Re: [steiner] Holy Nights Study

    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 24, 2004
      In a message dated 12/24/2004 5:28:51 PM Eastern Standard Time, sarahfe@... writes:

      > "The Christ-Impulse and the
      >Development of Ego-Consciousness" (7 lectures).

      This might be a good one to take. It would allow us almost 2 nights per
      lecture and therefore a more leisurely pace than in previous years.

      Sarah FE

      *******I had a similar thought.
      www.DrStarman.net
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 24, 2004
        ******* The Christ-Impulse and the Development of Ego-Consciousness (7 lectures) can be read online here:

        http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/ChristEgo/ChrEgo_index.html

        -starman
        www.DrStarman.net
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 19, 2005
             Just a reminder to the group that we traditionally take a book to study together over the 12 Holy Nights, and we haven't talked about it yet for this year. What might people like to study together? There are lots of Steiner's works available online at the Steiner e-library.

                                                                                  Starman
        • Kathy Landes
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 24, 2005

            Hey Starman,

            When are you heading back to the States?

            How’s everything been going? Did you find some of that brilliant paint that we talked about? Have you been doing any veil painting?

            I’m really looking forward to participating in the Holy Nights Study. Have you gotten any suggestions yet?

            I will be nice to hear from you.

            Take care,

            Kat

            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 2, 2006
              Well, there were 2 lecture cycles on the Gospel of St. John, both in 1908.
              The most well-known ones were in Hamburg, in May 1908 I believe. I think
              they are available to read for free on the Steiner e-library, and they're an
              excellent lecture cycle for beginners. I have them in English and also the
              German original. That would certainly be a good choice to study.

              Just a note the St. John lectures are free and online.  I printed them out about three or more years ago.  Not sure if you can still print them out though.  Its worth trying.  I studied these when I started in anthroposophy they are great for beginners.  ~Chantel

              "The genuine practitioners of the love of and the search for wisdom will be but a small remnant... Those who belong to this small class have tasted how sweet and blessed a possession of philosophy is." Plato, The Commonwealth IV
              Message 6 of 19 , Dec 15, 2006
                *******Unfortunately I remembered wrongly that the lectures on the Gospel of
                St. John (Hamburg, May 1908) are at the Steiner e-library. They are not
                there.
                We did them for the 12 Holy Nights in 2000, but members put summaries of
                each chapter here, not the text. You can find these in the group's Files
                section, messages #320 forward: if people would still like to do that
                lecture cycle, it might be interesting to see what members wrote about them
                6 years ago. But the lectures themselves are apparently not online.

              • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
                Message 7 of 19 , Dec 17, 2006
                  In a message dated 12/15/2006 9:43:13 P.M. Central Standard Time, DrStarman@... writes:
                  *******Unfortunately I remembered wrongly that the lectures on the Gospel of
                  St. John (Hamburg, May 1908) are at the Steiner e-library. They are not
                  there.
                      We did them for the 12 Holy Nights in 2000, but members put summaries of
                  each chapter here, not the text. You can find these in the group's Files
                  section, messages #320 forward: if people would still like to do that
                  lecture cycle, it might be interesting to see what members wrote about them
                  6 years ago. But the lectures themselves are apparently not online.

                  That is just not cool.  Because I read and printed them out about four or five years ago!  I have recently noticed how much is unavailable online to print as well.  It depends on donations etc.  You can read many online lectures on elib but you can not print them out anymore.  That is discouraging for the Holy nights study.  I don't know we'll have to see what happens with that...  Chantel

                  Ask the wild bee what the druids knew. ~Old English Adage
                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 21, 2006
                    ******* This year the will for doing the study together seems to be
                    evaporating like last year. We're supposed to start Sunday night and no one
                    is talking about it, saying if they would take a chapter to present or how
                    else we will do it together.

                    The purpose is to use the 12 Nights to deepen our understanding of some
                    aspect of Spirit Science. Here we have an international communication tool
                    to use. If you live far from an anthroposophic community, here is a tool
                    that can enable you to communicate with like minds.

                    With all Dr. Steiner made available, and all the possibilities of
                    communicating here with other anthroposophists, isn't there anything people
                    want to come together to do?

                    Type your favorite song.� Get a customized station.� Try MSN Radio powered
                    by Pandora. http://radio.msn.com/?icid=T002MSN03A07001
                  • Nina
                    Message 9 of 19 , Dec 22, 2006
                      --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Durward Starman" <DrStarman@...>
                      wrote:
                      > communicating here with other anthroposophists, isn't there anything
                      people want to come together to do?
                      > Starman
                      Dear Starman,
                      All we have of 1908 series is the file Holy Nights summary selections.
                      Seems lectures are already summarized. Am looking forward to reading
                      each one, each Holy Night and I'm sure others are too. Another
                      available selection might have provided easier participation. I was
                      not offering this yr since have not read enough core materials. Hope
                      nothing I've written is "out of step" with the harmony we are aiming
                      for with the holidays. NINA
                      Message 10 of 19 , Dec 22, 2006
                        ******* Well, it's easier when the book is online so everyone has a copy to
                        read. I'll try to post some summaries of chapters, and I guess besides that
                        and the summaries in our old Files section, folks will just have to each get
                        a copy of the book. That's Dr. Steiner's lectures on the Gospel of St. John
                        in Hamburg in May 1908. I have it in the original German and the English,
                        but I don't have time to scan it all in. But I'll make some time to start us
                        off, or rather those of us who receive the e-mails in real time, on the
                        first night.

                        >From: "Nina" <emeraldnina@...>
                        >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
                        >Subject: [steiner] Re: Holy Nights Study
                        >Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 10:52:27 -0000
                        >
                        >--- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Durward Starman" <DrStarman@...>
                        >wrote:
                        > > communicating here with other anthroposophists, isn't there anything
                        >people want to come together to do?
                        > > Starman
                        >Dear Starman,
                        >All we have of 1908 series is the file Holy Nights summary selections.
                        >Seems lectures are already summarized. Am looking forward to reading
                        >each one, each Holy Night and I'm sure others are too. Another
                        >available selection might have provided easier participation. I was
                        >not offering this yr since have not read enough core materials. Hope
                        >nothing I've written is "out of step" with the harmony we are aiming
                        >for with the holidays. NINA

                        Dave vs. Carl: The Insignificant Championship Series. �Who will win?
                        http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://davevscarl.spaces.live.com/?icid=T001MSN38C07001