance long. My children attended Waldorf
      > elementary schools and I have taught (for one year only) in a
      Waldorf
      > pre-k. It was enough time to develop a healthy respect for
      > anyone who works with 15, 3 1/2-year-olds and claims to enjoy it! I
      > have been studying Anthroposophy off and on since about
      > 1985. I have found it to be the most enlightening and fruitful
      study
      > I have yet encountered. I especially find the Threefold Social
      > Order information fascinating, because I feel it has so much to
      offer
      > and is so sadly ignored. I'm hoping someone else might join the
      > group who also has this interest.
      >
      > A little about me - I have been married for 19 years, and my husband
      > also studies Anthroposophy. He is more "scholarly" about it
      > than I, as he tends to have very disciplined philosophical
      > tendencies. There is a world of difference between the way
      I "study"
      > Steiner and the way he does, though we usually come to the same
      > conclusions and have a lot of fun stimulating each other's
      thinking.
      > We have 4 children, all teenagers. I'm currently an elementary
      > special education teacher in the public schools. Not surprisingly,
      > I'm not finding many people to talk with who are interested in
      > exploring an Anthroposophically-based developmental perspective
      > regarding children, so to channel my frustrations productively, I
      set
      > myself to the task of writing a paper containing no
      > Anthroposophical jargon that could give a broader or more
      enlightened
      > perspective on the problems and limitations of public
      > education. I've actually shared it with my principal and a couple of
      > other colleagues, and either get no response or a polite, but
      > nervous and tentative, acknowledgement. If the point isn't to
      > increase productivity or marketable skills, they just don't know
      what
      > to do with it. If anyone is interested in education issues and
      would
      > like to read it, I'd be happy to share.
      >
      > Hope to hear from someone soon -
      > Lorraine

      Hi Lorraine,
      Welcome to the group.It's so nice to make contact with people who
      are interested in Rudolf Steiner but are not fully paid-up members of
      the Anthroposophical Society! I may join the society at some time in
      the future, but at the moment I want to approach Steiner's ideas with
      an open mind and not feel pressurized to "beleive". From what I have
      read of Steiner I get the impression that this is what he himself
      would have wanted.
      I live in Bristol, England, but am originally from Sri Lanka. I
      have been working as a psychiatrist for 20 years. I am facing
      something of a crisis at the moment, suffering burn-out. I became
      interested in Steiner about three months ago when I read "The Tree of
      Life and the Holy Grail" by Sylvia Francke. I must say that I have
      not read any of his writings on education, but I have had
      conversations with people about the Waldorf School here in Bristol.
      I look forward to discussions with you and our other new member
      about Steiner's philosphy, although I probably won't be able to
      contribute much to discussions on education.
      Best wishes,
      Sena
      http://www.esotericlinks.com
    • Sarah Ford Elliott
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 22, 2001
        I have been lurking on this list for sometime without introducing myself.
        My name is Sarah Ford Elliott and I am a full time mother of 4 children
        living in Kent, England. My children go to the Steiner School near
        Canterbury. I have just started the London Waldorf Teacher Training Seminar
        and am enjoying it immensely. It would be wonderful to discuss a book on a
        list like this. I'm fairly new to anthroposophy (at least in this
        lifetime!), although with a degree in Theology I pick up on the ideas fairly
        quickly. Would "To Know Higher Worlds" be a possibility, or has it been
        done before or something?

        Yours,
        Sarah FE
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 23, 2001
          In a message dated 11/22/01 5:25:45 PM, sarah.fe@... writes:

          << I have been lurking on this list for sometime without introducing myself.
          My name is Sarah Ford Elliott and I am a full time mother of 4 children
          living in Kent, England. My children go to the Steiner School near
          Canterbury. I have just started the London Waldorf Teacher Training Seminar
          and am enjoying it immensely. It would be wonderful to discuss a book on a
          list like this. I'm fairly new to anthroposophy (at least in this
          lifetime!), although with a degree in Theology I pick up on the ideas fairly
          quickly. Would "To Know Higher Worlds" be a possibility, or has it been
          done before or something?

          Yours,
          Sarah FE >>

          *******I think that's a great idea, to take up the meditative path in general
          and Knowledge of the Higher Worlds in particular. We're starting to go
          through the Basic Books on the RudolfSteiner101 list (we're starting
          "Theosophy" very soon), and maybe it would be a good companion study. What do
          people on the list think?

          Starman
        • sncherry@home.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 23, 2001
            I would like to do Steiner's Gospel of Luke.

            (another) Sarah

            --- In steiner@y..., DRStarman2001@a... wrote:

            > In a message dated 11/22/01 5:25:45 PM, sarah.fe@v... writes:
            >
            > << I have been lurking on this list for sometime without
            introducing myself.
            > My name is Sarah Ford Elliott and I am a full time mother of 4 children
            > living in Kent, England. My children go to the Steiner School near
            > Canterbury. I have just started the London Waldorf Teacher Training
            Seminar
            > and am enjoying it immensely. It would be wonderful to discuss a
            book on a
            > list like this. I'm fairly new to anthroposophy (at least in this
            > lifetime!), although with a degree in Theology I pick up on the
            ideas fairly
            > quickly. Would "To Know Higher Worlds" be a possibility, or has it been
            > done before or something?
            >
            > Yours,
            > Sarah FE >>
            >
            > *******I think that's a great idea, to take up the meditative path
            in general
            > and Knowledge of the Higher Worlds in particular. We're starting to go
            > through the Basic Books on the RudolfSteiner101 list (we're starting
            > "Theosophy" very soon), and maybe it would be a good companion
            study. What do
            > people on the list think?
            >
            > Starman
          • KevinDockery
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 21, 2004
              Hello,
              I am Kevin Dockery the Director of the Foundation for the Advancment
              of Human Knowledge. I am new to this group, and I would like to
              introduce myself. I am very knowledgeable when it comes to training
              the mind and the development of our latent human capacities. I wish
              to become friends with the members of this group so that I may serve
              when it is time for me to serve, and learn when it is time for me to
              learn. I do not profess to know it all. Neither am I professing to
              be a master. I, however, am professing that when it comes to tapping
              into the hidden capacties of your heart I get to be one of the best.
              I am open to anyone who has something to offer.

              Sincerly,
              Kevin Dockery (The Director of the Foundation for the Advancement of
              Human Knolwedge. www.fahk.org.
            • KevinDockery
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 21, 2004

              • LilOleMissy@SBCglobal.net
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 21, 2004
                  Hello, KevinDockery,

                  I took the opportunity to visit your web site, and found it extremely
                  interesting. As a beginning introduction into the steiner group, I
                  wonder if you've been able to look into the work and some of the 6,000
                  lectures given by Rudolf Steiner? You might find much to recommend
                  itself to you and your group by undertaking the effort. Rudolf Steiner's
                  work is known as Anthroposophy, loosely translated as "knowledge of man
                  and his spirit," or "knowledge of the spiritual in man and mankind", a
                  knowledge far transcending that of the mind. As one trained in hard core
                  science, I feel myself extremely fortunate to have studied Steiner's
                  works for more than 40 years.

                  Welcome on board,

                  Sheila

                  KevinDockery wrote:

                  > Hello,
                  > I am Kevin Dockery the Director of the Foundation for the Advancment
                  > of Human Knowledge. I am new to this group, and I would like to
                  > introduce myself. I am very knowledgeable when it comes to training
                  > the mind and the development of our latent human capacities. I wish
                  > to become friends with the members of this group so that I may serve
                  > when it is time for me to serve, and learn when it is time for me to
                  > learn. I do not profess to know it all. Neither am I professing to
                  > be a master. I, however, am professing that when it comes to tapping
                  > into the hidden capacties of your heart I get to be one of the best.
                  > I am open to anyone who has something to offer.
                  >
                  > Sincerly,
                  > Kevin Dockery (The Director of the Foundation for the Advancement of
                  > Human Knolwedge. www.fahk.org.

                • Doctorstarman
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 1, 2004

                    Note: Use password to open archive.